Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

8 hours ago, oxford25 said:

The article below is about a woman who worked as part of COVID protocol on DLU . 

She relates a funny encounter with Leo on his first day on the set 

At same time, she mentions something I've not heard before, that Matthew Perry's scenes in the film were cutout shortly after they were filmed them even though he is still shown as part of cast

I wonder how she knows this ??

As an article about the recent Friends’ reunion mentioned he been busy with a role in McKay’s film  

Thanks Oxford that is very interesting to read. Getting tested every other day?!I wonder what happened to there noses. Of course it is the right thing to do and If I was an actor I would have felt safe if they didn’t put these strict protocols to follow but every other day....... it hurts for my nose

1 hour ago, Jade Bahr said:

^I had to tested me every day at work (now it's only every third day). You get used to it. If you make it right it shouldn't hurt but of course every nose is different and so is the personal pain limit.

Opps really?! They don’t give you the option to take a nose or mouth swab? So you don’t hurt the nose too much? 

1 hour ago, LuckyGirl said:

Thanks Oxford that is very interesting to read. Getting tested every other day?!I wonder what happened to there noses. Of course it is the right thing to do and If I was an actor I would have felt safe if they didn’t put these strict protocols to follow but every other day....... it hurts for my nose

I was told they test everyday on the KOTFM set. Don’t know if it’s everyone that gets tested everyday or just the extras. 

5 minutes ago, Sugarwater said:

I was told they test everyday on the KOTFM set. Don’t know if it’s everyone that gets tested everyday or just the extras. 

I think everyone because as mentioned in the casting calls everyone should get tested no matter what their vaccination status is so what is the difference between the extras and the stars of the film

11 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

It's for sure everyone. You can't only test some people. Pretty sure the virus don't care if you're famous or not. Didn't you hear about Tom Cruise and the corona drama on "his" Mission Impossible set? It's seems indeed like a impossible mission this time. Sorry :rofl:

@LuckyGirlNo options. But my nose is fine :D

10 Best Underrated Leonardo Dicaprio Characters

Leonardo Dicaprio is one of Hollywood's best actors with a slew of iconic characters. That made some of his best roles get overlooked.

From the romantic, adventurous Jack Dawson to the durable, vengeful Hugh Glass; from the troubled yet hilarious conman, Frank Abagnale, to the brutally violent slaveholder, Calvin Candie; finally, from the wealth and power-addicted, Jordan Belfort, to the sensitive actor, Rick Dalton, Leonardo Dicaprio is known for his bold range of characters. Die-hard Dicaprio fans may think they know every flick he has been in.

The talented actor has been in showbiz since he was only a teenager when he embarked on some of the most impactful but underrated performances of his career. There are several films that viewers recall the actor's presence in, but most of them were brushed underneath the rug of his most famous roles.

10/10 Howard Hughes - The Aviator

howard-hughes-Cropped.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&

Dicaprio fanatics will say that this film is one of his most well-known, but it's also surprisingly underrated nowadays. There are many audiences that don't recall Leo's complex role as the real-life Howard Hughes: the Hollywood film producer and director, and pilot who blended the worlds of movies and aviation together.

The character experiences an extensive mental battle with obsessive compulsive disorder. Not only that, but it shows the relationships Hughes had with a few actresses and its action-packed with his aviation downfalls and successes. Dicaprio has even said this is the role that he is the most proud of.

9/10  J. Edgar Hoover - J. Edgar

J.Edgar-Leonardo-DiCaprio.jpg?q=50&fit=c

When this movie came out, it was huge. Unfortunately, most don't recall the actor's strong role as FBI director, J. Edgar Hoover. Directed by Clint Eastwood, the movie showcases the character's aging over his life.

The storyline focuses on Hoover's long-term role as one of America's most powerful figures. Serving several decades, Hoover witnesses new wars, leaders, and scandals and chooses to do whatever he thinks is best to protect the country, no matter how merciless the tactic is.

8/10  Romeo Montague - Romeo and Juliet

Leonardo-DiCaprio-10-Most-Tragic-Charact

Before Dicaprio fans point out that this is one of his most well-known roles (or one of the sappiest), they should understand that this intense romance has been forgotten by many. The devout actor portrayed a modern rendition of Romeo Montague.

