Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

20 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Jade

As Barbie knows weeks ago I was aware of Leo's role change, and at the time I told her , I was a fan of switch of  roles :thumbsup: 

Yes, the  person Leo would be playing is a real  person in this true story of the  investigation of the numerous Osage murders after the tribe  became quite wealthy due to oil finds on their land 

What switch of roles?i haven’t read any articles regarding the film nor have I read the book 

canyou please tell me he switched from playing who to who ? Is he playing Jedgar again ?

^Leo isn't playing the FBI agent Tom White anymore (nor J Edgar LOL) He is now playing the nephew from De Niros character called Ernest Burkhart who is torned between the love/loyalty to his uncle and its cruel actions against this indian tribe because of those oil finds on their land.

Sounds more interesting to tell the story than the old good guy bad guy story.

LuckyGirl

Leo is playing Ernest Burkhardt , who is married to an Osage woman named Mollie. Her family is one of the the families impacted by the Osage murders that Tom White and his group of undercover agents have come to Pawhuska to solve after all others have failed. 

In real life Ernest and Mollie had children  ,  whether they will or not in the film we'll have to wait and see 

Also appearance wise  Ernest  had  sandy/dirty  blonde hair , so  Leo's hair will probably be lighter than it was for Rick Dalton

Tom White is an FBI man , who during the investigations has meetings with J Edgar  

Jade

Yes, Tom White and his  group of undercover agents will definitely be a big part of the movie ,  as up to their arrival on the scene , others had been sent in to try to solve these ongoing murders , but none had been successful.   White was brought in because of his reputation for using methods /etc that were advanced for that time to try to solve these murders 

Based on what had happened previously to others  ,  White well knew that not only might he not be able to solve the murders ,  he may not come out of it  with his life 

One should think of the film like a Sherlock Holmes mystery where , like Tom White, you are trying to solve who is responsible for this string of Osage murders before you find yourself added to the dead list 

Along the way you will be  meeting  all the  various people connected to the murder victims which is how you come to meet Ernest  (Leo) and Mollie Burkhardt

As to what actor will play White , physically he was a tall imposing figure . Think of a Sam Elliot type looking actor . Whoever Marty selects he will have many powerful scenes with the lead actors , so I’m anxious to see who will play the part :) 

Lastly, like all murder mysteries,  there are unfortunately some on the internet who love to 'spoil'  movies ,  so I would advise all who don't want to 'spoiled' to careful what you read :) 

Killers of Flower Moon casting

As I stated yesterday, I'm certainly looking forward to the casting of the 3rd major role FBI man Tom White 

At same time I wanted to mention that besides looking forward to casting of  Ernest's (Leo) wife Mollie

Also Ernest has two brothers ( Bryan and Horace) , but it is Bryan who has more of a major role in the story 

Jade

Yes , I'm definitely looking forward to casting news and , most of all, when the actual filming will begin :thumbsup:

Jade

Tks for the IG post , I have never seen some of those stills :)

Barbie

Tks for Taiwan / Once interviews :) 

I always like any movie promo interview that is not the same questions & replies as all the ones before 

Thanks Jade Bahr and Oxforf25 for the clarification this news really made me happy 😃

although I haven’t read the book nor read any articles about it I think the swicth cause it sounds more interesting and as we know leo in terms of acting he likes more challenging roles so I think to play Ernest sounds more interesting ad challenging 

even though I love Eastwood’s J.edgar but I had mixed feelings about leo playing him for the second time i was happy because i loved his portrayal of him but at the same time I want to see in new roles 

either way I trust his choices 👌

^Always thought I'm the only person who liked J. Edgar :D

But I also LOVE Body of Lies. I think Roger Ferris is hella underrated; just love everything about him/giving a sh!t what other thinks/fighting for what he believes in/questioning every stupid order from his boss/risking his life for the woman he loves etc :heart:

tumblr_lpy4svhfUD1r1ai4ro1_540.thumb.png.58447a437b182dfa1114ebbccae9b37e.png

3 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

^Always thought I'm the only person who liked J. Edgar :D

But I also LOVE Body of Lies. I think Roger Ferris is hella underrated; just love everything about him/giving a sh!t what other thinks/fighting for what he believes in/questioning every stupid order from his boss/risking his life for the woman he loves etc :heart:

tumblr_lpy4svhfUD1r1ai4ro1_540.thumb.png.58447a437b182dfa1114ebbccae9b37e.png

Well I thought I was the only one who liked Body of Lies haha! It is one of my most watched Leo movies ever. I just love the story and all the actors are amazing in it.

Great message from Leo for Black Lives Matter.

Jade

Thanks for Leo’s IG post 👍

As to BOL , I liked it ,  but it  wouldn’t be in my top 10 

One aspect of it I have liked is seeing his continued friendship with Oscar Isaac even though Issac‘s  part was relatively small