Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Sugarwater

When you are walking around Pawhuska , have you seen many people out ???  

Are most things open or still closed due to pandemic ?

Have you had a chance to talk to anyone and ask if they are excited that filming will take place there ? 

Leonardo DiCaprio and Sting headline Oceana’s Virtual SeaChange Summer Party

13th annual event raises over $900,000 for ocean conservation

On Saturday, August 22, supporters tuned in for the first ever virtual SeaChange Summer Party to benefit Oceana, the world’s largest ocean conservation organization. The annual event, in its 13th year, is usually hosted in Laguna Beach, California, and went virtual this year in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Actors, activists, and Oceana Board of Directors members Ted Danson and Sam Waterston hosted the evening, which featured a special address from Leonardo DiCaprio and a musical performance by Sting of The Police’s 1980 hit song “Don’t Stand So Close To Me.” Miranda Cosgrove, Alexandra Cousteau, Angela Kinsey, Billy Magnussen, Austin Nichols, Oscar Nunez, Christina Ochoa, Sally Pressman, Sam Trammell, and Kate Walsh were also featured.

This year’s benefit focused on how protecting the world’s oceans and restoring abundance benefits both people and the planet.

“Our oceans sustain life. In times like these it’s worth dwelling on the power in that,” Waterston told attendees. “No matter how dire the situation may seem, we have to fight for our oceans because we have to win. And that’s just what Oceana is doing.”

More

Oxford

I enjoyed going and taking pictures.  Right now, I work half of the time from home and half of the time on site at a medical facitlity.  Taking a road trip was a great way (and a relief) to get out of the house. Also, not many people have a lot of knowledge of what Native Americans are like now, and I like to help bridge that understanding. Most people only have a Hollywood understanding and usually movies featuring Native Americans are historical and not modern. I enjoy sharing this information. 

17 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Sugarwater

When you are walking around Pawhuska , have you seen many people out ???  

Are most things open or still closed due to pandemic ?

Have you had a chance to talk to anyone and ask if they are excited that filming will take place there ? 

Yes, there were a lot of people walking around Pawhuska going about their usual Friday lives.  Most places there appeared to be open.  Everyone is exciited about the filming and disappointed that it has had to be postponed.  Here's a link to an old article that was put out regarding one of the casting calls that were held in Tulsa.  I thought about going to the casting call, but there were personal things going on in my life at the time that didn't really allow for it, plus my profession (clinical psychologist) is one where anonymity is much desired, especially in a small community and even being just an extra in a movie draws attention around here.

https://tulsaworld.com/entertainment/casting-call-for-scorsese-dicaprio-movie-killers-of-the-flower-moon-set-for-tulsa-okc/article_1cada27c-f33f-5947-9f6c-50619e381280.html

Jade

Tks for screenshot of Leo from OceanaSeaChange virtual event and article :) 

Also , tks , for IG about Leo /Howard Hughes, I recall him saying on Oprah how long he had been interested in doing a film about his life 

Sugarwater

Tks for replies to my questions :) 

I certainly hope the filming does happen early next year for the townspeople and us :) 

I do very much appreciate all the information you are sharing with us 

Also non related but the photo of Leo with arm in sling

Recently we were discussing the pix of Leo with a bandage on his forearm that happened in summer of 2013 , and I mentioned I recalled seeing pix of Leo at art event in Greenwich, Ct with his arm in sling,  and we never heard what was cause of that either 

Yesterday while looking at some old pix , I saw the picture of him with Ethan at the event 

2020-08-23 (2).png

3 hours ago, Sugarwater said:

I enjoyed going and taking pictures.  Right now, I work half of the time from home and half of the time on site at a medical facitlity.  Taking a road trip was a great way (and a relief) to get out of the house. Also, not many people have a lot of knowledge of what Native Americans are like now, and I like to help bridge that understanding. Most people only have a Hollywood understanding and usually movies featuring Native Americans are historical and not modern. I enjoy sharing this information. 

Thank you for all the info you shared! For me as person who's not the USA citizen and knows nothing about Native Americans except some cliche it's very interesting find out about Native Americans firsthand💛

JadeBahr thanks for article and backstory!

3 minutes ago, Lilja K said:

Thank you for all the info you shared! For me as person who's not the USA citizen and knows nothing about Native Americans except some cliche it's very interesting find out about Native Americans firsthand💛

JadeBahr thanks for article and backstory!

😊

Here are a couple more videos.