For Dicaprio, this role premiered at the height of his image as the young, attractive, up-and-coming actor that viewers had major crushes on. Seeing him portray a vulnerable, romantic role wasn't surprising at the time of its 1996 release. But, many today may be pleasantly surprised if they give this flick a chance.

7/10  Toby Wolff - This Boy's Life

This-Boys-Life.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h

This coming-of-age drama is one of Dicaprio's earliest roles and deserves much more recognition. The young actor performed alongside Robert De Niro. The plot focuses on the real-life memoir of Tobias (Toby) Wolff, whose abusive stepfather, Dwight, tries to ruin his entire adolescence.

The teen heartthrob, "bad boy" character tries his best to escape the brutal warfare that Dwight brings into his life. Dicaprio's performance is woven with such raw and heartfelt emotions that it's surprising he isn't recognized for his earlier role today.

6/10 Arnie Grape - What's Eating Gilbert Grape

Whats-Eating-Gilbert-Grape.jpg?q=50&fit=

Many film fanatics know how incredible Dicaprio is in this film, but a lot of today's generations don't even know about the movie What's Eating Gilbert Grape. Dicaprio does not have the lead role, but his supporting role is one of the biggest driving forces throughout the whole movie.

Arnie's big brother, Gilbert, (played by Johnny Depp), has to take care of him due to Arnie's autism. Dicaprio's performance was—rightfully so—recognized with praise and accolades because of his detailed and emotional conveyance of Arnie's innocence.

5/10  Jim Carroll - The Basketball Diaries

1-THE-BASKETBALL-DIARIES.jpg?q=50&fit=cr

A truly dramatic role for any young actor, Dicaprio was tasked with playing Jim Carroll, an addict and high school basketball player. The character's experience with succumbing to the drugs and with legal trouble is a disturbing ride for viewers to hang onto.

Dicaprio's character is abandoned and lives on the streets with his friends due to his deep drug addiction. Some viewers may see it as just a growth and maturity film because of what the character learns, but its focus on drug reliance does not disappoint through the actor's powerful portrayal of desperation and hopelessness.

4/10  Frank Wheeler - Revolutionary Road

Revolutionary-Road.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=7

The all-grown-up actor portrays a husband, Frank Wheeler, who struggles with his marriage. The character cheats, lies, and despises the fragile relationship he has with his wife, only to come to a head towards the end.

The film itself reveals the mental weakening of living an unwanted, and thus depressing, lifestyle. Frank Wheeler symbolizes a character who dares to dream of bigger and better things because of his wife, but he has to choose between the stereotypical "logical" choices and his happier options. Although this film came out rather recently, Dicaprio's seemingly simple yet incredibly complex role isn't continually applauded.

3/10  Philippe Bourbon/Louis XIV - The Man In The Iron Mask

LeonardoDiCaprioIronMask.jpg?q=50&fit=cr

Premiering at the height of his game as a big-time actor, this 1998 film focuses on Dicaprio's dual role as Philippe and the infamous Louis XIV. The double role is because Dicaprio plays twins, one of which (Philippe) learns that he is the heir to the throne.

The twin role was another unique addition to the actor's growing list of characters. The violence, romance, and deception are all critical characteristics of Dicaprio's role, which is why it saddens a lot of true fans that his double-character, royal role isn't as highly praised as it should be.

2/10  The Kid - The Quick And The Dead

Leonardo-DiCaprio-in-The-Quick-and-the-D

Although this movie isn't loved by many, Leo's Wild West-centric performance should be. Playing a young gun store manager in the 1800s, "The Kid" leans into the dashing, daring "tough guy" persona that is savvy with a gun.

Although his role isn't a major part of the film, it's still a fun edge-of-seat performance for viewers to watch. Dicaprio's comical wit in the role is fun to watch and is definitely underrated nowadays, mainly due to Leo's smaller part in the film compared to his other work.

