Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Mirella

Tks for interviews :) 

Jade

Re : RR ,  I felt how you viewed certain scenes depended on whether you read the book.   In the book we learn that Frank was a  child born late in his parents' marriage and not to their joy especially his father's who oft reminded him of how his birth had a negative affect on things they had planned.  He basically always made Frank feel that he would have preferred if he had NOT been born/aborted ,  which I felt in the movie we see in Frank's opposition to April's considering aborting the baby = it made Frank think of his own situation and how if it was up to his father he would not have been born 

The same way with the lines in the film that the company man uses to convince Frank to stay on and not leave the company = your father would be so PROUD of you = as in the book we learn Frank never felt he had ever done anything that made his father proud

As to April, in the book we learn her mother always wanted a more exciting life than what she was living which led to her abandoning April as a child.  However none of her pursuits for excitement gave her the 'feeling' she thought they would , and she eventually killed herself. 

To me I thought of that aspect of April's background when I watched the interview that Leo and Kate did for Charlie Rose , and Leo said that he believed that even if they had gone to Paris that April would not have been happy .  

The idea that no matter where you 'run' to , your internal problems/issue' go with you , and they rear their 'ugly heads' in time and cause you the same distress 

Barbie

Happy belated birthday :wave: 

Revolutionary Road is quite a film! No matter what, April would have never been happy and Frank would have continued to be the misogynist of the times.

This is the textbook example of a couple that should have never married; a lot of those marriages weren't happy, and the stories you hear about couples that have been married for 60 years or more, there's way more baggage with some of them and the situations. 

Happy Belated Birthday Barbie :biggrin:!

Thanks Jade, Mirella and ox for the posts! I'm going listen to those interviews and Leo has such a beautiful smile :smile:!

First Look: Leonardo DiCaprio and Lily Gladstone in Killers of the Flower Moon

Martin Scorsese’s new movie will tell the true story of cold-blooded murders that targeted the Osage tribe in the 1920s.
KillersOfTheFlowerMoon_Feature_01707F.thumb.jpg.7fc6123a6ada78ffd35fcb5a8badcc66.jpg

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!

Spoiler

One glance at the man who has come to court this young woman tells us something is wrong, but her admiring gaze suggests she simply can’t see it. Sometimes those who are in the gravest danger never do until it’s too late. 

This is the first image of Lily Gladstone and Leonardo DiCaprio from the upcoming Martin Scorsese film Killers of the Flower Moon, based on the best-selling nonfiction book about a staggering series of “accidents,” poisonings, and shootings that killed members of the Osage Indian nation in the 1920s—most of them beneficiaries of a windfall of wealth after oil was discovered on their Oklahoma reservation. 

Gladstone, best known for her role of the Rancher in director Kelly Reichardt’s 2016 film Certain Women and the Showtime series Billions, stars as Mollie Kyle, an Osage woman who was heir to one such fortune. DiCaprio, reteaming with Scorsese for a sixth time, plays Ernest Burkhart, the nephew of a powerful rancher William Hale (fellow Scorsese veteran Robert De Niro) who used brute force to control his corner of Oklahoma, which at that point had only been a state for a little over a decade. The law was basically what people like him said it was.

The Osage tribe settled there after decades of suffering and persecution. Forced from their homelands in Missouri and Arkansas on the Trail of Tears in the mid-1800s, along with tens of thousands of other indigenous people, they were nearly exterminated before signing a treaty with the U.S. government in 1865 that allowed them to purchase tracts of hardscrabble land in northeast Oklahoma. The territory was described as so inhospitable that no one else would want it. That meant they might finally be left alone.

Then crude oil was discovered under the land in 1894. The Osage went from shortages of food and medicine to a literal eruption of wealth, tens of millions of dollars annually, thanks to the fuel-hungry industrialization sweeping the country that had so long harassed, uprooted, and killed them. But now they had something worth taking again.

This set the stage for a series of targeted killings that terrorized the Osage people as powerbrokers like Hale sought to seize control of those oil rights. As author David Grann chronicled in his 2017 book, it wasn't possible for these Great Plains gangsters to kill their way into these riches. Only by marrying into the tribe could the rights be legally claimed by outsiders.

It's a conspiracy so chilling in its calculation and premeditation that it seems inhuman. "What really got to me, was the intrinsic sense of evil. What is it in us that makes us capable of committing these acts of evil,” Scorsese said when he met with Osage Nation's Principal Chief Geoffrey Standing Bear in 2019.

That brings us back to this dining room, as DiCaprio's Burkhart attempts to woo Gladstone's Kyle, wrapped snugly in her wearing blanket and gazing at him with what looks to be hearts in her eyes. In 1917, they were married. In the years that followed, many of Mollie's closest family members would die under violent or mysterious circumstances, consolidating wealth in her hands. Meanwhile, her husband and his family's coldblooded scheme closed around her. 

The casting of Mollie has been the subject of intense interest to the people of Osage Nation. “She must put herself in [Mollie's] world, how does someone know what part of the Osage ways to keep, what to put away, what western ways to adopt or resist or more importantly, who to trust, who to love or who to hate?” Jim Gray, former Chief of the Osage Nation, wrote last summer on the news site Indianz. “God, I hope she’s Native.”

