Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

2 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

^Well you haven't because like I said no other cut of all of Leos movies was ever released.

Every finished movie we are getting to see is always just a little piece of so much more.

The original cut of Titanic is what? 11 hours? 

Scorsese had to cut "Gangs of New York" down because the studio said so... it's actually kinda sad we are never going to see the movie he had really in mind for 30 years.

They should change that for this movie.😂 After seeing this trailer I want to see more.

Sadly every time I ask any person I meet if they have seen it they say no. I have to talk them into it every time.🙃 A series would perhaps change that. 

^You're doing it all wrong :p Every time a Leo movie is showing in cinema I let all my friends and family know when they have to watch the movie with me. Because they all love me and know my crazy leo fan ass for over 20 years they just do it. Mostly without hesitating :D Nice side effect: I can watch the movie many times in nice company on the big screen.

tumblr_nxbbyxoHKq1smcqifo1_250.gif

I still remember my brave mother watching "The Revenant"  which she found AWFUL just for me :heart:

3 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

^You're doing it all wrong :p Every time a Leo movie is showing in cinema I let all my friends and family know when they have to watch the movie with me. Because they all love me and know my crazy leo fan ass for over 20 years they just do it. Mostly without hestitating :D Nice side effect: I can watch the movie as much as I want in nice company on the big screen.

True.😂 But I can't turn back time and have the movie be back on Cinema so the studio has to make some arrangement this time.😛 A small request 🙃 to move mountains. 

2 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

^You're doing it all wrong :p Every time a Leo movie is showing in cinema I let all my friends and family know when they have to watch the movie with me. Because they all love me and know my crazy leo fan ass for over 20 years they just do it. Mostly without hesitating :D Nice side effect: I can watch the movie many times in nice company on the big screen.

I still remember my brave mother watching "The Revenant"  which she found AWFUL just for me :heart:

What? Your mother thought Revenant was awful? No! Well, I say this because I LOVE Revenant, but I know each person has a different taste. Thankfully I took my mom and my niece to watch Revenant with me and both liked. 

*The scene at the end of that new trailer where Rick Dalton's beautiful hair falls loose*:wub: Seeing Leo on the big screen as Rick Dalton *pulse races* I'm rewatching that trailer again, hoping one day, we will get extended scenes :sleep:

Thanks ox, Barbie, Lilja, Jade, Sugarwater, and akatosh!

1 hour ago, BarbieErin said:

What? Your mother thought Revenant was awful? No! Well, I say this because I LOVE Revenant, but I know each person has a different taste. Thankfully I took my mom and my niece to watch Revenant with me and both liked. 

It was kinda ironic because "The Revenant" came out in germany around her birthday. So the one Leo movie she didn't like was one of the main topics at her birthday party (or more the question if Leo would finally win the damn oscar) lol 

At least she never doubted he would win but if you ask her today she tells you she still would've prefered he had won for TWOWS :p

It's just not her kind of movie. Dark, dirty, bloody and brutal. I think she didn't look at the screen most of the time because of all the blood and pain and suffering and violence and dirt and death and more blood. Plus she complained a lot about Leos man-goes-wild-and-hairy look lmao 

"A terrible watch" I think was how she described it. For my part I would say mission nailed. I mean it's not like The Revenant pretends to be a easy breezy life is just wonderful movie 😆

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

It was kinda ironic because "The Revenant" came out in germany around her birthday. So the one Leo movie she didn't like was one of the main topics at her birthday party (or more the question if Leo would finally win the damn oscar) lol 

At least she never doubted he would win but if you ask her today she tells you she still would've prefered he had won for TWOWS :p

It's just not her kind of movie. Dark, dirty, bloody and brutal. I think she didn't look at the screen most of the time because of all the blood and pain and suffering and violence and dirt and death and more blood. Plus she complained a lot about Leos man-goes-wild-and-hairy look lmao 

"A terrible watch" I think was how she described it. For my part I would say mission nailed. I mean it's not like The Revenant pretends to be a easy breezy life is just wonderful movie 😆

My sister had the same reaction to The Revenant as your mom. 😆

5 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

omg no way I do the same thing. I literally dragged my whole family to watch the Revenant and I was the only one impressed. I always go on on opening weekend and I let them know day and time and they all show up.

