Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I randomly found this and think it's quite curious. Most people think he's an extravert, but I think he's actually an introvert. For me it seems like he makes himself look an extravert on public events, interviews etc but in a daily life he looks more an introvert. Any thoughts?

leonardo-dicaprio-actors-usa-mbti-personality-type 

27 minutes ago, Sugarwater said:

In real life, I’m a clinical psychologist who specializes in psychological evaluations, so I administer a lot of personality assessments (along with many other types of assessments). Obviously, I have never truly assessed Leo, but I believe he is an ambivert.

Wow, that's so cool. Can I ask what MBTI type would you determine for him?

On 12/26/2020 at 10:14 AM, Lilja K said:

Wow, that's so cool. Can I ask what MBTI type would you determine for him?

I don’t use Meyer Briggs assessments, so not that familiar enough to use it to guess with. The assessments I use go much deeper and into the more darker aspects of personality. Also, what we get to see of Leo is so contrived that I would never try to evaluate what his real personality is like off of it.

Why You Won't See Leonardo DiCaprio On The Hollywood Walk Of Fame

intro-1609290554.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio has been one of the biggest movie stars in Hollywood for decades. That is not only proven with his dozens of successful movies like Inception, The Wolf of Wall Street, and the iconic Titanic, but with his collection of prestigious awards like his 2016 Academy Award for Best Actor (The Revenant) and his 2005 and 2016 Golden Globes for Best Actor (The Aviator, The Revenant).

With a decades-spanning career in which he's been labeled everything from a "'90s heartthrob" and a "Hollywood hunk" to Hollywood's "most eligible bachelor," one would think DiCaprio has been honored with all the possible awards in Tinseltown. However, he is missing one, and he might be forever.

When you think of Hollywood, a few things might come to mind, like the Hollywood sign or a young socialite racing down Rodeo Drive in the convertible her dad just bought her. Another sight that might pop into vision is 18 blocks of pink stars cemented into the sidewalk along Hollywood Boulevard displaying the names of the entertainment industry's most famous folks. Or, so we thought. It turns out DiCaprio, among many A-list celebrities, are missing from the infamous sidewalk. Keep reading to learn why you won't see DiCaprio on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Leonardo DiCaprio might not want to complete the process

Leonardo DiCaprio undoubtedly has the accolades to warrant a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. A fan even started a petition to secure him a spot on the popular tourist destination. "It's shocking to me (and many people) that he has not been awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame after decades of memorable after memorable performances," the passionate fan wrote.

However, it turns out that one doesn't have to just be super famous to be nominated for a star on the Walk of Fame, but also needs to be willing to finish a long and expensive process. Today reported in 2017 that the nomination process for a star on the infamous street is more complicated than being crowned the Best Actor or Best Actress by The Academy. Once the nomination process is started, which includes being submitted by a third party and the nominee signing a consent letter, the nominee then has to promise to show up to the award ceremony. If awarded a star, the celebrity also has to pay for the creation and maintenance of it, which is $40,000.

It is possible that more stars have been nominated than the public believes, and they've turned down the offer. Who wants to pay for a piece of sidewalk when $40,000 can pay for an exclusive trip to an island anyway? Though it's practically pocket money for someone as rich as DiCaprio, it's perhaps just not what he wants to spend his money on.

Source

Martin Scorsese is not sure he can find spark to make next film with Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro

19014-martin-20170223071649.jpg?itok=pWJ

This year has taken a toll on almost all of us. Ace filmmaker Martin Scorsese who last gave us ‘The Irishman’ feels he’s not matching up to his usual energy given the circumstances. 

In an interview recently, Martin Scorsese said, ‌ ‌"I like that people appreciated [my previous movie The Irishman]. I was very touched by that. This [global health crisis] has stopped a creative process. I turned in on myself. Particularly the first couple of months, when we were locked in our houses, it eliminated a lot of distraction. I have to find a way to get back to a singular creative impulse for my new film the way I had for The Irishman. Cut away all the award ceremonies, all that stuff, and get back to being in a room alone with a project and wondering if I can do something again."

Martin Scorsese will next be seen with his longtime collaborators, Robert De Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio. This will mark the first time when all three will be seen together. The project is titled ‘Killers of the Flower Moon’ and is based on the non-fiction book Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI, by American journalist David Grann.

Martin in the interview further said,‌ ‌"With The Irishman, we achieved what I wanted to do. Whether it's great or good or not, I don't know. I know I could watch it. What I mean is I have to go back and find that spark. I don't know if I can. But the [crisis] has made it almost obligatory to go and find it. Because everything else is gone, normal life is not there anymore. So what do you have? You have people you love, family, and you hope, a creative spark, and maybe that can be rekindled for a new film. But I keep going back to Irishman. Thinking on Irishman. I use The Irishman as... I used that experience as the lesson."

