Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

On 3/5/2020 at 8:02 AM, LuckyGirl said:

I know this is what i love about staying up at night and check new websites so I may find new /old leo material 😁 and I’m sure this wasn’t the first time i saw him cracks his knuckles but i can’t remember when i saw him do that 

Maybe I've seen him do that in older interviews, can't remember, just really stood out to me this time :) Same about checking new/old material, having been a Leo fan for so long thinking I must have read it all haha 😁

Thanks Oxford for pix of Leo at Biden fundraiser.

Interesting interview after The Revenant that is new to me. Especially loved reading about his parents and his favorite sound :)  https://www.buro247.sg/culture/insiders/interview-with-leonardo-dicaprio-the-revenant.html

Do you have those special father-and-son stories with your dad? Does he influence your life in any way now?
My dad has always been so incredibly influential not only in my career, but as a person to follow. When I was in a public school some of my greatest education was just sitting down listening to my father. He's one of the most well read and knowledgeable people I have ever met. He's always steered me as a young man to focus on certain films and certain characters that have historical relevance. I am really grateful to him for steering me towards non-obvious sort of characters and certain risks like playing Arthur Rimbaud at 17 years old (in Total Eclipse). Now we are partnering in all kinds of environmental endeavors together.

And what about dad-and-son rituals? Do you have any?
The one that I remember the most was going to the wishing well in Chinatown when I was miserable about going back to school every summer — that was the ritual for 10 years.   

You mentioned the great influence your dad has in your life, but what about your mother? What kind of relationship do you have with her? 
My mother is like a fine wine in the sense that she becomes more blatantly honest as she gets older, and it's very German. I will not say on record that she is reminding me of my grandmother because she doesn't want to hear that. But my God, as she's going into retirement right now she is absolutely, unbelievably, relentlessly honest in every scenario and it's becoming a badge of courage for her, some sort of bit of pride for her to be able to tell people exactly what the hell she thinks. And it puts me into a lot of situations where I have to explain afterwards what she truly means, but I have got to tell you, it's entertaining, but yeah sometimes I need to quell her honesty.   

Do you need silence from time to time? And what sounds are your favorite? 

(...) ...the sound of the forest, really.

5 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Some Leo LA  club sightings from last night    

Leo was at Dave Brown’s 50th birthday celebration at Sunset Room 

Pal Jamie Foxx was , also , there

2020-03-07 (2).png

ESgTG5dUcAE-TiQ.jpg

Leonardo DiCaprio was in the club w/ us tonight ! On the stage ! Giggin to Da Baby !!!

That's why I always say, Leo's "disguise" doesn't work, the more he covers himself the more people know it's him, lol. It's like: look the man with a cap and a hood over it, it's Leo.   :laugh:  Someone please burn his sweaters with hoodies, if I was his GF I would, lmao.    :rofl:

Thanks BarbieErin, Jade Bahr and Oxford for another cool comic book cover, Once poster and LA sighting and pix!

19 hours ago, BarbieErin said:

That's why I always say, Leo's "disguise" doesn't work, the more he covers himself the more people know it's him, lol. It's like: look the man with a cap and a hood over it, it's Leo.   :laugh:  Someone please burn his sweaters with hoodies, if I was his GF I would, lmao.    :rofl:

I agree. He's obviously recognisable without any disguise, but his hoody-and-cap "disguise" has become like a second skin so he's very easy to recognise either way. It must be incredibly frustrating his disguise isn't working! Perhaps it's often more a sort of psychological protection/comforting thing and/or not giving the paps the pleasure of having a good photo of him? 🤔  Though I wouldn't mind to see him ditching his "disguise" and let us see his gorgeous face 😍 I'd let him keep his hoodies, as long as he doesn't pull up the hood especially in combination with a cap 😄

Interview with Dutch former pro road cyclist Thomas Dekker in Volkskrant newspaper a month ago, mentioning Leo a few times as Thomas was dating art dealer and film producer Nathalie Marciano for about four years and talks a little about that time. https://www.volkskrant.nl/mensen/een-jetsetleven-in-hollywood-na-een-gesjeesde-wielercarriere-het-was-misschien-nog-extremer~b514b354/

Who's joining me for a game of 'Who am I' at Leo's tonight? 🙋‍♀️😄

Not long ago, former cyclist Thomas Dekker (35) from the Geministraat in Dirkshorn (North Holland) played "Who am I?" with Leonardo DiCaprio in Beverly Hills every Sunday evening. "That is a little game where you get a sticker on your forehead with a name and you have to guess who it is." Neighbour Al Pacino joined them too sometimes as well as singers Bruno Mars and Ricky Martin. Dekker only names their names after some insistence. "It's not about those people, their names aren't interesting. It was special to live there, but not because of those people. "In a restaurant in Amsterdam, his new home, he will come back to it extensively later.

"I had no idea what to do. I went to LA and ended up in a different life for four and a half years. It was perhaps even more extreme than my life as a cyclist."
What did that life look like?

"Beverly Hills, in such a big and beautiful house that you always see in the movies. Many vacations, many trips around the world, to art fairs too. Nathalie deals in art, contemporary art. She went to all the major fairs in the world and I went with her.

We often had actors around us, for example Leonardo DiCaprio. He's in a relationship with the daughter of Nathalie's best friend and he is also an art collector. We went on holiday together and we played games together. It's just a small world. They all live five minutes apart. Every Sunday evening Leo sat at our house with a piece of paper on his forehead playing "Who am I?". Now that sounds like a unique experience, but I didn't think about it. It just happened, it happened to me."

1 hour ago, sUNFLOWER86 said:

Interview with Dutch former pro road cyclist Thomas Dekker in Volkskrant newspaper a month ago, mentioning Leo a few times as Thomas was dating art dealer and film producer Nathalie Marciano for about four years and talks a little about that time. https://www.volkskrant.nl/mensen/een-jetsetleven-in-hollywood-na-een-gesjeesde-wielercarriere-het-was-misschien-nog-extremer~b514b354/

Who's joining me for a game of 'Who am I' at Leo's tonight? 🙋‍♀️😄

Now I'am curious to know who Leo was dating at that time? Someone have an idea? 

Edited by BarbieErin