Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Today’s casting call.

May 3, 2021

Woman Needed for Major Feature Film

A Caucasian woman, aged 25-32, is needed to appear as a background performer Tuesday & Wednesday, May 10-11, in a major motion picture in Oklahoma. She is also scheduled for one more day, on or about July 26.

Filming will be in the Bartlesville, Pawhuska, Osage County area of Oklahoma. 

Pay is a guarantee of $100/day for up to 10 hours per day. Anything over 10 hours incurs additional pay at $10/hour. Any hours worked over 40 hours in a week is paid at the rate of $15/hour. 

Covid testing and wardrobe fitting is also paid at a guarantee of $40/day up to 4 hours.

The woman will be highly featured in the film.

Jade & Sugarwater

Tks for lastet KOTFM news and pix :flower: :flower: 

Sugarwater

Tks for reply to my question about parade / book :)

Now this latest casting role we need for YOU !!

You will be HIGHLY featured!!

We won’t be able to miss you on our multiplex screens :) 

Of course ,besides being highly featured, we just want  to be placed NEXT to Leo :p 

2 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

Tks for reply to my question about parade / book :)

Now this latest casting role we need for YOU !!

You will be HIGHLY featured!!

We won’t be able to miss you on our multiplex screens :) 

Of course ,besides being highly featured, we just want  to be placed NEXT to Leo :p 

I would love to have the role, but 

1. I’m Native American not Caucasian 

2. I’m definitely not 25-32 years old 

3. I will be out of state May 10-11.

I’m waiting patiently for calls for middle aged Native American women 😄. After I have my 50th birthday this coming Saturday, I don’t think I can even be called middle aged anymore, so I’ll have to wait for OLD, Native American women 😂.

5 hours ago, Lilja K said:

I've read KOFM and yeah the story is full of atrocity and injustice to native americans. But I want to say not only the descendants of the killers should ask for forgiveness, descendants of the people who were the part of that big unjust machine (and they're many), should ask for forgiveness too. Most of the White America owe Native Americans a big apology imo (sorry for sounding political, I don't think all the white americans are bad, but ancestors of the most of them were not good people and commited crimes against native americans and people of color and that's a sad historical fact). 

True. Do you think something like this can be forgiven? 

People Needed Multiple 
Days for Major Feature Film

A group of adults, aged 30+, are needed to appear as background performers for multiple days in a major motion picture filming in Oklahoma. 

The persons will film on or about May 23-28, and then again June 1-4. They will be needed most of, if not all days. Filming will be in the Bartlesville, Pawhuska, Osage County area of Oklahoma

The scenes take place in the 1920s. Those applying must be willing to have their hair altered by production, to match the period.

Those selected would need to attend a costume fitting in Bartlesville, OK sometime this week or next at their convenience.

Pay is a guarantee of $100/day for up to 10 hours per day. Anything over 10 hours incurs additional pay at $10/hour. Any hours worked over 40 hours in a week is paid at the rate of $15/hour. 

Covid testing and wardrobe fitting is also paid at a guarantee of $40/day up to 4 hours.

BREAKDOWN

TOWNSPEOPLE - Males and Females, aged 30-80. They will populate one of the towns in the film. They will walk the streets, attend a parade, meet people at the train, etc.

9 hours ago, Lilja K said:

I've read KOFM and yeah the story is full of atrocity and injustice to native americans. But I want to say not only the descendants of the killers should ask for forgiveness, descendants of the people who were the part of that big unjust machine (and they're many), should ask for forgiveness too. Most of the White America owe Native Americans a big apology imo (sorry for sounding political, I don't think all the white americans are bad, but ancestors of the most of them were not good people and commited crimes against native americans and people of color and that's a sad historical fact). 

If you would like to show support, wear red Wednesday, May 5th. Wednesday in the USA is the National Day of Awareness for Missing and Murdered Indigenous People. We wear red to honor them.  Oklahoma is one of many states with a high rate of missing or murdered Native American people, with over 12,000 documented cases since 2000. More than 4 out of 5 indigenous women have experienced some type of violence in their lifetime.

36 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

Tks for more casting news :)

Sure hope we find a role for you 

Like Jack I must write a strongly worded letter to Marty on your behalf :) 

Would you please? Could you ask that I get to be in a scene with Leo while you’re at it? 😁 I don’t need to talk or anything, lurking in the background will be fine.  

I did go ahead and submit for the Townspeople call. 

I don’t understand why they are having a hard time finding this.

May 3, 2021

URGENT:
Woman Needed TOMORROW for Major Feature Film

A Caucasian woman, aged 30+, is needed to appear as a background performer tomorrow, Tuesday May 4, in a major motion picture in Oklahoma.

The woman must be no taller than 5'6" tall, and no larger than a 38 bust and 34 waist.

She must be available to arrive at the production office near Bartlesville, OK at 6:00 am for covid testing, fitting, and rushing to set.

Filming will be in the Bartlesville, Pawhuska, Osage County area of Oklahoma. 

Pay is a guarantee of $100/day for up to 10 hours per day. Anything over 10 hours incurs additional pay at $10/hour.

The woman will be highly featured in the film.

DO NOT SUBMIT IF YOU DO NOT FIT THOSE SIZES OR CANNOT BE IN BARTLESVILLE AT 6:00 AM TUESDAY, MAY 4.

3 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

Would you please? Could you ask that I get to be in a scene with Leo while you’re at it? 😁 I don’t need to talk or anything, lurking in the background will be fine.  

I did go ahead and submit for the Townspeople call. 

Casually lurking in the background😆 Hope you get something.

