Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Last night (October 31st) Leo took part in The National Italian American Foundation’s (NIAF) 45th Anniversary virtual Gala.

NIAF is the nation’s premier Italian American organization serving as a bridge between the United States and Italy. The organization helps to strengthen mutual understandings through governmental, economic and cultural ties.

The Foundation’s event honoured & thank Dr. Fauci for his extraordinary contribution to lifesaving health research and for his leadership during the COVID-19 pandemic. Dr. Anthony S. Fauci is the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. During the event he was presented with NIAF’s 2020 Leonardo da Vinci Award for Leadership in Health and Science live during the Gala.

Throughout the NIAF Gala evening there were special segments which included special appearances from “Friends of Fauci” which was made up of more than 40 celebrities. One of them being Leo who spoke about the amazing work that Dr. Fauci is doing/ has done especially during the Covid pandemic (which is posted above).

source

Leo is on 1:33:45

21 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

Did anyone here take part in Leo’s official chat room in 1999? Most of the time it was his friends or people from his production company or foundation who dropped in to chat, but Leo, himself, did chat with us a handful of times. I think they were just experimenting with the social media of the time. The chat room didn’t last long. I don’t think it even lasted a year. Knowing how little Leo interacts with social media now, it doesn’t surprise me that it was short lived. Is anyone here old enough to remember this or am I the most ancient one 😄

Nah, I didn't get that chance :sad:. That seemed pretty cool to chat with him:heart:!  I didn't have internet access until 2002.

Thanks ox, Lilja and Jade for the pics and video! That was a nice clip of Leo, and so handsome too :wub:

22 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

Did anyone here take part in Leo’s official chat room in 1999? Most of the time it was his friends or people from his production company or foundation who dropped in to chat, but Leo, himself, did chat with us a handful of times. I think they were just experimenting with the social media of the time. The chat room didn’t last long. I don’t think it even lasted a year. Knowing how little Leo interacts with social media now, it doesn’t surprise me that it was short lived. Is anyone here old enough to remember this or am I the most ancient one 😄

I had very limited access to the internet back then. If I remember correctly it was probably 10 hrs a month..... and I was sadly to pre-occupied with my obsession with the Backstreet Boys :(.

Liljak & Sugarwater

Tks for Gala clips :flower: :flower: 

Jade

Tks for HQ version of new casual photo :) 

To me he , also , looked tired and , yes , I wanted to mess/ loosen it up at top = we know he has said before he doesn’t like hair in his face , but , personally, I’ve never cared for the severe / almost patted down look he goes with at times 

Also did anyone else notice that the person who posted the new photo claimed that if you did the following you would have a chance to meet Leo & him ??

You didn’t have to live in LA , he said he would fly you out there 

D3240EEA-E374-4EE0-91FA-CD6F52869B16.jpeg

Lilja K

Thanks for the Gala video.

Jade

Leo used to have an official fan club. They used to send us things like pictures, VHS copies of Titanic, calendars, and we got access to exclusive information. One of those things were what everyone back then called "The Official Chats." The Leonardo Dicaprio official website would post the chat link in a password protected area of the website right at the time the chat was to start. You just kept having to refresh until the link to the chat popped up. Since the chat was hosted by the official website, we trusted that when Leo popped in, it was truly Leo. As I stated before, Leo only chatted a few times, usually the person hosting was someone very closely connected to him. Although when Leo wasn't there, a person with the screen name HLime would show up as someone from the official chat admin and we all were pretty sure it was Leo trying to go incognito. HLime stands for Harry Lime. Google him.  

As to what Leo talked about, it's been so long ago, I don't remember specifics. He usually asked US questions and talked about upcoming projects. He had just finished filming The Beach although it wasn't released yet and he was preparing for Gangs of New York. I remember asking him if his character in Gangs would have an accent and he said he didn't know yet. I also remember one of his friends, (I can't remember which friend), probably Alex, because he seemed to host the most, asked us if we would see Don's Plum if Leo asked us not to. This was when he was going through the lawsuit. A couple of people said if Leo didn't want us to see it then they wouldn't. However, the majority of us said, sorry Leo. If you're in it, then we would still see it. We were just being honest  😃.

^Thx for sharing those memories @Sugarwater Highly interesting!!! I don't think I ever heard before from this exclusive chat or maybe I did at some point and just forget about it. I think I knew about the official fan club, but yeah I was way too young back then, even I admire Leo since I'm 12 years old ☺️

About Don's Plum: When me and my friend met Leo in Berlin we were thinking about how we could get his attention. One of our ideas was to put him the DVD of Don's Plum (it's available in Europe) under his nose for signing :rofl: Well, we didn't do it because we had the feeling Leo wouldn't be amused at all and would have rather ignore us LOL

The 10 Best Movies Starring Leonardo DiCaprio (According To Metacritic)

From his earliest roles to his most recent, here are the best movies starring Leonardo DiCaprio according to scores on Metacritic.

leonardo-dicaprio-best-movies.jpg?q=50&f

One of the most famous and well-respected movie actors ever, Leonardo DiCaprio started out quite young in the business and, as this list will show, has been the subject of much praise from critics as well as a go-to choice for many of the modern era's greatest filmmakers.