Source

:D

Doctor Strange 2 Art Imagines Leonardo DiCaprio Playing Sensational Spider-Man

Highly speculative but fun fan art imagines Leonardo DiCaprio finally becoming Spider-Man in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Spider-Man-Doctor-Stra

Fan art imagines Leonardo DiCaprio as the Sensational Spider-Man in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. Since the era of comic book movies began in the 1990s, the character of Spider-Man has been brought to life many times, first by Tobey Maguire and later by Andrew Garfield and then Tom Holland (and that’s not even counting the multiple actors who voiced different versions of Spider-Man in Into the Spider-Verse).

But before Maguire established Peter Parker as a big screen presence, creating a legacy that would be carried on by Garfield and Holland, DiCaprio had talks with his Titanic director James Cameron about playing Parker in Cameron’s own version of Spider-Man. Of course, Cameron never got to make his Spider-Man, though he did later create his own on-going franchise with the Avatar films. As for DiCaprio, even without adding a superhero movie to his resume, the actor went on to become one of the great stars of recent history – some would argue he’s one of the last true movie stars – finally winning an Oscar for the 2015 adventure film The Revenant.

Lately however a rumor has been going around that DiCaprio is in talks to finally jump on the comic book bandwagon as Spider-Man, more specifically an alternate universe version of the character to be featured in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. As unlikely as this rumor may be, fan artist ApexForm has gone ahead and imagined what DiCaprio would look like in the Spidey suit alongside Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange, and Maguire and Holland as their own versions of Peter Parker. See the art in the space below:

This whole alternate universe Spider-Man concept is of course not merely a stretch of fan artists’ imaginations, but is set to become reality when Maguire and Garfield return to play Peter Parker alongside current Spidey Holland in the crazy-sounding Spider-Man: Homecoming 3. Multiverses do indeed appear to be the future of both the MCU and the DCEU, as The Flash is also set to bring in the concept with multiple versions of Batman. Whether casual movie fans ultimately embrace all this cross-universe insanity remains to be seen, but hardcore comic book fans certainly are familiar with the concept of multiverses and likely will have no trouble accepting seeing different actors playing the same character in one movie.

As for the specific rumor about DiCaprio playing Spider-Man, it seems wildly unlikely that such a thing would ever happen. Of course it’s a fun rumor to play with given that DiCaprio did once almost play the character, and in a sense it seems logical to throw him into the mix. But it’s also true that DiCaprio has built a great career without ever going down the franchise road, and it’s hard to see why he would feel the need to change that now. DiCaprio’s enduring star power was indeed proven in Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and with big directors like Tarantino, Martin Scorsese, Alejandro G. Iñárritu and others always eager to work with him, DiCaprio has no compelling reason to change course on superhero movies and sign on for Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness or any other comic book project.

Source

Kate Winslet & Leonardo DiCaprio: 5 Ways Their Onscreen Love Is Stronger On Revolutionary Road (5 Ways It's On Titanic)

Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio are famous for their big screen love stories - but was Titanic better than Revolutionary Road?

Kate-Winslet-and-Leonardo-DiCaprio-5-Way

When the movie Revolutionary Road came out in 2008, fans couldn't wait to see another Winslet-DiCaprio love story. Needless to say, Titanic was a huge hit back in the '90s and, to this day, it is still considered one of the most romantic stories ever told on film. And that's why comparisons between these two feature films, as far as this duo's love is concerned, are inevitable.

While these movies are very different in almost every aspect regarding the setup, time-frame, and plot between these characters, there's also a lot of similarities about their characters' personalities, dreams, and struggles. The 2008 movie makes viewers feel nostalgic about the classic that came out in 1997. Eleven years later, the actors reunited to play a second romantic plot. But even with their differences, is Rose and Jack's love (on Titanic) as strong as April and Frank's (on Revolutionary Road)? How do these compare to each other?

10/10  Revolutionary Road: It Is More Realistic

Let's face it: for as much as Titanic has won the hearts of thousands of fans, this love story takes place in very unusual circumstances, one where all the characters are crossing an ocean on a boat and everyone is completely out of their day-by-day real life. While it's surely a dreamy scenario for a passionate and intense romance, the set up on Revolutionary Road has more relatable circumstances.

