Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

A Today show interview with Leo about playing Arnie in WEGG that I've never seen

Jade & LiljaK

Tks for latest IG post and pix :flower: :flower: 

LuckyGirl

As to Leo /school  = apparently the  mentioned school takes a limited number of students each year , and by Leo donating to the school's general fund,  that helped Harold's kids gain acceptance. That is not to say the kids didn't have the necessary requirements, but when you are only accepting  25 , it helped move them up to the accepted 25  

It is something that happens all the time be it a wealthy parent wanting to help get their son/daughter into Harvard or in this case a private school in California 

The schools never acknowledge the 'donation' was a  contributing factor to acceptance  , but all know it factors in the process

On 9/10/2020 at 9:49 AM, Jade Bahr said:

loves

The only film I haven’t seen of his is J Edgar. I didn’t like the look of the prosthetic ageing.

I only saw body of lies a few years ago and liked it more than I thought I would.

For the most part his film choices have always interested me although I wish he would do a few less period films/ biopics and instead do something more contemporary. That being said 2 of my fave Leo films are Wolf and Hollywood (ones a biopic and ones a period piece)

He defo always delivers!

LiljaK

Thank you for the fashion pics as well as the videos.

Jade Bahr

Cool comparison video of Leo and Howard.

Oxford25

That's a nice article with Harold. Thank you for sharing it. 

Thanks for the Muhammad Ali pic!

Also thanks for the young leo video. I've always enjoyed his interviews pre-Titanic. He was less guarded then.

Thanks for the Celebrity video. 

I agree with Akatosh. The only interesting scenes in Celebrith are Leo's.  I've think I've seen all of Leo's movies including The Foot Shooting Party.  Total Eclipse is worth a watch if you are a Leo fan. 

^Always liked her so much :heart: She seems always so loosed, warmly and beautiful (inside and out). Can't remember ever got a negative vibe of her. She's one of the few actors/actresses I watched movies just because she's in.

@kellybsblover I know Leos fans who are counting "Total Eclipse" to their favorite Leo movies/performances. Personally I would say his performance here is indeed one of his best. I can't put my finger on it but there is something in Leos perfomances when he was younger what he lost when he got older. Some kind of lightness, fearlessness... maybe it was the innocence of the youth we all lost at one point naturally.

I was very much surprised about "J. Edgar" I have to say. I thought it would be a dry biopic about an 'old' boring dude I don't care for a bit LOL But I loved the dynamic between Leo and Armie Hammer :wub: Leo really made this Hoover guy so human, I (almost) felt pity for him covering his desires all his life. The scene after his controlling mother died, standing in front of the mirror (in her dress) was just heartbreaking. And to be honest I never heard of the Lindbergh baby before. So most of the historic hints in the movie were pretty interesting to me. Beside from this the cast is just awesome: Next to Leo and Armie are Judi Dench, Naomi Watts, Ed Westwick, Josh Lucas, Adam Driver, Damon Harrimon (who played Charles Manson in OUATIH and Mindhunter) and the ever hot Dermot Mulroney (always had a soft spot for him 😏)...

tumblr_pkrcoqTPIt1x20wxqo4_540.gifv

tumblr_pkrcoqTPIt1x20wxqo5_540.gifv

Source

Kellybsblover

As to Celebrity and Total Eclipse , I wouldn't say either movie as a whole would be my favorite, but I very much liked Leo's performance in both

Brandon  appears half way through the film , and he is a  tornado of charismatic energy that sucks you toward him, and when his scenes are over,  a boring stillness sets in for the rest of the film

So is Rimbaud, his behavior can be , like Bandon's off putting at times, but , yet like Verlaine you are drawn like a moth to a flame to his charismatic presence 

Akatosh

Tks for Kate's interview /alert to her remarks about Leo :)

Liljak

Tks for Gatsby /fashion post,  I loved Leo's look in all of his Gatsby's outfits  :drool: 

14 hours ago, oxford25 said:

As to Celebrity and Total Eclipse , I wouldn't say either movie as a whole would be my favorite, but I very much liked Leo's performance in both

Brandon  appears half way through the film , and he is a  tornado of charismatic energy that sucks you toward him, and when his scenes are over,  a boring stillness sets in for the rest of the film

So is Rimbaud, his behavior can be , like Bandon's off putting at times, but , yet like Verlaine you are drawn like a moth to a flame to his charismatic presence

This is on point, girl. Couldn't agree more :thumbs_up: I think I have to re watch Total Eclipse tonight :D

Maybe a whole film about Brandon would have been a lot better. At least then I would have watch the whole thing and not only his part even if 90 minutes of Brandon would be a little exhausting :p

Best of Brandon Darrow

celebritygifset1.gif.26e426f34689827d1e22e513c8439703.gifcelebritygifset2.gif.86840508e29e85177a6b9249a0b29ca9.gif

celebritygifset3.gif.b58ddd61adf7c155501d9d08c7176b70.gifcelebritygifset4.gif.2e58a55dad37464421c9ec6ce37769ce.gif

celebritygifset5.gif.97ba69192e03f6391a6bdcd62734250d.gifcelebritygifset6.gif.f629ec3c69cc2c25006a11c314aafd96.gif

I love how the crowd had actually posters of Leo in the 1rst gif LOL This whole part was like fuck the heartthrob image aka leo mania :rofl: (even though I don't know when exactly this movie was shot - before or after Titanic?)

Thanks everyone for the latest posts! I'm listening to that interview again, and I've seen Celebrity once actually; I didn't realize how small Leo's part really at first because the poster had his image on there, the ads on tv at the time focused on him mainly.

Leo brings something unique to his performances and he has a way of locking you in :sleep: