Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

June 12, 2021

Male Square Dancers Needed for Major Feature Film

A major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma, is looking for Male Square Dancers to appear in scenes later this month. Professional dance experience is not required. The film is looking for men 18-80 to fill these positions.

Those interested must be available June 18 and 19 for rehearsal and June 21 and 22 for filming.

Filming will be in the Pawhuska, and/or Fairfax, OK area.

The persons selected would need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK, sometime during the week of June 16-18.

Pay for filming is a guarantee of $150/day for up to 10 hours per day, per person. Any days over 8 hours incur overtime. Rehearsal pay is $100 guarantee for up to 5 hours.

Covid testing and wardrobe fitting is also paid at a guarantee of $40/day up to 4 hours per person.

Travel and lodging are not provided.

Covid testing is required, regardless of vaccination status. Testing site is at the production office in Bartlesville and in certain locations. There is no charge for covid testing.

More positive article on Leos activism than the headline suggests ;)

Is Leonardo DiCaprio trying to buy his way onto the new eco A-list?

As he pledges £30m to save the Galapagos Islands, the private-jet hopping actor has made his biggest and boldest green move yet

Leo%20Galapagos.jpg?width=990&auto=webp&

You’re used to seeing him puffing on a cig while chilling out on a super-yacht or wandering the sunny streets of New York in search of iced coffee, draped around girlfriend Camila Morrone. But over the last two decades, Leonardo DiCaprio has not so quietly dedicated himself to saving the planet.

And last month, in one of his biggest eco-warrior moves yet, the Academy Award winner pledged $43 million (£30 million) towards rewilding the Galápagos Islands, renowned for their diverse ecosystems and where Charles Darwin’s observations later underpinned his theory of natural selection.

Birds and reptiles like the pink iguana, giant tortoise and the Floreana mockingbird, are endangered on the volcanic islands off Ecuador due to tourism, industrial fishing and the introduction of invasive species.

DiCaprio announced the initiative in partnership with Re:wild, an organisation founded by a group of conservationists, via a post on his social media accounts, which have more than 80 million combined followers and are exclusively dedicated to his eco-activism. “The wild is in decline. We have degraded three-quarters of all wild places and pushed more than one million species to the brink of extinction,” he wrote. “More than half of Earth’s remaining wild areas could disappear in the next few decades if we don’t decisively act. This is why I am honoured to support the launch of @Rewild — to protect what’s still wild and help restore the rest.”

In practice, the project will involve restoring Floreana Island, which is home to 54 threatened species, and reintroducing 13 locally-extinct species, including the Floreana mockingbird — the first mockingbird species described by Darwin, after his visit to the Galapagos Islands on HMS Beagle in 1835. There is also a captive breeding programme to prevent the extinction of the endangered pink iguana on Isabela Island, and other measures will go towards protecting marine resources to improve local eco-tourism.

DiCaprio’s eco-philanthropism dates back to long before he became a Hollywood heavyweight. He set up the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation “dedicated to the protection and wellbeing of all Earth’s inhabitants” in 1998 — shortly after starring in Titanic, when he was 24.

Since then, the fund has awarded more than $100 million in grants to more than 200 projects spanning wildlife, oceans and marine life, climate change, science and indigenous rights, and has evolved to become a part of Earth Alliance, co-chaired by billionaires Laurene Powell Jobs and Brian Sheth.

Since then, the fund has awarded more than $100 million in grants to more than 200 projects spanning wildlife, oceans and marine life, climate change, science and indigenous rights, and has evolved to become a part of Earth Alliance, co-chaired by billionaires Laurene Powell Jobs and Brian Sheth.

GettyImages-455871282-1.jpg?width=640&au

Protest what you preach: DiCaprio at the People’s Climate March, 2014 / AFP via Getty Images

He has been building his island empire for some time: in 2005, he spent $1.75 million buying Blackadore Caye, a 104-acre, uninhabited island off the coast of Belize, which had suffered overfishing. The resort, which will feature 36 off-grid bungalows and the same number of homes, as well as a research facility, had been scheduled to open in 2018.

While he is not an out-out vegan, he has been vocal about eating less meat and has invested in a number of plant-based initiatives. DiCaprio backed healthy chickpea snack brand Hippeas back in 2016, meat replacement brand Beyond Burger in 2017 and was one of a group, including Karlie Kloss and Jared Leto, who invested more than $50 million in Califia Farms, a probiotic and non-dairy milk and yoghurt drinks brand in 2018. He recently shared a post with his 19 million Twitter followers promoting one of his brands, which stated: “If every person in the US replaced just one beef burger per week with a plant-based Beyond burger, it would be the equivalent of taking 12 million cars off the road.”

"His love of gas-guzzling jets and yachts has not gone without criticism — but he’s vocal about changing the world"

But his movie star lifestyle — and love of gas-guzzling private jets and yachts — has not gone without criticism by those who point out the magnitude of his own carbon footprint.

Still, he’s vocal about creating a better world. In February 2016, DiCaprio dedicated his Best Actor Oscar acceptance speech to climate change. “Climate change is real, it is happening right now. It is the most urgent threat facing our entire species and we need to work collectively together and stop procrastinating,” he said. The same year, he co-produced Before the Flood, a National Geographic documentary about climate change directed by Fisher Stevens, which sees him travel to five continents and the Arctic, interviewing Barack Obama and the Pope, as a UN Messenger of the Peace.

And he’s an animal lover too — or, as actor and director Edward Norton puts it, DiCaprio “loses his mind around animals”. In fact, it’s got him in trouble. “I’ve known Leo a long time and he loses his mind around animals,” Norton told The Jonathan Ross Show in November 2019, recalling a diving expedition the two of them had taken to the Galapagos Islands in 2016. “He really has a childlike passion for them. This flight of 100 spotted eagle rays went by below us and I saw the look on his face.