1/10  Arthur Rimbaud - Total Eclipse

total-eclipse.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=

Despite the entire film's negative critical response, the great Leonardo is stellar in a role that differs from what he's normally in. He portrays a gay teenage poet named Arthur Rimbaud who falls for a 27-year-old poet, Paul Verlaine.

The two men explore a sexual, and sometimes sadistic, relationship. Arthur's more confident demeanor clashes with the pompous and conservative upper-class surroundings. But his personal journey as both a creative poet and as a gay man involves obstacles that threaten him throughout the film. The fact that Dicaprio took on a role this complex so early in his career shows his dedication to his craft.

Source

Jade

Thanks for the R&J pic and the article!

A few more tidbits of information I have gathered from talking to various people. Leo and Marty are mostly lodged in Bartlesville which is about 30 minutes away from Pawhuska. Bartlesville is bigger than Pawhuska. Before filming started, Leo stayed several times at The Oilman’s Daughter. Since filming started, he seems to be using The Oilman’s Daughter as his trailer in between being needed on set. The house is only a couple blocks away from the Pawhuska set. Some of his people also seem to be staying there at various times. He has been flying in and out of a private air field in Bartlesville. Marty’s Pawhuska trailer is located by the Simple Simon’s. I believe there has been a video of Marty posted here of him headed into his trailer.

Neither Leo or Marty has eaten in any of Ree Drummond’s establishments. I was told by Ree’s staff that there is probably no way they would come eat there unless they shut down the restaurant to everyone else which they have not. However, it’s possible they order take away and we will never know. 
One of Ree’s staff said Leo’s black car drove by after leaving the set one evening and stopped and Leo rolled down the window and waved to around 100 people who had gathered in front of the pizza place. Other than that, they haven’t seen him. 

Filming video from yesterday.  Seems the main action is taking place inside the store you see to the left in video , and they are having cars/wagons go down the street to portray typical street traffic that you would see in background from shop window

https://www.instagram.com/crystal_bickle/?hl=en

Jade

Tks for rare R&J pic , as well as, Leo role article :) 

Sugarwater

Tks for more behind the scenes info from the set/Pawhuska, much appreciated :) 

1 hour ago, Sugarwater said:

Jade

Thanks for the R&J pic and the article!

A few more tidbits of information I have gathered from talking to various people. Leo and Marty are mostly lodged in Bartlesville which is about 30 minutes away from Pawhuska. Bartlesville is bigger than Pawhuska. Before filming started, Leo stayed several times at The Oilman’s Daughter. Since filming started, he seems to be using The Oilman’s Daughter as his trailer in between being needed on set. The house is only a couple blocks away from the Pawhuska set. Some of his people also seem to be staying there at various times. He has been flying in and out of a private air field in Bartlesville. Marty’s Pawhuska trailer is located by the Simple Simon’s. I believe there has been a video of Marty posted here of him headed into his trailer.

Neither Leo or Marty has eaten in any of Ree Drummond’s establishments. I was told by Ree’s staff that there is probably no way they would come eat there unless they shut down the restaurant to everyone else which they have not. However, it’s possible they order take away and we will never know. 
One of Ree’s staff said Leo’s black car drove by after leaving the set one evening and stopped and Leo rolled down the window and waved to around 100 people who had gathered in front of the pizza place. Other than that, they haven’t seen him. 

Thanks for spoiling us with the details🤗

but why they would shut down the restaurant and open it only for leo and marty? Because leo and marty don’t want large crowds because of Covid? I’m wondering because previously when he made films he would go to restaurants without shutting them down? 

9 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

It's for sure everyone. You can't only test some people. Pretty sure the virus don't care if you're famous or not. Didn't you hear about Tom Cruise and the corona drama on "his" Mission Impossible set? It's seems indeed like a impossible mission this time. Sorry :rofl:

@LuckyGirlNo options. But my nose is fine :D

I’m glad your nose survived 😂

1 hour ago, LuckyGirl said:

Thanks for spoiling us with the details🤗

but why they would shut down the restaurant and open it only for leo and marty? Because leo and marty don’t want large crowds because of Covid? I’m wondering because previously when he made films he would go to restaurants without shutting them down? 

