Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

1 minute ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

The woman who posted the 52 pix from the filming on her Facebook stated that she was in Pawhuska  

I figured it was Pawhuska. It’s just not downtown Pawhuska where the parade scene took place. Not sure where in Pawhuska though. Maybe further back in town by the train tracks since the costume he is wearing is the same he had on by the tracks the other day. 

2 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

How big is downtown Pawhuska ?   

In some of the set pix it looks like it consist of only 6 blocks , but is it really a much LARGER downtown area ???

It’s not large at all, not even 6 blocks. The area they have blocked off for filming is only about a 1/4 mile. Maybe even smaller than that. Pawhuska is larger than just the downtown area. It’s obviously rural which means everything is spread out and hidden behind lots of trees, winding roads, and large fenced in cow pastures. For example, Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, has to drive seven miles from her front gate entrance off the main road to her house’s front door. I’m checking with friends that live and grew up in Pawhuska to see if they can identity where this was taken.

Sugarwater 

Tks for reply :) 

Speaking of Ree , is her Mercantile store anywhere near the filming area ?

As I see on IG people posting pix daily from Mercantile store/ deli or from her Boarding House hotel or Frontier Hotel and wonder if they are anywhere near the filming 

24 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater 

Tks for reply :) 

Speaking of Ree , is her Mercantile store anywhere near the filming area ?

As I see on IG people posting pix daily from Mercantile store/ deli or from her Boarding House hotel or Frontier Hotel and wonder if they are anywhere near the filming 

All of her businesses are right on top of the filming area. In the first pic below, you can see “Mercantile” written on the window across from where I’m standing. I’m standing directly in front of her pizza place. Her ice cream store is right next door to the pizza place. The boarding house is located over the Mercantile. The second pic I took from the balcony of her pizza place.

83AF1C67-3CAA-44D0-A898-28FA475A0863.jpeg 7A29B4F9-6B58-4AAD-A023-A6ED5D5CC2B9.jpeg

TODAY’S CASTING CALL 

June 4, 2021

5'11" Blonde Male Stand-In Needed For Major Feature Film

A Caucasian male, 5'11" with blonde hair, is needed beginning Monday, June 7, and available to work several days, to work as a stand-in for a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. The stand-in needs to be the same height with the same features as the lead actor in the role.

Filming will be in the Pawhuska, OK area.

Filming is Monday-Friday and will last for several weeks. This position would be full-time employment with overtime paid after 40 hours in a week.

Pay is a guarantee of $120/day for up to 12 hours in a day. 

7 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

Thanks for info & pix 

Now I see it is all so close together 

Gosh , does she own all the eating places in town ? :p 

Pretty much 😆 There are only three other restaurants I know about that are there. Not sure how the Drummond family feel about the filming of this movie. Everyone around there knows the history of the acquisition of all their land in the middle of Osage Territory is quite nefarious. 

Sugarwater

With the small size of the downtown area, if you came to that town now while filming is going on , are there are other places to shop ? Or is everyone shopping at the Mercantile place as that is right now the only place open to shop ? 

Is that P town pizza I see IG posts taken of her place is well ???

So the area's main economy is ranching ? farming ? 

18 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

With the small size of the downtown area, if you came to that town now while filming is going on , are there are other places to shop ? Or is everyone shopping at the Mercantile place as that is right now the only place open to shop ? 

Is that P town pizza I see IG posts taken of her place is well ???

So the area's main economy is ranching ? farming ? 

There are some shops open that are not owned by the Drummonds, yes. Yes, P town pizza is Ree’s. Charlie’s is the name of her ice cream/candy shop. It’s named after one of her basset hounds. Ranching is the main economy.

Thanks everyone for all the new updates🥰🙏

it is really great that we have 2 Leo movies comping up I seriously can’t believe it🤗

Do you have any idea about the age of the kids of  Leo’s character in Don’t Look Up ? 
because i was looking at the cast in IMDB and I found two male characters whose last name was Mindy and they were adults, one you can say in his early 20s and the other a teenager, so are they his kids? I’m surprised 

2 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

The woman who posted the 52 pix from the filming on her Facebook stated that she was in Pawhuska  

One of my Pawhuska friends said this is indeed down by the train tracks.  Now I wish we had gone over there on Wednesday. Had planned on it, but ran out of time. Darn it! My friend is in downtown Pawhuska right now, so I asked her to go to the train tracks to see if anything was going on today.

Sugawater

Tks for replies to my questions :) 

I guess the people who are posting a lot on IG are fans of her cooking show, so that is why they are visiting & posting pix from shops/ restaurants she is connected with versus other local places 

Luckygirl

In the script of DLU , Leo’s character Prof Randall Mindy is in his early 50’s & had 2 sons in their early twenties 

I had wondered when Leo was cast ( who was 46 during filming ) would they make the sons younger or not , but then they probably figured even if Leo in the movie is supposed to be a little younger  , at 46 Leo could well still have kids in their twenties  

ANOTHER CASTING CALL. 
Just for male extras. 😢

June 4, 2021

New Extras Announced 
For Major Feature Film

A group of background performers are needed June 15 to appear in a major feature film, now shooting in Oklahoma. They need to be people who have not yet appeared as extras in the film.

Filming will be in the Pawhuska, and/or Fairfax, OK area.

The persons selected would need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK, on June 10.

Pay is a guarantee of $100/day for up to 10 hours per day, per person. 

Covid testing and wardrobe fitting is also paid at a guarantee of $40/day up to 4 hours per person.

Travel and lodging are not provided.

Covid testing is required, regardless of vaccination status. Testing site is at the production office in Bartlesville.

BREAKDOWN OF ROLES

MEN CARRYING BOX - Caucasian men, fit in stature, aged 25-60, able-bodied, able to carry a box up a hill.

INQUEST OFFICIALS - Caucasian men, aged 30-65. Could appear to be investigators, law enforcement, federal investigator types. Must be a size 46 or smaller coat.

PHOTOGRAPHERS - Caucasian men, aged 25-65. These are members of the press. Actual photographers would be great, but not required. Must be a size 46 or smaller coat.

PRESS - Caucasian men, Aged 25-65. These are newspapermen from across Oklahoma in the 1920s. Must be 46 or smaller coat size.

Jade

I knew the moment I typed that minds would go to the age of the women he dates :p 

Mirella

Ree Drummonds has a popular cooking show on the Food Network here in the States called Pioneer Woman 

I had read since her show had become so popular she had opened up a boutique hotel (The Boarding House ) and a place called The Mercantile which sells merchandise and has a deli 

And today I learned she opened a pizza & ice cream place as well