Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

15 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

^That she had to touch him first before he touches her. She has to make "the first step" if you want so (and not only in a sexual context). It's about respecting her and her religion. In another scene in the movie she isn't even allowed to shake his hand in front of others.

Aha thanks for the explaining 😚

I have to say I liked the changes that they did in the movie. I think having a relationship between him and a muslim girl that is forbidden ( muslim girls cannot marry non muslim men ) is something we don’t see depicted in movies. I think that’s why he said that to her because he doesn’t want to disrespect her religion so afterwards she said ( so I’m gonna wait forever) meaning nothing will ever happen between them ( marriage etc) 

I also loved Leo and Brad together. Hope they will team up again.

And yes Leo's best scenes are mostly with his female costars.

I just found the Forumala E documentary "And we go green" which Leo produced. He is also in it several times.

When do you think the shooting for Killers of the flower moon will start? I can't wait for another Leo movie. But Marty always takes sooo long... I hope Leo will shoot another movie directly after KOTFM. So we will have another year with two leo movies.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood came out last year but it feels so much longer ago. Don't know why.

Hi akatosh :wave:! Thanks for the documentary vid!

Thanks Jade for that additional info regarding the book! However, I did enjoy the chemistry the two had in the film. It wasn't the typical 'jump in bed' type of situation.

Thanks Jade, ox and Barbie for the posts! Leo was really freezing in that clip!  

I can't help but look at his beautiful face:happy:

Akatosh

Tks for Go Green docu :) 

Barbie

The scene where they come home and see Sharon & Roman for first time, then they walk to Rick's door,  Cliff asks for his sunglasses back, and then the 2  men end with them discussing what time Rick is supposed to be ready for pickup the next morning 

Also, tks, for cute stills from that interview , adorable for sure :heart:

3 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Barbie

The scene where they come home and see Sharon & Roman for first time, then they walk to Rick's door,  Cliff asks for his sunglasses back, and then the 2  men end with them discussing what time Rick is supposed to be ready for pickup the next morning 

Now I remember, thanks. 

Speaking of deleted scenes, anyone here wishing Baz didn't delete this scene?

tumblr_mysv3wkR6b1r1oloro5_250.gifv tumblr_mysv3wkR6b1r1oloro1_r1_250.gifv

tumblr_mysv3wkR6b1r1oloro6_r1_250.gifv tumblr_mysv3wkR6b1r1oloro2_r1_250.gifv

Most of the time I got the feeling Gatsby was blind for the shallowness of Daisy but in this scene it becomes very clear he is many things but not blind. It's astounding how this short scene explains the whole dilemma of Gatsby and Daisy, great played by Leo. The last gif is just heartbreaking :cry:

I think his perfomance in this movie is criminally underrated.

Bonus:

1146563276_thesweater.gif.88398df5707187abd5326971ccfa320c.gif

:baronfaint:

2 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Most of the time I got the feeling Gatsby was blind for the shallowness of Daisy but in this scene it becomes very clear he is many things but not blind. It's astounding how this short scene explains the whole dilemma of Gatsby and Daisy, great played by Leo. The last gif is just heartbreaking :cry:

Bonus:

1146563276_thesweater.gif.88398df5707187abd5326971ccfa320c.gif

:baronfaint:

Oh yes this scene was really heartbreaking. I also liked the alternate ending where Gatsby's father showed up.

The only thing I don't like about the Great Gatsby is the casting of Daisy. I don't know why but she seems kind of not emotional enough. I don't know how to describe it. Or is her character meant to be so distant? Normally Leo has such good chemistry with his female costars but with her there's something missing.

4 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Completely agree Jade. And poor Gatsby.  

Jade

Yes, I would have loved to have seen that scene as well 

I , also, loved Leo's performance as Gatsby 

I think the fact that Gatsby worked so hard to attain the various trappings of great wealth showed that he knew all along that Daisy may have loved him when he was a poor soldier,  but in the long run  , if they married,  she would not be happy to give up the 'style' of life she had always had.