I think the person just meant there are hundreds of people waiting there at the restaurants in order to capture a glimpse of Leo and it would be an unfortunate madhouse if they did anything but swiftly pass by. Not that Leo or Marty have or ever will request them to be shut down. I think it would be the restaurants' preference to shut down for everyone's safety, especially their staff's safety. 

Oxford

Thanks for the video

I just remembered that I never updated you on my friend going over and checking out the train tracks. I probably forgot, because she didn't really have anything to report. She said Leo was there before she got there and he walked by some people and said "howdy" to them. She was told she missed him on set by about 15 minutes. She said she missed him, because her mother decided she wanted to go into a shop called the Pink Flamingo on the way over there which caused them to just miss him. My friend was a little upset and she said she told her mother she could walk home 😂😆

Netflix hottie Michele Morrone (not related to Camila Morrone) outed himself as a big Leo admirer :D Posting the whole article because it's nothing but a love fest for Leo :p via google translator

Michele Morrone (365 DNI) super fan of his idol Leonardo DiCaprio!

Michele Morrone shows his admiration for the very famous American actor Leonardo DiCaprio in his Instagram story!

michele-morrone-365-dni-super-fan-de-son

If Michele Morrone appears as one of the most popular Italian actors of the moment, he is nonetheless a fan of the biggest stars of cinema. He thus displays his admiration for Leonardo DiCaprio in his Instagram story! MCE TV tells you everything from A to Z.

Michele Morrone is inspired by the greatest

On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 , Michele Morrone therefore fed his Instagram story with a brand new unpublished post. And his millions of fans rejoice!

They follow the activity of their idol with the greatest attention on a daily basis, in search of new nuggets. And for once, there is a hell of a lot.

This time around, the great Italian actor, notably famous for his role in the controversial film 365 DNI,  is therefore making a small revelation to his audience .

He adores Leonardo DiCaprio and is not ashamed to let it be known! “The best theater school is to learn from your idols, ”  we can read in an interview with the movie star.

2082149015_Screenshot2021-06-09at11-26-45StoriesInstagram.thumb.png.5b3a787bbaa9a82fdbcc805269f5f68c.png

You will no doubt understand, Michele Morrone is therefore one of the biggest fans of the American actor . It must be said that the latter really has a lot of talent.

The Revenant, The wolf of wall street, Shutter Island, Inception ,  or even  Catch me if you can  and the inevitable  Titanic,  we can no longer count the number of his classics.

The list is long… Really very long! If he appears less often on the screen today, the 46-year-old is nonetheless an emblematic figure of the seventh art .

And that, the 30-year-old Italian actor is well aware of. He continues to be inspired by him and hopes to match him one day. MCE TV tells you more!

With nearly 13 million subscribers on Instagram , Michele Morrone then appears as one of the most popular, influential and inspiring Italian actors of the moment.

Source

13 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

I think the person just meant there are hundreds of people waiting there at the restaurants in order to capture a glimpse of Leo and it would be an unfortunate madhouse if they did anything but swiftly pass by. Not that Leo or Marty have or ever will request them to be shut down. I think it would be the restaurants' preference to shut down for everyone's safety, especially their staff's safety. 

Yeah that’s what I thought cuz it will be unsafe for everyone if they didn’t close the restaurant if leo or marty were there. Thanks 😊 

17 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

Oxford

Thanks for the video

I just remembered that I never updated you on my friend going over and checking out the train tracks. I probably forgot, because she didn't really have anything to report. She said Leo was there before she got there and he walked by some people and said "howdy" to them. She was told she missed him on set by about 15 minutes. She said she missed him, because her mother decided she wanted to go into a shop called the Pink Flamingo on the way over there which caused them to just miss him. My friend was a little upset and she said she told her mother she could walk home 😂😆

Oh no. 😂 and 15 minutes too. That is nothing. I wonder how many times this happens to people when they are sure Leo is somewhere and then they miss him with minutes. 

58 minutes ago, Mirella said:

Oh no. 😂 and 15 minutes too. That is nothing. I wonder how many times this happens to people when they are sure Leo is somewhere and then they miss him with minutes. 

If I missed him by minutes I would legit cry and have a fit. No shame and I'm in my 30s. 🤣