Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

3ornk9n0Dg2TanVhzq.thumb.gif.f1af833af5c21b265206ec395529c520.gif

I was thinking of what kind of question I would ask Leo if I ended up interviewing him for any other reason than a specific movie. 

I would like to know what story he would pick and in what way he would make it work on screen if he only had 1 million dollars to work with. There is no going over budget with this movie. Not that I say he should do one because I enjoy the big-budget way too much but would his answer be: I can do that or that can't be done? 

12 minutes ago, Mirella said:

It would be interesting to know how well his documentaries are doing.

That's easy to answer. "Before the Flood" broke records on National Geographic. More here: https://www.indiewire.com/2016/11/before-the-flood-climate-change-documentary-record-60-million-views-1201747088/

I think "The 11th hour" wasn't that much successful. Here are some numbers: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt0492931/?ref_=bo_se_r_2

I agree he's not doing those projects because of the money. But wasn't that exactly your point? Doing this kind of stuff for the passion/message/art?

19 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

That's easy to answer. "Before the Flood" broke records on National Geographic. More here: https://www.indiewire.com/2016/11/before-the-flood-climate-change-documentary-record-60-million-views-1201747088/

I think "The 11th hour" wasn't that much successful. Here are some numbers: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/title/tt0492931/?ref_=bo_se_r_2

I agree he's not doing those projects because of the money. But wasn't that exactly your point? Doing this kind of stuff for the passion/message/art?

I don't know if I had a point, to be honest.

Maybe he would choose to make a documentary and not a story if he only had 1 million dollars to make it happen. 

Is a budget of 1 m considered big when you do a documentary? Then it still is a "big-budget" thing he does. Or am I analyzing this way too much?😂

Danny O'Conner talks more about Leo's visit  to Outsider House

anny O’Connor, a music artist and curator of the Outsiders House Museum, posted photos of himself with DiCaprio on social media along with this message: “Like I always say, you never know who’s going to stop by the Outsiders House Museum. Great seeing you, my friend, after all these years.”

Elaborating later, O’Connor said, “It has been over 20 years since we last spoke. Leo stopped by unannounced, so when I saw him walk in — despite him wearing a mask — I said something like ‘Is that you Leo?’ His bodyguard said ‘no!,’ but then he turned to see who was talking to him and then instantly recognized me. I credit that to Soleil Moon Frye’s ‘Kid 90’ documentary that he hand a hand in producing, I believe.”

Frye and O’Connor are longtime friends and she visited him at the Outsiders House Museum to shoot footage for the documentary.

https://tulsaworld.com/entertainment/movies/leonardo-dicaprio-tours-outsiders-house-museum-saturday/article_56d2852e-e1ef-11eb-9cb6-23125f5cb25c.html

Sugarwater

As to Leo/ reading glasses, I remember way back in 1998 Leo was photographed at Lakers’ game sitting countryside with glasses on , and some fans thought he wore them only to try to disguise himself & others felt it was because he needed them 

And ever so often since then, I’ve seen pix of him wearing glasses 

So could be has always needed them,  or they were used as disguise, or what was once used as disguise is now needed due to age as unbelievable as it at time seems Leo will soon be only 3 years from 50 😜

42 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

As to Leo/ reading glasses, I remember way back in 1998 Leo was photographed at Lakers’ game sitting countryside with glasses on , and some fans thought he wore them only to try to disguise himself & others felt it was because he needed them 

And ever so often since then, I’ve seen pix of him wearing glasses 

So could be has always needed them,  or they were used as disguise, or what was once used as disguise is now needed due to age as unbelievable as it at time seems Leo will soon be only 3 years from 50 😜

I remember those 1998 glasses. 😁 I remember during one of the OUTIH interviews when he talked about how someone back them had told him to try wearing glasses as a disguise and he said he tried it, but it never worked for him. These days it seems the glasses are just hanging out on his shirt waiting for when he needs to use them. 

Sugarwater

What I was trying to figure out about the recent pix , is  what is in the bag he is holding ? 

At first I thought it was something he bought at museum , but then the name on lower right corner looks like Zoe Cassavetes  ?? 

AE283A0B-D6C0-446E-A0E1-1AC323B73F66.jpeg

54 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

What I was trying to figure out about the recent pix , is  what is in the bag he is holding ? 

At first I thought it was something he bought at museum , but then the name on lower right corner looks like Zoe Cassavetes  ?? 

AE283A0B-D6C0-446E-A0E1-1AC323B73F66.jpeg

It is an Outsiders souvenir of some sort. You can see a picture of Ralph Macchio lying in his hospital bed after the church roof collapses on him. 

Fun fact: I got to watch them film The Outsiders and Tex way back when.  I was around ten years old. I got Matt Dillion’s autograph which I still have. 

53308F24-4181-44BA-B6B3-53CB12560EE4.jpeg

Sugarwater

Tks for reply as to what was in his bag :) 

That’s great that you got to see some of the filming and got autograph

I don’t remember who posted the article , but I remember reading an article on the forum that claimed that Leo had auditioned for The Outsiders 

Also, tks , for info about Danny’s height 

12 hours ago, oxford25 said:

don’t remember who posted the article , but I remember reading an article on the forum that claimed that Leo had auditioned for The Outsiders 

He didn’t audition for The Outsiders movie as he would have only been seven years old at the time, but he did audition for The Outsiders television series in 1990. He got cast as “Kid fighting scout”