Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Very complimentary words from Sony Chairman about Leo

Leonardo DiCaprio & Jennifer Davisson’s Appian Way Sets First Look Film Deal At Sony

Appian Way Productions’ Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson have set the production company into a multi-picture, multi-year first look deal with Sony Pictures Entertainment to produce scripted feature films. The companies are already in development on two projects and the deal comes off DiCaprio’s turn in the Quentin Tarantino-directed Best Picture nominee Once Upon A Time…In Hollywood.

Deal follows one that Appian Way made at Apple for TV projects and documentaries

Said Sony Pictures Motion Picture Group Chairman Tom Rothman: “I first met the supernova talented Leonardo DiCaprio over 24 years ago on Romeo and Juliet. We then shipped out together on the Titanic and my admiration for him as a fully-rounded filmmaking genius has only increased over the many years since. His producing and acting instincts — superbly supported by Jennifer — are both driven by service to the best material in the world. At Sony, we feel like we just landed a rare GOAT deal — as Michael Jordan and Tom Brady are to basketball and football, so is Leo to film.”

Said DiCaprio: “For over three decades in the business, Tom has never adhered to the traditional Hollywood norms. Never once taking the safe route, he truly values filmmakers and their vision and is extremely supportive of the theatre-going experience. I could not be more excited to enter into a new phase of partnerships with Sony.

Appian Way’s last deal had been at Warner Bros. He won the Best Actor Oscar for The Revenant, and has been nominated six other times, the last being Sony and Tarantino’s love letter to Hollywood, Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood. Appian Way productions include The Revenant, and the Martin Scorsese-directed The Wolf of Wall Street, The Aviator, and Shutter Island.

Thanks everyone for the news on Killers of the Flower Moon, Appian Way deal with Apple, pix some of which are new to me and the Japanese interview videos. They're amazing to watch!

BarbieErin, haha, Leo's mood for 2020 so far is so accurate!! 😂

Sugarwater, welcome back! Hope you'll be able to catch some of the filming once it starts next year. Must be amazing to see the production first hand. Thank you for sharing a behind the scenes of Revolutionary Road. So cool you got to see them filming. How much of the filming have you seen?

On 8/12/2020 at 5:01 PM, Sugarwater said:

Since we are having to wait so long for this movie, I thought I’d ask if y’all are interested in learning more about the tribes and tribal lands here in Oklahoma while we patiently wait.

Yes I would love to! Thank you for sharing.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:14 PM, oxford25 said:

In my view the ONLY element they need to have is a large involvement  of the local Osage area Indian groups in casting of major & minor  roles = their involvement is the one element that is required  to be true to real events 

On 8/7/2020 at 6:08 PM, Sugarwater said:

Osage Nation is unique in that you have mansions (or what was considered a mansion back then) sitting in the middle of the Tall Grass Prairie and among buffalo herds. The architecture is unique as well. Hard to find anywhere else, but perhaps not completely impossible.

Oxford and Sugarwater, have to agree with both of you here. To me, seems like a combination of those two factors. Also, perhaps they want as much of the actual filming to take place in that area out of respect to the Osage and the history of it's area. I'm already looking forward to seeing (hopefully this) area in the film, expecting amazing shots like I had in my head whilst reading the book! REALLY curious about the rest of the casting. Who's going to be cast as Molly and who's going to be the FBI agent (forget his name)? How much will we see of Molly? It's going to be a long long wait till we can see the movie, but I feel it's absolutely going to be worth it!

On 8/9/2020 at 11:25 AM, Jade Bahr said:

The bananas in glorious HQ :rofl:🍌 Is that some spit on his lower lip/chin??? lmao

b1a67877ff27a7545efe0f93afd7f5dbc4cf23dd

Source

Wait, what?! Looks like it, I had never noticed this before haha! Need to pull out LaChapelle's photobook which contains this photo to see if it's not edited by someone later on.

On 8/9/2020 at 11:41 AM, Lilja K said:

This T-shirt is my fave💖

Thanks for the fashion posts. Love this T-shirt as well! Just wore it again today. Even got into a conversation about it with my GP last year as she liked it as well. Until we're both like wait, that's not what I came in for 😂

More pix from Malibu a few days ago. Looks like besides Cami and her mom and Normandie and a friend, Leo's longtime friend Ethan Suplee was there as well. Saw one with one of their dogs, Sally, as well but forgot where.

aflo_142212715.jpg aflo_142212722.jpg aflo_142212721.jpg aflo_142212748.jpg aflo_142212742.jpg aflo_142212738.jpg aflo_142212734.jpg

Oxford, thanks for news about Appian Way deal with Sony. Wow, congratulations to Leo, Jennifer and Appian Way! A deal with Apple and now with Sony. Very complimentary words about Leo from Sony chairman indeed! ♥️

my admiration for him as a fully-rounded filmmaking genius has only increased over the many years

18 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Having read book there should be a lot of scenes between Ernest & Molly

Tom White is FBI man 

Ah yes, Tom White, thanks Oxford. Yes, Molly plays a big part in the book. Hope the screenplay will stay true to that!

Sunflowers86

Yes , I noticed Ethan in one of the earlier pix 

Infact in the  earlier photo of Lucila with Normandie & the other little girl , I wondered if she might be Ethan’s daughter that we saw pix of paddle boarding with Leo’s years ago 

I wonder who the 3rd man with Ethan & Leo is in top photo you posted 

21 minutes ago, Lilja K said:

I need those pants😁

21 minutes ago, Lilja K said:

I need those pants😁

The blue Cotton Citizen joggers price out at over $100...save yourself some dinero At Amazon with these.

Vibes Men's Fleece Tiedye Printed Jogger Sweatpants Elastic Waist & Cuff https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MZB9E2S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_VgJnFb00GNM0N

On 8/12/2020 at 4:40 PM, oxford25 said:

LuckyGirl

Yes , that is the character Leo will play Ernest Burkhardt 

They don’t state their ages , but Ernest is married to Molly whose Indian family became quite wealthy with discovery of oil on the land the US govt gave the tribe when they relocated them to Oklahoma 

They have children : Elisabeth & James ( nickname Cowboy ) 

I would speculate when the main action takes place they are between 35-45 

Ernest is a major character to the story

Plus Ernest has a younger Bryan brother who is , also, part of the story 

Wow seems really interesting 

really looking forward to this movie to start shooting 

thanks🙏

Some  new pix of Leo driving around LA

2020-08-14 (2).png

LuckyGirl

A "first look' deal with Sony,  means that if Leo reads a script that he really want to bring to the big screen and star in , he has to give Sony  first choice to be the studio that brings it to the big screen. :)