Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Just posting because LOL :D

Welcome To 2021, Where This Leonardo DiCaprio And Steve Martin Comparison Will Make You Feel Super Old

3223beab889356ad7745da52ac53746c6cb6802c

Welcome to 2021, a year with, Scrubs and Grey’s Anatomy actresses returning to TV to play women in their forties on Firefly Lane, a year in which we’ve looked back at Britney Spears’ career in order to reframe it and a year in which skinny jeans and side parts are apparently not cool anymore. It’s starting to feel like this year has been designed to make many of us feel old AF. Case in point: a recent viral post about Leonardo DiCaprio and Steve Martin that Father of the Bride co-writer Nancy Meyers even commented on.

Here’s the gist. Recently, a social media user dropped a hot fact right into our laps that went viral, to the point where Nancy Meyers, who famously co-wrote Father of the Bride, saw it. She then shared her own take on the fact that Steve Martin's Father of the Bride character and Leonardo DiCaprio are now of the same age.

Yes, right now, at this very moment, Titanic actor Leonardo DiCaprio is the exact same age Steve Martin was when he filmed Father of the Bride back in 1991. Now, Steve Martin famously went grey in his thirties and he was only 46 at the time he filmed Father of the Bride. In addition, Titanic itself is nearing its 25th anniversary; regardless, thinking about Leonardo DiCaprio being the same age as a dude giving away his daughter in a movie is still something I was deeply uninterested in computing related to my own age.

Look, maybe Leonardo DiCaprio looks 5 percent less amazing nowadays. He did, after all, play a character who was sort of on a downward trajectory in his career and not totally taking care of himself in Quentin Tarantino's recent Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, which doesn't help that imagery. But the fact the actor is nearing fifty is still difficult to fully comprehend. Whether it’s because DiCaprio is a longtime bachelor or simply because more time has passed than many of us are willing to admit, him being the same age as a grey-haired Steve Martin was when he played the father of a bride stands out as a stark fact, though my favorite take on the matter came from one commenter on the original Twitter post Nancy Meyers responded to, which joked:

In his defense, Steve Martin has looked 65 since he was 20.

In addition, thinking through how long ago 1991 actually was is even a little tough to fully process--30 years! Nancy Meyers and Steve Martin themselves are in their seventies now, another zinger that may or may not make you feel old AF. Or as Nancy Meyers herself noted, time passes swiftly. There are moments when the passing of time really sinks in and this is one of them for me.

Meanwhile, I don’t see Leonardo DiCaprio doing a Father of the Bride reboot anytime soon, though the cast did reunite for a popular Zoom call during quarantine last year. In case you want to feel even more weirded out, I’ll just go ahead and point out that J.LO is the same age as Ruth McClanahan was when she joined Golden Girls. You’re welcome.

Source

Below is article about Leo's recent visit to Galapagos ,  and IF article is accurate it was a very brief visit and Leo may already be back in States

President Lenin Moreno met on Saturday, March 13, 2021 in the Galapagos Islands with actor and environmentalist Leonardo DiCaprio, according to a publication in Vistazo magazine. Upon his arrival in the Ecuadorian archipelago, at 10:30 on Saturday, on a private flight, the actor arrived accompanied by five people, plus three crew members from his aircraft. "However, the protagonist of 'Titanic' would have requested that the meeting be private and that there be no press during the meeting. In addition, it is known that his stay on the islands was brief." Officially, Galapagos is the first province to complete Phase 1 of vaccination against covid-19 in all of Ecuador. This was reported by the Ministry of Public Health (MSP), on Sunday March 14, 2021. It is not the first time that Leonardo DiCaprio has been aware of the Galapagos Islands. Last year he spoke out about the threat of hundreds of fishing vessels on the islands. DiCaprio is one of the world leaders in the fight against climate change. In 1998 he created the foundation that bears his name to fight against global warming. On July 20, 2020, on his Instagram account, the actor and activist expressed his concern about the situation in the Galapagos Islands and shared a publication from The Guardian. The British newspaper published an article entitled 'Alarm over discovery of hundreds of Chinese fishing vessels near Galapagos Islands' in which it notes that around 260 boats were in international waters on the outskirts of a 188-mile-wide exclusive economic zone around the island.

