Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

22 hours ago, Mirella said:

Leo and Clare are the ones in the water. Who are the other two people? 

Baz Luhrman (director) and one of the producers Gabriella Martinelli ;)

Better view of her (with the late Pete Postlethwaite):

29fb1fc359faa08c9bc3c579dcbf325660a8974b

Source

Freaking love this pic of Baz and Claire :heart:

BKDHYH.thumb.jpg.e70b9d147e23d5901a6904a2911237b9.jpg

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

Okay this is a strange one and the only thing I can think of is that Maria Tallchief, who was a ballerina (Google her), and from Fairfax, OK might be featured in the film in some way.

June 10, 2021

Ballet Instructor Needed 
For Major Feature Film

A female ballet instructor is needed to appear as a background performer in a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. This woman must be an actual ballet instructor.

Filming will be in the Pawhuska, OK area and is scheduled for June 30, with a brief rehearsal June 29.

Since the film takes place in 1920s Oklahoma, the woman selected would need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK, sometime prior to filming.

Pay for filming is a guarantee of $100/day per day. Anything over 8 hours incurs overtime pay. Rehearsal is paid at a guarantee of $50/day, and should only take a few hours.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/william_shakespeares_romeo_and_juliet

Found myself googling Martinelli and ended up on on rotten tomatoes. First, why did they name the site that😂 , and secondly how reliable is it? Did people not like Romeo and Juliet? Gatsby has even worse ratings (on this site). I love both movies and think Baz has a weird way of picture things that I like. 

4 minutes ago, Sugarwater said:

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

Okay this is a strange one and the only thing I can think of is that Maria Tallchief, who was a ballerina (Google her), and from Fairfax, OK might be featured in the film in some way.

June 10, 2021

Ballet Instructor Needed 
For Major Feature Film

A female ballet instructor is needed to appear as a background performer in a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. This woman must be an actual ballet instructor.

Filming will be in the Pawhuska, OK area and is scheduled for June 30, with a brief rehearsal June 29.

Since the film takes place in 1920s Oklahoma, the woman selected would need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK, sometime prior to filming.

Pay for filming is a guarantee of $100/day per day. Anything over 8 hours incurs overtime pay. Rehearsal is paid at a guarantee of $50/day, and should only take a few hours.

Thats interesting.🌞 I would never have guessed that. I wonder if they always find people they look for and if they don't how do they move forward then. 

Sugarwater

Tks for latest casting call :) 

Once again apparent by these casting needs, Marty is adding scenes ( like recent parade) that were never in book 

Gosh , how disappointing that your friend misses seeing Leo by just 15” , I sure hope both you & her get a chance to see him on set before they leave Oklahoma :thumbsup: 

18 minutes ago, Mirella said:

I am not a fan of Romeo and Juliet but this scene is amazing. With that song in the background. 🌞

Probably my favorite scene in any movie---- it really makes you feel things. 😅 I don't know about rotten tomatoes but this movie is definitely 100% approval in my book. It's the one that led me to fall in love with Leo----- ruining my life forever. I was never the same again.

4 hours ago, Mirella said:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/william_shakespeares_romeo_and_juliet

First, why did they name the site that😂 , and secondly how reliable is it? Did people not like Romeo and Juliet? Gatsby has even worse ratings (on this site). I love both movies and think Baz has a weird way of picture things that I like. 

The system is explained on their own site actually:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/about

I would say in the end of the day the only opinon that matters -- if you like a movie or not -- it's your own. Personally I couldn't care less what other people think about a movie I like. Actually I liked a lot of "not well received" or "critically acclaimed" movies. So what? :D

47 minutes ago, kellybsblover said:

Probably my favorite scene in any movie---- it really makes you feel things. 😅 I don't know about rotten tomatoes but this movie is definitely 100% approval in my book. It's the one that led me to fall in love with Leo----- ruining my life forever. I was never the same again.

I know🌞 The barrier from clearly seeing each other with the aquarium and Leos expression with her shyness. I don't think anyone can do it better.❤

15 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

The system is explained on their own site actually:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/about

I would say in the end of the day the only opinon that matters -- if you like a movie or not -- it's your own. Personally I couldn't care less what other people think about a movie I like. Actually I liked a lot of "not well received" or "critically acclaimed" movies. So what? :D

Tomatometer?😂 Their explanation made sense. Did people really throw tomatoes back in the days when a movie was bad? That had to get messy.😂 Yeah me too. 

10 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

Tks for latest casting call :) 

Once again apparent by these casting needs, Marty is adding scenes ( like recent parade) that were never in book 

Gosh , how disappointing that your friend misses seeing Leo by just 15” , I sure hope both you & her get a chance to see him on set before they leave Oklahoma :thumbsup: 

Me too!!!!

Sugarwater

I meant to ask you this on Monday when I read that KOTFM had now moved to Fairfax for several weeks 

How far is Fairfax from Pawhuska , as well as , Bartlesville ???