4 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

If you would like to show support, wear red Wednesday, May 5th. Wednesday in the USA is the National Day of Awareness for Missing and Murdered Indigenous People. We wear red to honor them.  Oklahoma is one of many states with a high rate of missing or murdered Native American people, with over 12,000 documented cases since 2000. More than 4 out of 5 indigenous women have experienced some type of violence in their lifetime.

From the little I have read about it, they seem especially targeted. I spent yesterday on YouTube listening to the author of the book talk about how this story stands out but is sadly one of many. I naively thought it was a one-time thing. 

9 hours ago, Mirella said:

True. Do you think something like this can be forgiven? 

I'd never forgive those people who did that, but their descendants can be forgiven, if they admit that was awful crime without any excuse and if they will make everything to avoid that history repeating itself. 

5 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

I will. 

1 hour ago, Mirella said:

From the little I have read about it, they seem especially targeted. I spent yesterday on YouTube listening to the author of the book talk about how this story stands out but is sadly one of many. I naively thought it was a one-time thing. 

Mankind made own history with blood on the hands, sadly. 

5 hours ago, Lilja K said:

I'd never forgive those people who did that, but their descendants can be forgiven, if they admit that was awful crime without any excuse and if they will make everything to avoid that history repeating itself. 

I will. 

Mankind made own history with blood on the hands, sadly. 

I understand what you mean. Apparently, a book or file was made where it stood in more detail what every ancestor had done. They had it in the museum, I think, but it got stolen. They (the museum?!) believe It was too sensitive for some descendants and that they want it to be forgotten. And now a book has been written and a movie is made with the biggest names on the planet. Hard to hide from history after that.

Some Britney being obsessed with Leo/Titanic facts I just thought ok that's kinda cute :p

Imagine Leo in the music video, giving Britney the necklace and saying "Baby, I went down and got it for you." I would have died luckily :rofl:

Someone should Leos face put into this :D

b416f06f33ef77ed4f4c87cbdd67dd037d52593b

4499baa29508d2c2ba4e04a4780075f242bc2e25

a8c2c0bcf48df90bdb1dc5aca80170e2ba1f7e05

0c8c7128ba8d78706e014d5f6cd6862da0a2dcb9

5fee40e4a4a06dab8b1fc1e24609fd8c89ffaba7

18c7cc8443efac91c2aec7513b6afc92bc6b28c2

c03b1ce1353ce332b710059c890bdfa8bfa3bbd3

43f12bfcacaa67a53f1f1ae8938992c4d54dc9c3

Source

More oscar talk 2022

Variety sees "Don't Look Up" not in the main categories so far:

https://variety.com/lists/2022-oscars-predictions-the-collective-top-contenders/best-documentary-feature-2022/

25 Movies to Know Right Now for Oscars 2022

dont-look-up-1.png?w=1280

“Don’t Look Up”

Adam McKay says his star-studded Netflix comedy “Don’t Look Up” has a tone not too far off from that of “The Big Short,” which earned five Oscar nominations, including Best Picture and Best Director, and won McKay the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay. McKay’s follow-up, “Vice,” was an even bigger Oscars performer with eight nominations, once again including Best Picture and Best Director. In “Don’t Look Up,” McKay pairs Oscar winners Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence as two low-level astronomers forced to go on a publicity tour to warn the country that a meteor is heading toward earth. The supporting cast is a dream: Cate Blanchett, Rob Morgan, Meryl Streep, Jonah Hill, Timothée Chalamet, Ariana Grande, Himesh Patel Tyler Perry, Ron Perlman, Chris Evans, and Mark Rylance. McKay says Netflix is targeting a November or December release, so expect “Don’t Look Up” to be the streamer’s holiday season sensation.

Source

Too soon? Our ridiculously early predictions for 2022's Oscar contenders

(...)

Best actor

DiCaprio has a couple of shots with "Flower Moon" and "Don't Look Up," in which he plays an astronomer trying to sound the alarm to mankind of an incoming comet.

Source

Members opinion via Gold Derby:

For Don’t Look Up, I’ve read the script. It isn’t as bad as many are saying here. I reckon it’ll be in the conversation for Picture and Original Screenplay. I don’t think the characters are good enough for it to get into the acting categories. Then, again, a lot of MacKay’s films feature improvising. And DiCaprio is the kind of Actor who can make a role his own, therefore I wouldn’t be surrprised if he was the solid 5th place nomination that you get every year (like Oldman or DiCaprio in 2019), who has no chance of winning, or he could be the one everyone anticipates has a pretty good chance of getting in but doesn’t (JDW in Black Klansman and Hanks in News Of The World). All the same, I’d  be shocked if it had a chance at winning Picture.

Source

via film correspondent Donald Clarke

We can safely predict that all these titles will, at the very least, be finished. There is an outside chance that Martin Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon will be done, but the great man has worked slowly in recent years. So it would be foolish to bet on that.

Source

2022 Oscars: Way-Too-Early Predictions

• Leonardo DiCaprio will have two high-profile releases in Killers of the Flower Moon and Don’t Look Up. It looks like he’ll run supporting for Flower Moon and lead for Don’t Look Up. A double nominee is not out of the question.
  • Speaking of Scorsese, he’s taking his talents to a new streaming service, Apple TV+, for the aforementioned Killers of the Flower Moon. Up to this point, this is Apple’s best chance to win Oscars.
  • Every year, Netflix has one golden goose to push during awards season. Last year, it was Mank. In 2021, it will be Adam McKay’s Don’t Look Up, with a cast that’s more stacked than the 2020-2021 Nets.

Source

^Like most of the sources pointed out it's probably not happening because Marty isn't that fast especially the time he spends in the cutting room always felt like years :D But it's Leo and Marty so everyone is already getting excited. It's nothing less than a compliment I would say.