Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Comments today regarding  Once from Cannes artistic director

For Tarantino-heads, there’s still hope. Per Deadline, Cannes artistic director Thierry Frémaux told reporters Thursday morning that it might be added to the lineup when the director is finished editing it. “The Tarantino was not ready. It was abusively and prematurely announced (in the press) which is too bad because it creates an appetite,” he said. “God knows we have the appetite for it, but it’s in a sprint. It’s one of the ones we hope to have good news on, to announce that it will be added.” 

Turns out our upcoming video single is connected to Leo's Foundation

Last week viral rapper Lil Dicky started teasing a new song and video and since then he has revealed that it's a Justin Bieber collaboration called 'Earth'. Lil Dicky has since confirmed that 'Earth' is an all-star charity single, in support of The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, which seeks to raise awareness about climate change. 'Earth' features celebrities including the likes of Ariana Grande, Halsey and Brendon Urie. Oh, and they all play different animals in the video.

Speaking about the track on Ellen, Lil Dicky teased: "Yeah so I'm putting out a song tonight called 'Earth' and it's literally got 30 of the biggest artists in the world on it. And every artist plays a different animal and sings." Incredible. He then went on to add: "Like Justin Bieber's a baboon, Ariana Grande's a zebra, Ed Sheeran's a koala bear and it's all about saving the Earth. There's an environmental crisis going on right now."

Talking about climate change, Lil Dicky added: "Honestly when I started making this song I didn't really know the details. We have 12 years to completely change the way we do so many things on Earth or the damage is irreversible." He also revealed that "within our lifetime, crazy things are gonna happen: floods, food shortages, bad air. Very soon." You can find out more via The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation website.

Discussing working with Leonardo and exactly where the money the single raises will be going, Lil Dicky said: "He is gonna consult with me and his foundation are gonna explain where they think the money is best served. That guy cares so much about the planet." Lil Dicky then shared a 20 second snippet of the video which features all of the celebrities involved as animated animals.

The video opens with Justin Bieber singing in cartoon baboon form: "Hi. I'm a baboon. I'm like a man, just less advanced and my anus is huge." Yes Justin sings about his anus on a charity single. Then a zebra version of Ariana Grande joins in with the line: "Hey I'm a zebra. No one knows what I do but I look pretty cool. Am I white or black?". A viral hit is born.

A full list of every celebrity in the song and the animals they play.

1. Lil Dicky - Human
2. Justin Bieber - Baboon
3. Ariana Grande - Zebra
4. Halsey - TBC
5. Zac Brown - TBC
6. Brendon Urie - TBC
7. Miley Cyrus - TBC
8. Wiz Khalifa - TBC
9. Snoop Dogg - TBC
10. Kevin Hart - TBC
11. Adam Levine - TBC
12. Shawn Mendes - TBC
13. Charlie Puth - TBC
14. Sia - TBC
15. Hailee Steinfeld - TBC
16. Lil Jon - TBC
17. Rita Ora - TBC
18. Miguel - TBC
19. Katy Perry - TBC

20. Lil Yachty - TBC
21. Ed Sheeran - TBC
22. Leonardo DiCaprio - TBC
23. Meghan Trainor - TBC
24. Joel Embiid - TBC
25. Tory Lanez - TBC
26. John Legend - TBC
27. Bad Bunny - TBC
28. Psy - TBC

29. Kris Wu - TBC

30. Backstreet Boys - TBC
31. Benny Blanco - TBC
32. Cashmere Cat - TBC

https://.popbuzz.com/music/news/lil-dicky-earth-video-celebrity-cameos/www

Barbie

Yes , Emile was ahead of Leo going down steps & thus he was cropped out in some pix 

In pix below we see him on the bottom left in front of Leo 

F1DB7052-D87F-4272-B591-82D85C8A5964.jpeg

Also , tks , for Once still :)

Description of Leo’s character Rick by Tarantino 

Excerpt from USA Today article

2FB05CB6-128E-4495-9E6B-D6EAB7B21866.jpeg

7 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Cutest friendship ever :heart:

Yes it is :D. It’s just too sweet.

Thanks so much Barbie, Jade and ox for the movie news, insta posts, pics (yes such a beautiful face), and the music video! 

It seems so long from now,  but it’s getting closer before OUATIH:p

49 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Barbie

Yes , Emile was ahead of Leo going down steps & thus he was cropped out in some pix 

In pix below we see him on the bottom left in front of Leo 

F1DB7052-D87F-4272-B591-82D85C8A5964.jpeg

Thanks ox, I have not seen him before.