2 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Yeah. If you want a clean shaved and handsome Leo the Revenant probably isn't the movie to watch. 🙃 I would have watched Gatsby or Inception for that. 

ANOTHER CASTING CALL

June 21, 2021

Gnarly-Looking Men Needed 
Thursday for Feature Major Film 

Some grisly, thin, gnarly-looking men, aged 20s-40s, are needed this Thursday, June 24, to play gravediggers for a scene in a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. It is preferable that the men have facial hair, are willing to have it trimmed for a 1920s look, and are free of hand and neck tattoos.

They will need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK on Wednesday, June 23, in Bartlesville, OK.

Filming will be in the Pawhuska, OK area.

5 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Ok, now I understand, she doesn't like this type of movie.

My mom is the opposite, she loves this kind of movie, she especially loves horror/terror/suspense movies, she can see anything, we both in fact, well, almost everything...   :p

My mom used to watch every Leo movie in th cinema with me. Luckily she got me into The Beach when I wasn't the right age to see it 😁For Catch Me If You Can I brought my whole family.

Sadly my mom doen't live near me anymore so I mostly go with friends now. But we watch the blu ray as soon as we can when we see each other :)

Tarantino also said he wanted to publish a director's cut for Django with lots of new scenes with Calvin. I'm still waiting....

I'm so happy we at least got the Titanic deleted scenes in great quality on the dvd/blu ray🥰I always love to see deleted scenes. So let's keep our fingers crossed Tarantino will release something new anytime soon.

Wonderful

Heartbreaking

Interssting

Hot

It's The Sun so I don't know how accurate it is but here's the update about Leos island I requested for LOL

UNDER PRESSURE Leonardo DiCaprio’s multi-million-dollar eco-friendly resort near Belize is YEARS behind schedule after protests

pc-leonardo-di-caprio-multi-million-eco-

Exclusive: LEONARDO DiCaprio's plan to "change the world" by building the greenest luxury resort off the coast of Belize is running YEARS behind schedule after angry protests by fishermen and business owners.

The Wolf of Wall Street star announced in April 2015 he had teamed up with partner Jeff Gram to buy a 104-acre sandbar known as Blackadore Caye for $1.75million.

NINTCHDBPICT000659665713.jpg?w=960

DiCaprio first bought the island back in 2015 and hoped to 'change the world' by building an eco-friendly resort

Credit: Getty

NINTCHDBPICT000659460181.jpg?w=960

Blackadore Caye is a small island in the Caribbean Sea, close to the Belize Barrier Reef

Credit: Coleman-Rayner

The extravagant purchase came a decade after the 46-year-old actor fell in love with the Caribbean country during a scuba diving trip.

The development was scheduled to open in 2018, but The Sun can exclusively reveal work is yet to start on the villas six years on.

Aerial photographs show the empty land features nothing but swaying palm trees and a number of run-down wooden shacks.

Opponents of the project have told The Sun they have SHAMED Leo into dramatically scaling back the project.

"There's been a lot of public pressure on him," one activist told The Sun.

"We ran a Defend Blackadore Caye page on Facebook with a photo showing him being hanged in effigy.

pc-blackadore-caye-1.jpg?w=960

The website for DiCaprio's island welcomes guests to the 'plaza' with detailed artwork

NINTCHDBPICT000659460228-15.jpg?w=960

The empty land features nothing but wooden shacks and is far from a tropical paradise

be115547-9ca8-41ac-9276-121dd4b87a8f.jpg

A map in the plans shows the project location, although work is yet to start

"People were bristling. They got really bent out of shape by the notion that he was going to 'heal' us by building an over-the-top resort for rich people."