Is Fairfax about the size of Pawhuska or is it a bigger town ??

Also from what I see online looks like filming there will be done inside different homes   

163E80F3-BDD9-4C85-ACC5-DA2A867CB2FA.jpeg E52394BF-55D0-4B2D-971A-CB6419D06AE3.jpeg 46B1E5F8-3329-4376-8FD3-AC0B0B188406.jpeg

23 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

I meant to ask you this on Monday when I read that KOTFM had now moved to Fairfax for several weeks 

How far is Fairfax from Pawhuska , as well as , Bartlesville ???

Is Fairfax about the size of Pawhuska or is it a bigger town ??

Also from what I see online looks like filming there will be done inside different homes   

163E80F3-BDD9-4C85-ACC5-DA2A867CB2FA.jpeg E52394BF-55D0-4B2D-971A-CB6419D06AE3.jpeg 46B1E5F8-3329-4376-8FD3-AC0B0B188406.jpeg

Fairfax is even smaller than Pawhuska. I looked it up to see if just seemed small, or if it is actually as small it seems when you drive through it. Yep, it really is a tiny town. The town only covers 489 acres. It’s so small they can’t even measure it in miles 😂640 acres=1 square mile. Fairfax is a 30 minute drive from Pawhuska and an hour drive from Bartlesville. Geographically, Pawhuska is stuck right in between Fairfax and Bartlesville. 

I haven’t heard about any Leo sightings this week, so they have been keeping mostly indoors. Based on the casting calls, they have a wedding scene and court/investigative type scenes coming up in the next couple weeks. 

I absolutely love that picture of Leo being blessed by Osage elders! I was lucky enough to be blessed by both the Osage and Cherokee elders when I started on my PhD journey. It’s a lovely ceremony. Right now is about the time the Osage are having their tribal dinners and ceremonial dances. I hope Leo and Marty get to observe these. 

I thought I would give some insight into why they might be using an owl in KOTFM. The pix below were taken from The_daily_leo_dicaprio IG.

In some Native American cultures, definitely my tribe, Cherokee, owls are associated with death. In Cherokee culture, it is believed that if you see an owl, especially a horned owl, you will experience death in someway. It could be the death of someone close to you or your own death. Of course, I’m just guessing as to why they needed an owl to fly through a window into a house. However, knowing what the movie is about, an owl appearing to a Native character in this way makes sense.

1B8DA512-86CD-4C45-AE1F-E435E9F4103E.jpeg 1DF53BFF-B7BA-401C-8823-BD602F9C8418.jpeg

Sugarwater

Tks for informative reply :) 

Regarding the tribal dinners & ceremonial dinners = is there a particular reason why these activities take place in June ??

Also thanks for the explanation as to why they may have an owl appear in a scene 

6 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

I thought I would give some insight into why they might be using an owl in KOTFM. The pix below were taken from The_daily_leo_dicaprio IG.

In some Native American cultures, my tribe, Cherokee, owls are associated with death. In Cherokee culture, it is believed that if you see an owl, especially a horned owl, you will experience death in some way. It could be the death of someone close to you or your death. Of course, I’m just guessing as to why they needed an owl to fly through a window into a house. However, knowing what the movie is about, an owl appearing to a Native character in this way makes sense.

1B8DA512-86CD-4C45-AE1F-E435E9F4103E.jpeg 1DF53BFF-B7BA-401C-8823-BD602F9C8418.jpeg

I love owls. They are beautiful animals with their big eyes and "fluffy" exterior. Wise as an owl. I learned from a pod 🙃 that it was a lot of "hidden" messages in Shutter Island you needed to figure out yourself. I hadn't seen them before they pointed them out. Maybe they do the same thing here? 

9 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

Fairfax is even smaller than Pawhuska. I looked it up to see if just seemed small, or if it is actually as small it seems when you drive through it. Yep, it really is a tiny town. The town only covers 489 acres. It’s so small they can’t even measure it in miles 😂640 acres=1 square mile. Fairfax is a 30 minute drive from Pawhuska and an hour drive from Bartlesville. Geographically, Pawhuska is stuck right in between Fairfax and Bartlesville. 

I haven’t heard about any Leo sightings this week, so they have been keeping mostly indoors. Based on the casting calls, they have a wedding scene and court/investigative type scenes coming up in the next couple weeks. 

I absolutely love that picture of Leo being blessed by Osage elders! I was lucky enough to be blessed by both the Osage and Cherokee elders when I started on my PhD journey. It’s a lovely ceremony. Right now is about the time the Osage are having their tribal dinners and ceremonial dances. I hope Leo and Marty get to observe these. 

Can you please tell more about the tribal dinners and ceremonial dances? What do they celebrate? I hope they get an invitation or invite themselves if they can. It must be so much wisdom there.