Lil Dicky about Leo :)

Lil Dicky's Earth Featuring Leonardo Dicaprio, Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, And Many More Will Make Your Day

(...)

He gave fans a glimpse of his much-awaited music video through Thursday’s episode of The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Turning his focus to the live audience, the rapper and comedian passionately confronted the issue of “environmental crisis going on right now” before steering to share a story about how cool Leonardo DiCaprio is.

Lil Dicky enthusiastically shared,

“I went to his house and we played pickle ball,”

He added,

“One thing I can tell you is that guy cares so much about the planet. He gets really worked up talking about it.”

Apart from taking a leap to shine a much-needed light on the environment, Lil Dicky aligning the financial aspect of the song to his words as well. The artist teamed up with the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation to raise what’s sure to be a substantial cache of money for a good cause.

Net profits earned from the franchise including the short film-esque music video and Earth-related merchandise will be distributed to select nonprofits identified by LDF as being on the front lines of implementing solutions to climate change.

(...)

Adding up to the catchy new song and a creatively ambitious music video, Lil Dicky’s Earth project is complemented by an interactive website called We Love the Earth. In addition, the website aims to educate the public on the realities of climate change. Also taking forth the partnership with LDF, the websites also include interactive tutorials, behind-the-scenes and making-of content tabs, merchandise printed on sustainable materials, and much more engaging content.

Justin Winters, Executive Director of LDF and the One Earth initiative maintained,

“As activists across the world make their voices heard and inject new life into the environmental movement, we are delighted to be working with Lil Dicky and other collaborating artists to help build even greater support for climate solutions at this critical time,”

He further expressed,

“We invite everyone to sign the Global Deal for Nature petition to take a stand for our planet.”

The music video is a great leap forward for the awareness regarding climate change and the viable remedial actions that are possible to be carried out.

Source

True though I wish he would wear his hair always like this  :woot:

At 32:00 he starts talking how Leo got involved in the project, I love how he described how "Leo really cares" about climate change, there were no cameras, just them having a conversation and how passionate Leo talked about the issue. (Unfortunally a lot of people doesn't beleive in his good intention, and prefer to blame Leo or accuse him of hyprocrite). Of course Leo is no perfect and once in a while he will not be "environmental friendly", tell me who can be 100%?  but still he's doing a lot to help while a lot of people don't do nothing and feel the right to judge him, very easy to judge without doing nothing to help. 

Using fossil fuel energy isn't even the biggest problem of all problems, just saying. It's ONE of the problems, yes. To say "you can't fly or drive or whatever, you have to live full time vegan" isn't the solution I think (because it's the most unrealistic thing ever). It's a much more complex and complicated picture yet people prefer to mock about Leos lifestyle again and again and again. I mean we know it, Leo is the worst of all. But this isn't about Leo, this is about our planet. Our future. We are all part of the problem, it's like a human global infect. Do people truly believe it's done with saying "but my footprint is much smaller than his"???

Of course, to blame others for their actions and yellin' "hypocrite" is such an easy thing behind their faceless computers and yet -I can only repeat myself- so not helpful. This is the biggest problem. Humans aren't capable to work together at least not in long-term. We are always pointing out the mistakes from others, never our own.

It's not like Leo is talking about this topic since yesterday. But yeah, he probably decided in the early 90s long before he was even famous every issue about the earth would helpful to clean up his image. Plus it's totally normal to spend half of his money and time for a topic he secretly don't care about. Please. Leos life would be so much easier without his engagement. But he decided to go on no matter what. And it's not like he didn't know he's not the perfect role model so people should calm down. At least thanks to him many people are not only talking about enviromental issues, they are inspired and take actions. You can say what you want, but that's a good thing.

I don't know where or when I read it but at one point reporters said interviewing Leo is the most boring thing ever because he would only talk about enviromental stuff LOL

Margot Robbie seems to agree with them :rofl:

tumblr_mzjx95XD9h1s31ttxo1_250.gif tumblr_mzjx95XD9h1s31ttxo2_250.gif

tumblr_mzjx95XD9h1s31ttxo3_250.gif tumblr_mzjx95XD9h1s31ttxo4_250.gif

Q: “Was there something about him (Leonardo DiCaprio) that surprised you once you got to know him?”
A: “He’s a massive nerd when it comes to the environment.”