Dr. Dionne Chamberlain, a representative for Blackadore Caye Development Group, told The Sun: "Plans for Blackadore Caye will only move forward if they meet the most rigorous environmental and ecological standards.

"All plans for Blackadore Caye remain in preliminary stages.

"We appreciate all feedback throughout the ongoing planning process and look forward to continuing productive conversations with the local community to advance the right plan."

The Sun can reveal the development group will also continue to gather input from all local stakeholders to ensure interests are aligned.

NINTCHDBPICT000659460239.jpg?w=960

Plans for the luxury beachside villas in DiCaprio's proposal after changes

NINTCHDBPICT000659460238.jpg?w=960

Aerial shots show the paradise island empty with only palm trees swaying around a few rundown wooden structures

Despite physical development yet to begin, The Sun also understands rigorous foundational ecological planning and studies have taken place, including a three-year scientific investigation to determine the causes of the environmental issues on Blackadore.

These include coastal erosion, on-island soil degradation, and the on-going influence of climate change.

To counteract the effects of erosion and soil degradation, a long-term restoration plan was developed and implemented using a variety of hybrid restoration techniques.

Property documents show it would have featured 116 villas available for rent or for sale at between $5million and $15million built on a gigantic platform supported by pylons over the ocean.

It would have also included such revolutionary gimmicks as lighting systems that matched guests' natural sleep and wake cycles.

A "renewal and anti-aging" center was being installed by wellness guru, Deepak Chopra, and the actor would "heal" the deforested island by planting mangrove trees and marine grasses to conserve manatees. 

Beneath the floating villas, artificial reefs would shelter fish.

NINTCHDBPICT000659460243.jpg?w=960

The master plan for Blackadore Caye which shows individual lots on the island and a residents' club

NINTCHDBPICT000659460242.jpg?w=960

One wooden shack remains on the island which DiCaprio hoped would 'change the world'

Documents obtained by The Sun show DiCaprio's development team promised the Belizean government the project would create 400 new jobs and $10million in annual revenues.

But experts with a leading Miami conservation group, the Bonefish & Tarpon Trust, mounted an online campaign against the plan.

They pointed out that the waters around Leo's island attract fly fishermen from around the world who bring in more than $100million a year.

They also ridiculed claims that fish would swarm to the steel cables holding up the resort’s mansions, mistaking them for mangrove tree roots.

In fact, they contended, the over-the-water platform would destroy the fish breeding grounds.

One of the protestors' leaders, tour company operator Rebecca Arceo, told The Sun: "For DiCaprio to label this plan as environmentally conscious is just a sales pitch.

NINTCHDBPICT000659460235.jpg?w=960

Another wooden structure is seen on the empty land, surrounded by greenery

NINTCHDBPICT000659460229.jpg?w=960

DiCaprio's team had devised in-depth plans for Blackadore Caye where artificial reefs would shelter fish

"He's a complete hypocrite in my opinion. Fly fishing is a huge deal in Belize for the tourism industry. To call his plan green is totally disgusting."

An active website for the future tourist spot leads with the bio: "Blackadore Caye, A Restorative Island is one of the world's most exclusive island retreats, located in beautiful Belize behind the world's second largest barrier reef.

"Originally acquired by Leonardo DiCaprio with the vision to create the future home of the greenest luxury development ever built - this vision is now a reality.

"Blackadore Caye is the World's first truly restorative island development – a development completely powered by renewable energy and designed to increase the biological health of species on the island and in the waters around it.

"The project will contain a world-class luxury hotel resort centered on health, wellness and sustainability, off-the-grid 'living homes' a research station on climate change and habitat impacts, leading restoration programs and more."

