Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Well , we finally have our answer as to when Killers of Flower Moon is due to start filming 

Scorsese is known to take a year to edit films,  so if it doesn't complete to April 2021 , it probably won't be released to  fall 2022  

Martin Scorsese’s Killers of the Flower Moon to Begin Production in February 2021

Right before the coronavirus hit in America, Martin Scorsese and crew were planning to kick off their $200 million production of Killers of the Flower Moon in Oklahoma. Led by Robert De Niro and Leonardo DiCaprio, the adaptation of Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann, scripted by Eric Roth, was of course halted

. We finally received news this week that the crew was now exploring the necessary safety protocols to safely kick production off, though no timetable was given.

An update has now arrived that a shoot is planning to get underway beginning in February 2021, nearly a year after the original intended date.

This report comes from Osage News and Principal Chief Geoffrey Standing Bear. “My latest information is that they would start filming, subject to Coronavirus, February 2021. And, they will be here for about 16 weeks. They’re going to start moving in here quietly, I’m not helping that very much, but quietly around November and December. So, they’re coming.”

If all goes according to plan, a four-month production would mean the shoot would wrap in mid-2021 and we likely wouldn’t see the film until late 2022 at the earliest as Scorsese and editor Thelma Schoonmaker tend to have fairly extensive editing

periods.https://thefilmstage.com/martin-scorseses-killers-of-the-flower-moon-to-begin-production-in-february-2021/

Thanks for the article Oxford. I was wondering if they were going to have to wait until next year. Based on the book, there would be a lot of outdoor shots. The Tall Grass Prairie area of OK looks a lot different in late winter/early spring than it does in other times of year.

Sugarwater

Yes , I read the book as well which is why I stated in earlier board discussions  it would be ideal to film in area where the actual events took place  , but  outdoor scenes / indoor scenes etc could really be filmed in  locales with similar outdoor terrain and sets could be built for indoor home & ranch house scenes / jail / courthouse scenes . It is like when they filmed Revenant in Canada and not in the US where the actual event took place,  Innaritu just had to find similar outdoor terrain for the outdoor scenes 

And as you say what the outdoor areas may have looked like in summer May - August when they were due to start filming would not be same as terrain in  February 

In my view the ONLY element they need to have is a large involvement  of the local Osage area Indian groups in casting of major & minor  roles = their involvement is the one element that is required  to be true to real events 

Personally , I may be wrong , but I’m leaning more toward the filming not starting to the original time frame May-August , as with Scorsese taking a year to edit , starting filming Feb 2021 or May 2021  this type film won't be released to fall 2022 /Jan 2023 for award consideration 

They had a couple of big casting calls for Native Americans here in Oklahoma back in November. They were set to start filming in March, but obviously, that didn’t happen.  Osage Nation is unique in that you have mansions (or what was considered a mansion back then) sitting in the middle of the Tall Grass Prairie and among buffalo herds. The architecture is unique as well. Hard to find anywhere else, but perhaps not completely impossible.

Sugarwater

Yes, can well understand the desire to have the terrain as close to possible of real settings,  but , to me ,  the casting element is the most essential to be true to real story 

Gosh, you were able to see RR filming ? Lucky you !!!  Great photo of my fave duo , thanks , for sharing :) 

I so hope when Killers filming does happen, you can see it filming as well and share with us 

Barbie

I think I've seen that photo before, but a great photo like that deserves multiple postings :) 

18 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Personally , I may be wrong , but I’m leaning more toward the filming not starting to the original time frame May-August , as with Scorsese taking a year to edit , starting filming Feb 2021 or May 2021  this type film won't be released to fall 2022 /Jan 2023 for award consideration 

HoarseWellgroomedBoilweevil-small.gif

I'm fine.

giphy.gif

Just waiting. Like always. For Leo.

source.gif

But yeah. It will be worth it. Like always.

giphy.gif

Here's a interview with Leos uncle Ulrich from 2016. You can see in the video that he has the DiCaprio eyes 😊

In this interview he is saying he's proud of Leo and that Leo was very happy he won his oscar. His relationship with Leo is like a father and a friend. Ulrich has shown him the city Osnabrück (where he lives). He was also on set of Inception for two months.

der-osnabruecker-ulrich-indenbirken-ist-der-onkel_201603071311_full.jpg der-osnabruecker-ulrich-indenbirken-ist-der-onkel_201603071311_full_1.jpg

Some Titanic trivia I didn't know until yet (I'm thirsty about that kind of stuff. I don't think there is another movie with more parallels and little background stories than Titanic - one of the reasons I think this movie is highly underrated).

47cbb2707569a6b5fb9e808f766bd2d4ba511827

b83d494ea4c41a46e90cc02e4bdf66ffe26006cd

18340615db822bd8653ece479167d9e15819fe51

Fang Lang appears as a possible cameo in Titanic (1997), portrayed by Van Ling. He appears in some third-class scenes. During the sinking, Fang Lang, Jack, Rose, Fabrizio, Tommy and some third-class passengers broke one of the gates so they could go to the upper deck. He still remains on the ship until the end, but survived because he climbed onto a door and waited until 5th Officer Lowe pulled him into Lifeboat 14. (Titanic Wiki | Fandom)

Lang was one of the only eight Chinese passengers aboard the Titanic. Out of the eight, six survived, five boarding lifeboats, and Lang being rescued from the water when Lowe went back to look for survivors. Since all were third class and likely had limited English, the odds were already stacked against them. However, not knowing English combined with their skills as sailors might have actually given them the advantage, as they were quick to evacuate when the stewards were telling third class to stay in their rooms. 

After Lang was rescued from the freezing cold water (which was featured in one of the deleted scenes from the movie), he tirelessly rowed till they were picked up by the Carpathia. He was praised for his effort and bravery that night. Unfortunately, even after everything, the six arrived in the US only to be deported due to the Chinese Exclusion Act, which prohibited Chinese people from working in the country. However, Lang was eventually able to return to the US.

They were also disgraced in their own country for surviving when so many had died. Part of this may have been the fault of J. Bruce Ismay, who ended up in a lifeboat with four of these men. In an attempt to save his reputation of being labelled a coward, he said these men had snuck in and were hiding inbetween the seats. Yet, records show that there was a guard for that boat, preventing people from sneaking in, and squatting in that fashion was actually common practice for Chinese workers. They likely were allowed free access to that boat.

Documentary filmmaker Arthur Jones created the film “The Six” [released in 2020], finally clearing up any misconceptions about the surviving Chinese passengers, whose names had been sullied for over a century. (Nuala Gathercole Lam- Sixth Tone)

Source

Pretty interesting documentary (especially the lifeboat test and how the movie affected the lifes from relatives of the victims - not only in a positive way):

You can stream it on disney+ too ....