9/10 Titanic: It Goes Against All Odds

Most viewers would argue that few movies can live up to the iconic Titanic. The majority of people would agree that this picture is a cultural landmark. The '90s wouldn't have been the same without it. As fans know, Jack and Rose started a romance and hid it from everyone because they knew that everything about it was against the status quo. Yet, there came a time when Rose defied her family and her supposed duties, in the name of love. But on Revolutionary Road, their relationship starts in a much more casual scenario and is free to simply blossom. There are fewer challenges to overcome and, therefore, it seems less romantic.

8/10 Revolutionary Road: Social Norms Are Less Impactful On Their Relationship

On Revolutionary Road, the 1950s married couple April and Frank are able to solidify their relationship over the years as a result of their choice to stay together. They got married, had two kids, and were about to plan a new adventure living in Europe. Even though there's a certain set of expectations of behaviors that their friends and family members wanted them to live up to, these are far less impactful than the ones Jack and Rose would have faced if they had had the chance to create their own family.

7/10 Titanic: One Dies For The Other To Live

Dying for someone else to live has got to be the ultimate proof of love. On Titanic, Jack helps Rose float on top of a door so that she doesn't have to be in the frozen water. He does so to his detriment to make sure that his beloved stays alive and safe. There's no question that this shows a heartbreaking reality of what a strong love can do and fans see Jack calmly surrendering to his fate. This might have been a doomed romance but it is one that people will never forget (and as singer Céline Dion would suggest, fans' hearts had to go on).

6/10 Revolutionary Road: A Husband And Wife

It's pretty obvious that going through a marriage and having a relationship for several years is very different from experiencing a short-lived romance while on a cruise. So, one could argue that by this fact alone, April and Frank have certainly had a stronger love story on Revolutionary Road. A husband and wife go through all the highest highs but also the lowest lows and, on Titanic, fans don't have enough time to see how Jack and Rose's relationship would have developed.

5/10 Titanic: It Had More Chemistry

Granted, on Titanic there's hardly anyone who would say that Jack and Rose didn't have crazy chemistry with one another. While this may not be a super relevant factor to weigh in on a strong love, it certainly adds up to viewers' infatuation watching these characters. If there's such a thing as "love at first sight", these two had it. Their attraction to each other inspired fans all over the world and it is clear that none of them can fight it. On the other hand, people don't see scenes of deep chemistry or intense desire between Frank and April, in Revolutionary Road

4/10 Revolutionary Road: The Characters Had More In Common

In one of Kate Winslet's most acclaimed roles, when she played April viewers got to see a more mature and older character than her previous role as Rose. The same thing happened with DiCaprio where Frank displayed a more responsible and less dreamy type of personality. While in Titanic they had stronger chemistry, in Revolutionary Road the audience can see that these two belong to the same world, social status and have common values. What is hinted on the first movie is that there are a lot of differences between the couple that would have, perhaps, caused major problems to make the relationship work.

3/10 Titanic: They Made Each Other Happier

No matter what, a meaningful partnership can be defined by whether or not a couple makes each other happy. Perhaps the Titanic's love relationship did have all it takes because, the truth is, Jack and Rose were constantly chasing one another. The same didn't happen on Revolutionary Road. At the end of the day, April couldn't feel happy with Frank (or with her life at all) even though she "looked" like she had everything working in her/their favor from a physical point of view. So this goes to prove that while it's important to have a balanced relationship, one that is empty of passion and common dreams is hardly ever going to last too.

2/10 Revolutionary Road: Their Struggles Are Less Dramatic

As Leo and Kate reunited for Revolutionary Road, audiences were very excited to see the story of a struggling married couple living in the suburbs in the 1950s. It is fair to say that this movie is the quintessential story of the mid-20th century American life and, by contrast with Titanic, these characters experience less dramatic contrasts. Titanic can be said to be a coming-of-age love story of two young people whose life circumstances just didn't blend well together, while Revolutionary Road is about a marriage that ends up becoming disappointing. Both characters Rose and April live similar internal struggles. Rose doesn't want to live by the social norms set by her mother, and April feels the same way about her husband Frank. They are both trapped in their own lives but Rose is certainly given fewer choices about her decisions.

1/10 Titanic: It Is A Tragedy That Separates Them, Not A Personal Choice

Ultimately, tragedy sets the fate of both relationships on Titanic and on Revolutionary Road. However, in the first movie this tragedy revolves around an external event that ruins any possibility of their story to continue to be written. In the second film, it is April who decides to end her life intentionally. So, could it be said that Titanic's romance is stronger even if no one gets to predict if this relationship would actually survive against all odds? One can only guess.

Source