NINTCHDBPICT000659460193.jpg?w=960

The island would be the first green resort of its kind in Belize, according to documents

But despite the website's claims, DiCaprio's dream is still far from being a "reality."

Faced with mounting protests from thousands who turned out at public meetings, DiCaprio lodged a revised plan with the Belizean Department of Environment in which he scrapped the over-the-water buildings.

Instead, the villas would be crammed onto the sandbar "with minimalist designs that subtly nod to [ancient] Central American pyramids," his designers told Bloomberg News.

But one of DiCaprio's representatives admitted the trendy design expected to be a major draw for the resort, will have to compete with hundreds of luxury hotels that already line the Central American coast.

"If [DiCaprio's developers] cannot move forward with their over-the-water feature, the entire project is not financially feasible," the representative told a public hearing.

NINTCHDBPICT000659460191.jpg?w=960

Aerial shots show the island surrounded by the glistening blue seas

pc-blackadore-caye-2.jpg?w=960

The resorts website also shows detailed plans for the future tourist spot

DiCaprio, an avid scuba diver, opened up about his love of Belize and his plans for the eco-resort in an interview with The New York Times, following his trip in 2005.

He told the outlet:"The main focus is to do something that will change the world.

"I couldn't have gone to Belize and built on an island and done something like this, if it weren't for the idea that it could be ground-breaking in the environmental movement.

"With the onset of climate change, there are huge challenges, so we want the structure to not only enhance and improve the environment, but to be a model for the future."

Source

The only time I brought someone from my family to Leo's movie was in 2019. I brought my dad to the OUTIH, he didn't appreciate. He said it was 'too boring and too long', he liked Cliff vs hippies scene and appreciate Leo's and Brad's acting tho. Also he said he was a bit dissapointed in new Tarantino's movie, he expected more action. Also he either slept or went to smoke all the screening. First time I was kinda offended, but now I'm absolutely alright. We all are humans with different tastes and preferences. 

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

It's The Sun so I don't know how accurate it is but here's the update about Leos island I requested for LOL

Sounds like they don't get along for the moment and that is why it is delayed. 🙃 

10 minutes ago, Mirella said:

Sounds like they don't get along for the moment and that is why it is delayed. 🙃 

Also in my opinion. It is rare to read an article about Leo written in that kind of tone. I would cut my losses and see it as a failed investment. If I could. I think his reputation will be dragged in the Mudd with this one. Delayed and talked about in this tone. He already has other things attached to him that drag his reputation down.🙃 Why add more to it? It is so not worth the risk. He will probably lose more money with this one.❤ Nice dream tho.🙂

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

To bad they don’t need a jazz singer. I’d definitely apply (my first college degree is in vocal performance). I still wouldn’t get it though, because I’m not “thin in stature”. So bummed. 

June 22, 2021

Male Jazz Musicians Needed for 
Principal Roles in Major Film
Accomplished Trumpet, Sax, Tuba (Bass Clarinet), 
Trombone, Drums, Banjo/Guitar & Piano Players all needed 
77abd46a-45ba-493a-a13d-a56b157d3ec9.jpg

Various male jazz musicians, Three musicians, aged 25-60, with a thin build, , are needed to appear in scenes in a major motion picture, now filming in Oklahoma. The musicians need to be accomplished in either trumpet, saxophone, tuba/bass clarinet, trombone, drums, banjo, guitar or piano.

The look of the band is inspired by the band pictured above.

The musicians are scheduled to work on or about July 7-8 with a potential rehearsal day leading up to that. The men will be playing to a pre-recorded track on set, so they must be skilled at their instrument.

It is preferable the men are thin in stature. Facial hair is fine. Applicants must be willing to have their hair adjusted to match the period.

Filming is in the Pawhuska, Bartlesville and Osage County areas of Oklahoma.

Those selected would also need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK in the next week or so.

Pay is SAG-AFTRA principal rate of $1,030/day (or $3,075/week).  Fittings are paid at a partial day's rate.