This content has been originally published by Diario EL COMERCIO at the following address:

https://www.elcomercio.com/tendences/lenin-moreno-galapagos-secreto-leonardo.html. If you are thinking of making use of it, please cite the source and make a link to the original note from which you have taken this content. ElComercio.com

Jade , Barbie, Alice T

Tks for latest Leo related news & pic  :flower: :flower: :flower:

On 10/4/2020 at 11:16 AM, Jade Bahr said:

I'm all in :p

They son would be pretty perfect too :p

Even though he reminds me more of Hayden Christensen what makes him such a obvious choice for Anakin Skywalker a role Leo originally was offered to:

baca5b30c4b7d6090d13ee339b78d893c3e2a9d5

Source

b7c0deedd111f920b6097e9bd72a79c34e46d5a8

Source

I mean... 🧐

ELtQy1TXkAEnB4V?format=jpg&name=900x900

Source

Yeah just my regular thoughts on a wednesday :D

Some more news of jobs people living in Oklahoma  can apply for to be part of FOTKM production

https://okcfox.com/news/local/scorsese-dicaprio-movie-looking-for-oklahomans-to-assist-on-set

Also glad to see from the article below they are already working on film sets 

The Hometown Appliance store on Kihekah Avenue, which sits just a stone’s throw from Ree’s Mercantile, has been a family run business forever. I discovered that they have moved temporarily to another location and their big building has all its large windows papered over so you can’t see inside, and friends this is where all the out-of-town production people have been preparing a set for the film. Large trucks loaded with props have been parked around the building and workers have been seen measuring streets and other buildings getting ready for production to start.

Sightings of Robert De Niro, Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese along with many other actors continue to be big news in town. My sources tell me most of the actors involved with the film have rented homes in town, but the journeymen working on the project are staying in Bartlesville.

Leo is producing another documentary called 'The Loneliest Whale'. More infos:

Leonardo DiCaprio, Adrian Grenier-Produced Nature Doc 'The Loneliest Whale' Lands at Bleecker Street

Joshua Zeman is behind the doc about a whale that scientists believe has spent its entire life in solitude.

Bleecker Street has taken the North American rights to documentary The Loneliest Whale: The Search for 52, which counts Leonardo DiCaprio as an executive producer.

Joshua Zeman is behind the doc that chronicles the quest to find the “52 Hertz Whale,” which scientists believe has spent its entire life in solitude calling out at a frequency that is different from any other whale. As the film embarks on this engrossing journey, audiences will explore what this whale’s lonely plight can teach us — not just about our changing relationship to the oceans, but to each other.

The film will be released in theaters on July 9, with a VOD release to follow.

Zeman and Jonathan Shukat produced the movie. Along with DiCaprio, Jennifer Davisson, Lucy Sumner, Adrian Grenier, Brian Devine, Evan Krauss, Gabriel Napora, Yas Taalat and Yipeng Ben Lu executive produced the feature.

Source

53 minutes ago, Jade Bahr said:

Leo is producing another documentary called 'The Loneliest Whale'. More infos:

That's interesting. Nature is surprising us every day. I wonder why it "sings" differently. I like Leo's documentaries. It was one of his documentaries that caught my interest in him in the beginning. Not his movies.

16 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Some more news of jobs people living in Oklahoma  can apply for to be part of FOTKM production

https://okcfox.com/news/local/scorsese-dicaprio-movie-looking-for-oklahomans-to-assist-on-set

Also glad to see from the article below they are already working on film sets 

Can't wait to filming start, I hope starts in april, already missing pics.