Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

5 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

That Legion Media link does not work

egion Media has more pix from last night.   We know from Judah's insta story that last night was Pulp Fiction costume night at Goal , and you can see  from pix below there was a large of people there,  as I noticed in crowd Lukas' hat

http://legion-media.ru/index.pgi

Barbie 

The classic movie video  you posted was another 'worth see' from Joshua Horowitz.   👍

His interview questions are the vids I see most reposted a IG and Twitter,  as he is not asking them the same set of questions they've been asked over and over since Cannes 

In new Deadline article,  Tarantino talks about what he ADDED to the film versus the Cannes cut

DEADLINE: What did you change from the cut you premiered at Cannes and the finished film?

QUENTIN TARANTINO: Time-wise it amounts to two minutes. I was very happy with the Cannes cut. There is such a thing as taking yes for an answer. One of the things I wanted to do, though, was risk cutting the movie too tight for time. Everyone always goes to Cannes a little bit lumpy. That’s almost like the consistent line in every review. Well, OK, this needs a little trimming. So I thought, let me make it real tight. Even when we finally looked at the final mix just before we were going to get the print made, I cut out two little scenes. My magnificent post-production supervisor, Tina Anderson, did that. I just wanted a tight movie. So the only thing I actually put back basically, I extended a slight little bit of a scene with Sharon Tate, when she picks up a hitchhiker. Then the scene where James Stacy [Timothy Olyphant] talks to Rick [Dalton, DiCaprio’s character] and you suddenly see Rick in The Great Escape, and what would have happened if he was in that movie.

In this part he talks about discussing and creating the Rick Dalton character with Leo

When you have a cast this strong, like DiCaprio, Pitt and Robbie, how often do they challenge you to where a thorough mythology helps their performances?

TARANTINO: In the case of Leo…this is not exactly a conversation we had, but it was an exchange of ideas to the effect of…well yes, Quentin, you can say chapter and verse about who this guy was as far his career went, and his experiences, but I have to have something act-able to play. I can’t play what you’re telling me. That’s good backstory and that tells me who the guy is but who am I now and how am I doing? I have to have something act-able. What’s going on with this guy now? We discovered some very interesting things together. One was, we never based it on one guy in particular but I would talk about a George Maharis, or an Edd Byrne, or a Pete Duel. And from talking about it I would see something that Leo would respond to. Oh, that’s an interesting character thing. I like that. That’s interesting. So then we would make a decision, to add that character trait to his character. It’s like putting on Christmas bulbs on a Christmas tree. So we’re not just…again, it’s talking about these guys but then from time to time that’s an act-able thing. That’s something as an actor I can commit to and that gives me a character. It brings nuance and depth.

Has some nice comments posted

Barbie

The Deadline article I read yesterday mentioned Once would be shown, but it doesn't state that Leo and others would be attending the event,  as in the past I remember  a   Leo/Scorsese film being presented at an Italian film festival ,  and he didn't attend :idk: 

https://deadline.com/2019/07/locarno-film-festival-lineup-quentin-tarantino-once-upon-time-hollywood-joseph-gordon-levitt-7500-1202647577/

1 hour ago, oxford25 said:

Has some nice comments posted

Barbie

The Deadline article I read yesterday mentioned Once would be shown, but it doesn't state that Leo and others would be attending the event,  as in the past I remember  a   Leo/Scorsese film being presented at an Italian film festival ,  and he didn't attend :idk: 

https://deadline.com/2019/07/locarno-film-festival-lineup-quentin-tarantino-once-upon-time-hollywood-joseph-gordon-levitt-7500-1202647577/

Ah ok, maybe they won't go indeed. Let's see.  Thanks for the info. 

Barbie

What a surprise Leo posted a Once clip for fans , thanks :) 

I remember reading that  his character Rick had a stutter 

As to Locarno , I don’t think Leo has ever done a premiere in Switzerland has he ???

It would be great for his fans there if he did attend 👍 

The same clip above was posted on youtube. 

Also, Tarantino said he wrote some episodes for a Bounty Law series, he said he imagine Leo wouldn't do it, but IF he wanted to do it... that would be great. I think it would be super cool if Leo did this for TV, but I also doubt. 

On 7/18/2019 at 12:24 AM, oxford25 said:

The classic movie video  you posted was another 'worth see' from Joshua Horowitz.   👍

His interview questions are the vids I see most reposted a IG and Twitter,  as he is not asking them the same set of questions they've been asked over and over since Cannes 

Those clips are by far the most clicked at the mtv insta account. Wondering if they ever post the full interview?

In this article they say the cast isn't coming to switzerland only Tarantino (maybe) :idk:

https://www.watson.ch/schweiz/leben/625410640-filmfestival-locarno-mit-game-of-thrones-stars-und-eventuell-tarantino

One question: Is Rick stuttering? Edit: Ok, ox noticed it already. Interesting. So that was his meltdown about in the 2nd trailer. I thought he just forgot his lines LOL

In this interview with the head of Sony ,  he gives a different take on what has been added since Cannes

At least now I know to stay around after the ending credits are shown ! 

Jason Guerrasio: As far as I know, "Once Upon a Time… in Hollywood" has the same run time as what was shown at the Cannes Film Festival, but has he tinkered with the edit at all?

Tom Rothman: Tiny tinkering. There's an end credit sequence now. That wasn't in Cannes. So stick around after the credits. And there's one tiny section added, a visual-effects sequence that wasn't finished in time for Cannes. So the run time is maybe a minute or something longer. But it basically is the same movie that was at Cannes.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tom-rothman-interview-quentin-tarantino-movie-sony-success-2019-7

Jade

As to Leo's stutter ,  from what I read his character does have a stutter which is made worse when he is upset/excited   which we see in the trailer meltdown scene, in that scene Rick  is upset /excited because he forgot his lines  

Also , Josh Horowitz on his Twitter account stated that we will see the full MTV interview next week