With such a long career, fans can be left wondering which of DiCaprio's roles and performances are considered to be the best of the best. With this in mind, let's look at his 10 highest-scoring on review aggregate site Metacritic to try and paint a clearer picture of the highest points of his incredible career thus far. From his earliest roles to his most recent, here are the best movies starring Leonardo DiCaprio.

10/10 What's Eating Gilbert Grape (73)

Whats-Eating-Gilbert-Grape.jpg?q=50&fit=

DiCaprio received his first Oscar nomination for his supporting role in this small-town drama where he plays the developmentally disabled brother of Johnny Depp's titular grocery store clerk.

An early movie role for DiCaprio, it proved his commitment to his roles and gave him several great performances to bounce off of, not least from Darlene Cates as the brothers' mother.

9/10 Inception (74)

inception-5.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=37

Christopher Nolan's high-concept heist thriller sees DiCaprio lead a team of dream thieves who secretly slip into people's subconsciouses to steal their most valuable information.

A highly metacinematic movie, Inception's team has often been likened to a film crew, with DiCaprio making a rather dashing stand in for Nolan himself as the director of the project.

8/10 Titanic (75)

Titanic-jack-dawson.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=

Not only one of the most famous movies of DiCaprio's career but one of the most famous movies ever, James Cameron's romantic epic broke box office records and gave DiCaprio some of his most quotable lines.

Titanic also made history at the Oscars, tying for the titles of both most nominations and most wins with All About Eve and Ben-Hur, respectively. But its crowning achievement is mostly considered to be its placement as the highest-grossing movie ever made until Cameron himself topped the enormous box office haul with his sci-fi action-adventure, Avatar.

7/10 Catch Me If You Can (75)

catch-me-if-you-can.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=

DiCaprio plays real-life conman Frank Abagnale, and Tom Hanks the FBI agent working to catch him, in this energetic crime caper from director Steven Spielberg.

Though a hit at the box office as well as with critics, and nominated for two Oscars, Catch Me If You Can, rather surprisingly, remains the only movie between the star and the director.

6/10 The Wolf of Wall Street (75)

Leonardo-DiCaprio-in-The-Wolf-of-Wall-St

One of DiCaprio's most significant working relationships has been with the legendary director Martin Scorsese and several of their movies together feature on this list.

Their fifth movie proved to be one of their most successful, with DiCaprio taking on the role of real-life stock trader Jordan Belfort in this shameless recounting of his rise and fall as a symbol of Wall Street greed culture.

5/10 The Revenant (76)

revenant-trailer-leonardo-dicaprio.jpg?q

DiCaprio finally took home his first Oscar win for his lead performance in this brutal anti-Western from director Alejandro González Iñárritu, who took home the award for Best Director for the second year running that same night.

Adapted from Michael Punke's novel, the story follows DiCaprio's frontiersman as they seek revenge against Tom Hardy's unscrupulous fur trapper.

4/10 The Aviator (77)

Leonardo-DiCaprio-as-Howard-Hughes-in-Th

The second collaboration between DiCaprio and Scorsese was one of their most critically acclaimed and earned DiCaprio his second Oscar nomination after What's Eating Gilbert Grape?, this time for Best Actor.

Chronicling the early life of famed business tycoon/filmmaker Howard Hughes, The Aviator is a sprawling biopic that displays DiCaprio's full range as an actor as Hughes' mental state progressively deteriorates throughout his life.

3/10 Django Unchained (81)

Leonardo-DiCaprio-in-Django-Unchained.jp

One of DiCaprio's most iconic movies saw him take on a deeply villainous role as the slave owner Calvin Candie in Quentin Tarantino's Western with a Southern twist.

Infinitely meme-able, DiCaprio's performance relishes every opportunity for dastardly mustache-twiddling bad guy fun whilst still finding time to be genuinely frightening in parts.

2/10 Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (83)

Once-Upon-A-Time-In-Hollywood-Rick-Dalto

Reteaming with writer and director Quentin Tarantino for one of his most critically acclaimed movies ever, DiCaprio plays an aging Hollywood actor in this ode to a bygone era of filmmaking.

Whilst Brad Pitt often gets most of the attention for his Oscar-winning performance as the stuntman/driver/best friend of DiCaprio's character, DiCaprio himself delivers one of his greatest performances ever as the highly-strung star and was still an inspiration for a multitude of memes.

1/10 The Departed (85)

The-Departed-Gimme-Shelter.jpg?q=50&fit=

The third collaboration between DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese saw the pair remake the Hong Kong modern crime classic Infernal Affairs to even greater praise and Oscar-recognition than The Aviator.

DiCaprio plays an undercover cop that's successfully infiltrated the Irish mob in Boston, trying his best to stay alive while he attempts to find Matt Damon's traitorous mole within the police before he finds him.

Source

Always forgot about Jennifer Garner in "Catch me if you can". She and Leo had some sparkling chemistry no?

tumblr_mlffb99tBY1s60uolo1_500.thumb.png.7976ddf5034296aee3d4c4f3ec97b5cb.png w.jpg