Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Said it maybe a trillion times before but sometimes I think Leo didn't get enough credit for all his engagement he's spending so much time, passion and money in just because he's enjoying life way too much for some silly people *major eye role* Get over yourself is all I'm saying and just do it better earth will be thank you.

Wish you guys A HAPPY EARTH DAY 🐾🌳🌍🌼

7 Reasons Why Leonardo DiCaprio Is Our Earth Day Hero

VegNews.LeoEarthDay.png?sha=ed3b584e9c34

There’s more than one reason to love Leonardo DiCaprio—from his exceptional career as an actor to his life-changing work as a very influential environmentalist, he’s captured the attention of millions worldwide. For Earth Day, we’ve put together the environmental highlights of his career—let’s call it the “Leo List.” From his multiple documentaries to generous investments in vegan companies, here are seven reasons why Leo DiCaprio is our Earth Day hero.

1. He produces documentaries that change perspectives on a massive scale

Ever heard of Cowspiracy? It was a groundbreaking documentary that shook the world back in 2014 by addressing the issues of animal agriculture and its devastating impact on the planet. And yes, DiCaprio was an executive producer. He also executive-produced The 11th Hour (2007) and Before the Flood (2016), the latter of which he narrated as well.

2. He’s not afraid to use his platform to bring up big issues

Before Joaquin Phoenix received his standing ovation for addressing the dairy industry in 2019, DiCaprio used his first Best Actor acceptance speech to discuss the climate crisis in 2016. It was all too appropriate that he was accepting the Oscar for his role in The Revenant, which encapsulates both the beauty and power of Mother Nature and the great outdoors.

In between grand speeches on national television, DiCaprio takes to his social media to talk about pressing issues that affect our planet and those who inhabit it. In 2012, he publicly denounced poaching on Facebook. One look at his Instagram, and you may mistake it for the World Wildlife account. He also harnesses his platforms (and 48 million Twitter followers) to promote the vegan and earth-friendly companies he invests in. Twitter trolls have no chance against DiCaprio’s massive influence.

3. He’s spreading the message to the adults of tomorrow

Those old enough to watch Titanic when it first premiered fell in love with DiCaprio at the start, but he’s still reaching audiences that have no idea what it’s like to watch Jack slip away into the ocean on the big screen (“I’ll never let go!” Sorry, we couldn’t help it). In 2009, he received the Big Green Help award at the Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards for his consistent environmental work. He took the opportunity then to instill a sense of environmental responsibility in his young audience.

4. He’s investing in vegan business

Beyond giving to a number of earth-saving charities and non-profit organizations, DiCaprio invests his wealth in the plant-based companies that are pioneering a more sustainable future. He’s diversified his investments among Beyond Meat, Hippeas, Califia Farms, and others. Just recently in 2021, he joined the Sustainability & Health Advisory Council of Perfect Day—a food tech startup that has created the world’s first animal-free dairy ice cream. We’re low-key mimicking his investment strategies when these companies go public (FYI, Beyond Meat already has).

5. He’s United Nations-Approved

In 2017, DiCaprio was named a United Nations Messenger of Peace with a special focus on climate change. He accepted the position at the UN Climate Summit and addressed the crowd: “I feel a moral obligation to speak out at this key moment in human history—it is a moment for action. How we respond to the climate crisis in the coming years will likely determine the fate of humanity and our planet.” Preach, Leo, preach.

6. He started his own foundation to save the planet and animals

Before the Oscar glory and UN stamp of approval, DiCaprio set out on his own to change the world. In 1998, he established the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation to protect the wild species who inhabit the Earth. The foundation’s scope is global, ranging from protecting elephants in Africa to safeguarding several natural California habitats. Each species plays a role in the delicate balance of this planet. By preserving these animals and their lands, we are preserving our home.

7. He’s into solar

Solar is no longer the energy of the future—it’s the energy we need right now. In 2018, DiCaprio partnered with Kingo—an off-the-grid solar company—to literally give power to the people who need it most. The business sets up solar units in remote places where electricity is scarce or nonexistent. This work greatly enhances the quality of life for these communities but does so in a way that won’t pollute the planet. It’s victories like these that give us hope for the future. DiCaprio’s work proves that we can still enjoy modern conveniences such as light at 2am or juicy, beefy burgers—we just need to seek out smart solutions that fulfill our wants without wrecking the planet. 

Source

Leonardo DiCaprio-Produced Wildlife Adventure Series Among YouTube’s First Climate Change-Focused Slate

EXCLUSIVE: YouTube is launching a slate of originals designed to promote climate change and sustainability with projects including a Leonardo DiCaprio-produced wildlife adventure series.

The company has ordered three new series – Seat at the Table, Shut It Off ASAP and Stay Wild (w/t) – and is back with more episodes of Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s Create Together, BookTube and Kid Correspondent.

It comes ahead of Earth Day on April 22 and is part of Google’s focus on climate action, which includes the tech company’s plan to use only carbon-free energy by 2030.