GettyImages-523211086-1.jpg?width=640&au

Spread the word: UN Messenger of Peace DiCaprio addresses the United Nations / AFP via Getty Images

“I saw him charging off with this camera that he had, and I have been diving since I was 16 years old. I reflectively looked at my watch and was like: ‘We’re very close to the end.’” Norton, who is an experienced diver, realised that DiCaprio did not have enough oxygen to complete the dive and followed him. “I saw him going off and down and I knew that wasn’t a good thing so I followed him because I thought to myself, ‘he’s chasing these things, he’s going to run out of air’ — and he did.”

We can only imagine how wild he will be going for the giant turtles in the Galapagos.

Source

Despite he still use not so eco-friendly yachts and jets, he did (and still does) a HUGE work for environment. And people who did absolutely nothing just sitting on the couch with beer in plastic cup with plastic straw and criticize him for his yachts lol😂

On 6/15/2021 at 12:47 PM, oxford25 said:

The poster below has a movie blog

They are now doing test audience screenings with DLU 

2021-06-15 (2).png

Liljak

Great double treats in one day = good results from DLU screening plus new pix of Ernest , tks  :clap: 

Is it regular people that watch these screenings? Or critics and people in the industry? I mean if some of them have read the scrip. 🙃

6 minutes ago, akatosh said:

I think they choose regular people. The script was posted at the awards-worthy forum. I read bits of it but not too much to not be spoiled🙂

Why would you want people to read the script before the movie comes out? Is that common? What did you think of the little you read? 

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

June 16, 2021

Various New Background Roles 
Listed For Major Feature Film

A new round of background performers has been announced for a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. They need to be people who have not yet appeared as extras in the film.

Unless otherwise indicated below, filming will be in the Pawhuska, and/or Fairfax, OK area.

The persons selected would need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK, on a weekday, sometime after June 25.

Pay is a guarantee of $100/day for up to 10 hours per day, per person. Any days over 8 hours will go into overtime.

Covid testing and wardrobe fitting is also paid at a guarantee of $40/day up to 4 hours per person.

Travel and lodging are not provided.

Covid testing is required, regardless of vaccination status. Testing site is at the production office in Bartlesville.

Unless otherwise noted, all persons must be over the age of 18.

BREAKDOWN OF ROLES

FILMING JUNE 28-29

POOL HALL STAFF - Caucasian males, 25-65. Thin, wiry. Maybe some grizzle to their face. They rack balls and clean tables in a smoky pool hall.

POOL HALL PATRONS - Caucasian males, 20-65. Slippery characters. Nefarious looks. Hustlers and gamblers. These people aren't to be trusted.

FILMING JUNE 29

CADDIES - Caucasian males, 22-45. Must be golfers. Should know how to caddy.

FILMING JUNE 30

OIL BARONS - Males, 40-70. Wealthy oil men. 

FILMING JULY 1

BANK STAFF - Males and females, 25-65. Business types. Mustaches are great on men, but not required.

FILMING JULY 2

BUTCHER BOYS - Males, aged 13-14. They work in a butcher shop. Please include age and DOB in submission.

FILMING JULY 2 - NORMAN & OKC, OK AREA

COLLEGE STUDENTS - Males and females, 18-25.

COLLEGE PROFESSORS - Males and females, 35-65.

U.S. OFFICIALS - Males, 30-60. Government official types.

FILMING JULY 6 & JULY 7

MOVIE THEATER USHERS - Males, aged 18-30. Clean cut, eager looks.

FILMING JULY 8

SHERIFF'S DEPUTIES - Caucasian males, 25-40. Mustaches are great but not required.

FILMING JULY 8-9

FOOD & DRINK SERVERS - Males and females, 18-30. They will be serving food and drinks at a party.

On 6/16/2021 at 5:19 AM, Lilja K said:

Despite he still use not so eco-friendly yachts and jets, he did (and still does) a HUGE work for environment. And people who did absolutely nothing just sitting on the couch with beer in plastic cup with plastic straw and criticize him for his yachts lol😂

Exactly!  

Thanks Sugarwater for the post!

20 hours ago, Mirella said:

Why would you want people to read the script before the movie comes out? Is that common? What did you think of the little you read? 

Some read the whole thing. I just read some bits because I was curious. There are going to be some interesting scenes between Leo and Cate Blanchett 😊

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

June 18, 2021

Current or Former Law Enforcement or Military Personnel Needed for Major Film

Current or former law enforcement or military personnel are needed for scenes in a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. They need to be people who have not yet appeared as extras in the film.

Filming will be in the Pawhuska, and/or Fairfax, OK area. The persons will play 1920s-era police and federal officers in scenes in the film.

The persons selected would need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK,on a weekday in advance of filming.

Filming will be either June 29 or July 8.

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

June 18, 2021

Black Male Teens Needed for Major Film

Black male teens, aged 12-14, are needed as background performers for scenes in a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. 

They will portray kids who work in a grocery store in 1920s Oklahoma.

Filming, currently scheduled for Friday, July 2, will be in the Pawhuska, OK area. 

The persons selected would need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK,on a weekday in advance of filming.

On 6/17/2021 at 11:33 PM, Sugarwater said:

I love this picture! 😂

B9C4732E-0A19-4AD7-8241-85CCBE8BDC11.jpeg

I bet George know what's going on😂

Thanks for the pic and new casting info!

Also thanks Jade for the Blacklist info! heard about it multiple times but had no idea how it works🤔