Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

23 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

If it had been up to me, he would not have been kept waiting for the Oscar for decades, but would have been sent to Mama Irmelin 46 years ago directly to the maternity ward. Simply for its existence.

YES, I would do the same💯

I still have tons of (old) Leo stuff in my basement back from my teenage times, the time you know everything you had from Leo was found on paper and not in the internet :D Never brought myself to throw the stuff away ...

I still remember when I saw him the first time in the german magazine Bravo. So long before I watched a movie with him I was looking at some random photo and thought "hey this boy is kinda cute" 😍 I was like - I don't know - 10 or 11... I never found that particular photo from this interview online what made me sexual attracted to the other sex probably for the first time ever LOL

I think it was from this shooting, but he was looking straight in the camera and all smiley:

greg42.thumb.jpg.0b03a61b471ff089112df152ded1b4e0.jpg

FOUND IT (now that was easy lol):

1080336910_bravo96.thumb.jpg.e6df4dba2066d830a02164cebb26aeb3.jpg

I even know the interviews headline "My Juliet is called Kristin and she's cute" or something smiliar :rofl: Yeah those memories never fade.

Watched the quick and the dead yesterday and I understand Leo mania more. All article about him when he was younger is a complete love fest and he sounds so sweet. Doesn't matter what he speaks about. He is just sweet anyway. Must have been annoying if he wanted to be serious.🙃 Leo mania years completely passed by me (I was lost in my books) so I would like to read/see all the old stuff. 

Yep, that article is basically me to, lol. Glad we are not alone girls. :p

@Jade Bahr I still have old stuff from magazines, don't think I will ever be able to throw all that away. :cry: But I also have new stuff from magazines, lol. And thanks to post such sweet article we Leo fans can relate so much. 

2 hours ago, kellybsblover said:

yup yup basically me ;)---- and I agree that I fell in love with the man in that aquarium scene. 😅 We grew up very humble- one Christmas all I asked for was the Romeo & Juliet VHS so I could rewind that once scene over and over again. 🤣Now kids can just go to youtube to watch things but I can guarantee you it's not as fun.

I had "Romeo and Juliet" on VHS too... twice :D One in german and one in the original english version (back then VHS only had one language and in germany all movies are synchronized in well german lol).

So back then I really really sucked in english (had it in school and my grades were the worst). So my smart ass parents were like "if she can stare at this dicaprio guy all day maybe she can stare at him and learn something from him when his sweet lips are moving" - like if you got shakespeare in english girl, you can manage everything in english :rofl:

I finished graduation with an A in english just saying. So thx to Leo at this point lol He definitely was part I started to like this language :p

I have many such stories even though I don't really know him, Leo was more than half my life (and still is) a huge and important part in my life. So when I say sometimes things like I think he did staged papwalks I don't say it to degrade him. Not at all. I adore this man. But when you follow someone for so long you started to notice things/pattern or just started to dig a bit deeper in his life (what's none of my business but sometimes I do it nevertheless LOL) and recognize things maybe other people never would see (because they aren't creepy as my bitchy stalker fan ass lol) .... Maybe it's kinda silly but this is what fandoms live from right? Not saying I know any real sh!t about him 😁

main-qimg-61f52d3b679910c975a752fd40ae7f

16 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

I had "Romeo and Juliet" on VHS too... twice :D One in german and one in the original english version (back then VHS only had one language and in germany all movies are synchronized in well german lol).

So back then I really really sucked in english (had it in school and my grades were the worst). So my smart ass parents were like "if she can stare at this dicaprio guy all day maybe she can stare at him and learn something from him when his sweet lips are moving" - like if you got shakespeare in english girl, you can manage everything in english :rofl:

I finished graduation with an A in english just saying. So thx to Leo at this point lol He definitely was part I started to like this language :p

I have many such stories even though I don't really know him, Leo was more than half my life (and still is) a huge and important part in my life. So when I say sometimes things like I think he did staged papwalks I don't say it to degrade him. Not at all. I adore this man. But when you follow someone for so long you started to notice things/pattern or just started to dig a bit deeper in his life (what's none of my business but sometimes I do it nevertheless LOL) and recognize things maybe other people never would see (because they aren't creepy as my bitchy stalker fan ass lol) .... Maybe it's kinda silly but this is what fandoms live from right? Not saying I know any real sh!t about him 😁

main-qimg-61f52d3b679910c975a752fd40ae7f

Well for not knowing anything you bring a lot to the table. Thank you for sharing as much as you do. Wish y a happy easter.

I definitely can relate to that article :p In my mother's basement, there's a box of my old magazines, posters, dvds  and vhs of Leo films, old interviews, etc.,. For some reason, she won't allow me to take that box to my apartment. Maybe that's her way of holding on to my childhood. Leo has that something special that we can understand as fans, I guess, like why do we adore him so much.

22 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

But when you follow someone for so long you started to notice things/pattern 

:biggrin: that's so true and yes we pick up certain patterns, even down to his nervous traits😌

Thanks Sugarwater, Lilja and Jade for the latest info!

Edward Norton is talking in this recent yahoo interview a little bit about his "pal" Leo and how he passed the main role in "Primal Fear" (next to Richard Gere) which then went to Norton.

Around 1:23

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/edward-norton-primal-fear-leonardo-dicaprio-richard-gere-150025030.html

I knew without even checking Leos name would coming up multiple times in the comments section:

Thanks for the updates everyone. 

Regarding the tweet from Pawhuska, that is not an exaggeration. The town is tiny and yes, they only have a couple public restrooms. Things are about to get interesting. LOL

Oxford

I haven’t heard anything yet. I’m hoping I don’t get called in the beginning of May, because I will be out of state. 

7 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Edward Norton is talking in this recent yahoo interview a little bit about his "pal" Leo and how he passed the main role in "Primal Fear" (next to Richard Gere) which then went to Norton.

Around 1:23

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/edward-norton-primal-fear-leonardo-dicaprio-richard-gere-150025030.html

I knew without even checking Leos name would coming up multiple times in the comments section:

Lol, of course there are a lot of stupid people who thinks that if Winslet opens her mouth about another actors she ALWAYS talks about DiCaprio, haha. They think she doesn't know anyone else in industry, lol. Silly, silly people.

SugarWater

Tks for reply :) 

Sure hope it works out that you are available for when they contact you .  

We must have our own KOTFM cast member :p 

Barbie

Agree Leo looks adorable in that closeup , and wouldn't I love to be that up close to him :p