Stay Wild (w/t) will explore Earth’s critically endangered environments through a series of immersive adventures with Mark Vins including an expedition through the treacherous, sloping rainforest of Rwanda in an attempt to find the last of the wild mountain gorillas. It is produced by DiCaprio’s Appian Way, Ginny & Georgia producer Madica Productions and YouTube channel Brave Wilderness.

(...)

These four shows will air in October 2021.

Source

Adam McKay talking about Leo agreeing to do DLU

McKay wrote the character of astronomer Kate Dibiasky for Lawrence, and the “Silver Linings Playbook” Oscar winner got the first read of the script. Landing DiCaprio was a different story.

“I think he’s amazing and I love his work, but I just thought there’s no way he’s going to do this because if I could only work with Martin Scorsese, I would only work with Martin Scorsese,” McKay quipped. “I would be Martin Scorsese’s assistant on set. So why would he do this with me? But as it turns out he really loved the script. We went back and forth on it. It was about a four-to-five month process with us just kicking around ideas. We took a break for the quarantine, and lo and behold once we figured out a theoretically safe way to shoot this movie, he was in. I couldn’t believe it. It’s no surprise he’s fabulous in the movie.”

McKay continued, “He’s really funny. Really grounded. It’s a great mix and it was perfect with Jen Lawrence, who is the same way. She’s crazy funny but grounded. When you had those two as our main people, the style of the movie was set.”

Netflix has not announced a release date for “Don’t Look Up,” but McKay said it will most likely open in November or December. Head over to the “Happy Sad Confused” podcast website to listen to McKay’s interview in its entirety.

13 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Adam McKay talking about Leo agreeing to do DLU

I think most people were surprised about this very unpredictable move. Some liked it some not. I like that after 20 years a actor of Leos format and preferences can still surprise me especially meanwhile every idiot should know he's not saying yes to a movie because he's bored lol

Thanks for the pics!

Those businesses in downtown Pawhuska have been paid by the production company to shut down, basically a paid vacation. When we were there, there were signs in the windows of the businesses stating they were either going to continue operating in a temporary location, or shut down completely for awhile and reopen later.

Thank for all the content, guys❤️

24 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

^Yuh-Jung Youn was probably the best part but for sure the most hilarious part of the night :rofl:

She's adorable. So glad she wins. 

25 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Not really Leo related but am I the only one or is Brad looking like a hot pimp? LOL

He looks like he is back to the 2012-2013. And yeah, he is so fcking hot🔥

Sorry for double post btw

I love Leo and want more new movies with him, but I think it makes no sense. There's so many amazing ideas and they choose to remake last year's movie, what a waste of talents

Oscar Winner ‘Another Round’ In Remake Deal With Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way, Makeready & Endeavor Content

EXCLUSIVE: English-language remake rights to Thomas Vinterberg’s Best International Film Oscar winner Another Round have been acquired after an auction. The film will be developed as a potential star vehicle for Leonardo DiCaprio and was won in a bid by his and Jennifer Davisson’s Appian Way, Endeavor Content and Brad Weston’s Makeready. The film will be fully funded by Endeavor Content and Makeready.

This was a hotly sought-after project, even before the film won the Oscar in Sunday night’s ceremony at Union Station. The difference maker here to Vinterberg was the chance to see DiCaprio in a new role, the vulnerable middle-aged man in existential crisis played by Mads Mikkelsen.

The film will be produced by Appian Way’s DiCaprio and Davisson, and Brad Weston and Negin Salmasi for Makeready, and Endeavor Content. Appian Way’s Mike Hampton will shepherd the project. They will hire a writer quickly.

‘Another Round’ Team On The Idea Of Raising A Glass To “An Embracement Of Life” – Contenders Film: The Nominees

Sources said that several tastemaker companies sought the rights, including Studiocanal with The Picture Company and Jake Gyllenhaal and Riva Marker’s Nine Stories, and Elizabeth Banks in a bid with Universal Pictures. The auction, waged by Vinterberg’s ICM Partners reps, unfolded during the final two weeks of the Oscar race that concluded with Vinterberg winning Best International Feature last night.

Vinterberg gave one of the most touching speeches of the evening, dedicating the win to his daughter Ida. She was an inspiration behind the formation of the film and was set to play the daughter of the protagonist (Mikkelsen). Four days into filming, she was killed in a car crash. Vinterberg dedicated the Oscar to her and now has another opportunity to further honor her legacy. The film won BAFTA and many other honors, and Vinterberg was also Oscar nominated in the Best Director category.

The Film That Lit My Fuse: ‘Another Round’ Director Thomas Vinterberg

Vinterberg, who wrote the film with Tobias Lindholm under the title Druk, will be executive producer of the remake along with Sisse Graum Jørgensen and Kasper Dissing.

Another Round involves four teacher pals in midlife crisis who decide to experiment with raising their blood alcohol levels as a way to make life more interesting. While they initially are exacting about their levels, things progressively get out of hand for some of them. The film takes a European look at the consumption of alcohol that makes an English-language remake intriguing. Alcohol is not the evil element, it’s more about the choices made by the characters, what it does to them and their families and how to turn things around.

Vinterberg is repped by ICM Partners and Jessica Sykes at Independent Talent Group.

source