In February, Scorsese announced the casting of Gladstone, whose First Nation heritage comes from her father who is Kainai (also known as the Blood Tribe of southern Alberta, Canada), Amskapi Pikuni (aka the Blackfeet Tribe) and Nimi’ipuu (the Nez Perce Tribe of the Pacific Northwest). She lived until she was 11 on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation in Montana, after which her family moved to Seattle.

Gladstone's acting breakthrough came in 2016 with Certain Women, starring opposite Kristen Stewart, Laura Dern, and Michelle Williams, receiving a supporting actress nomination at the Independent Spirit Awards and winning that honor from the Los Angeles Film Critics Association. She made her film debut in 2013 in Alex and Andrew Smith’s Winter in the Blood, appearing again in their 2017 film Walking Out. After Certain Women, she  teamed again with Reichardt for 2018's First Cow.

Killers of the Flower Moon is her first film with Scorsese. The Apple Studios film is currently shooting and a release date has not yet been announced.

source

Upd Cami reposted and I find it so cute😍

Screenshot_20210510_201118.thumb.jpg.42236c9c483b352cd7aca918d48f6436.jpg

Thank you Leo for hearing our request for a pic from the KOTFM set

We can see Leo's hair is lighter like the real Ernest , and he is clean shaven 

Though , looking at the real Ernest's  hair, I wonder why they went with the divided in middle look 

ernestburkhart.jpg

Liljak

Tks for pic and article  :) 

BUT IF YOU HAD NOT READ BOOK = DO NOT READ THE ARTICLE  = MAJOR SPOILER  

2 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Jade

Re : RR ,  I felt how you viewed certain scenes depended on whether you read the book.   In the book we learn that Frank was a  child born late in his parents' marriage and not to their joy especially his father's who oft reminded him of how his birth had a negative affect on things they had planned.  He basically always made Frank feel that he would have preferred if he had NOT been born/aborted ,  which I felt in the movie we see in Frank's opposition to April's considering aborting the baby = it made Frank think of his own situation and how if it was up to his father he would not have been born 

The same way with the lines in the film that the company man uses to convince Frank to stay on and not leave the company = your father would be so PROUD of you = as in the book we learn Frank never felt he had ever done anything that made his father proud

As to April, in the book we learn her mother always wanted a more exciting life than what she was living which led to her abandoning April as a child.  However none of her pursuits for excitement gave her the 'feeling' she thought they would , and she eventually killed herself. 

To me I thought of that aspect of April's background when I watched the interview that Leo and Kate did for Charlie Rose , and Leo said that he believed that even if they had gone to Paris that April would not have been happy .  

The idea that no matter where you 'run' to , your internal problems/issue' go with you , and they rear their 'ugly heads' in time and cause you the same 

I read the book actually. But for me the movie is telling the story a bit different and not in Franks favour. With cutting his (and Aprils) background stories it looks in the movie like Shannons character said: Frank knocked up April to feel like a man again, to take control about her and the whole Paris plans. In the movie he clearly doesn't want to move to europe. He's just too afraid to admit it probably because he knows Paris won't fix their problems. I give him that much credit but despite from that he's a coward to me at least how he is portrayed in the movie.

There's a book out that argues that "Catch me if you can" was another fraud by a known serial fraudster.  So Dicaprio starred in a "fake" nonfiction story.

http://www.greatesthoax.com/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P3X22K5/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Abagnale

In 2021, journalist Alan C. Logan provided documentary evidence that the majority of Abagnale's claims had at best been wildly exaggerated, and at worst completely invented."

Jade

As to pregnancy since it takes 'two to tango'  I don't feel that there was any 'sex' that happened that April didn't go willingly along with = as we sure didn't see any scene that suggested that and birth control protection is a two way responsibility  = but , I do agree, with Frank's background not known to many who saw the film,   it may seem to some that Frank used the unexpected pregnancy to argue the Paris trip was now unreasonable since he had decided to take the new job with the firm 

Liljak

No problem,  I fault the Vanity Fair writer for giving too much detail in the article 

Jade  

Tks for reply :) 

Leo’s left ear  seemed larger to me when I first saw pic , but I figured it was just due to angle / the flattened down hair , but then I read that article , and it made me wonder was there something prosthetically added 

Now you have me wondering about his nose :p 

1 hour ago, oxford25 said:

Ernest's ears ???

I just read an article that infers that they have added to Leo's ears to make them appear larger , does anyone else think that ???

2021-05-10 (2).png

Being very honest here, Leo looks soo weird in this pic, I think something was changed on his face, there is some make up happening here in my opinion. As for the ears, that's just his ears combined with a very unflattering hair. 

^Can I be even more honest? He looks like a strange wax figure version of himself :rofl: It's not his best movie look so far... gives me J. Edgar vibes for some reason (speaking of bad make up ya know).

Lily Gladstone on the other hand looks awesome so does the whole setting to say something positive!