Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Excerpt  from interview with   UFC fighter Khabib   who we saw in December with Leo in Paris  , he mentions the UFC fight that sprawled over to audience , as well as,   what it is like to dine with Leo in restaurant when people ask for pix 

As you can see he states that Leo stated he only does pix with kids,  but  as we can see below, while in Paris he did do pix with fans as well :) 

thumbnail_IMG_2844.jpg

“The Eagle” then revealed that Leonardo DiCaprio, who was in attendance at UFC 229, got almost hit by his infamous flying kick.

” Yes he is big fan of the sport (MMA). When I jumped from Octagon he was sitting in 5-6 meters to the side. Hey you almost jumped on me!”.

“We had a talk and then he invited us to dinner. I was curious how he will have a dinner in restaurant in the middle of a city.”

“Hes good lad, but I was surprised when he rejected people to take some photos with him. He said you can’t make happy everybody. He do photo only with children,” Khabib claimed.

parisnov29th.jpg ParisNov29thb.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2847.jpg

More good news for Leo's Appian Way documentary Sea of Shadows  :clap:

The purchase is believed to be the biggest nonfiction acquisition from the 2019 edition of the festival.

National Geographic Documentary Films has netted Richard Ladkani's environmental documentary Sea of Shadows, plunking down $3 million for worldwide rights, which is believed to be the biggest doc acquisition of the Sundance market. Leonardo DiCaprio, who produced Ladkani's doc The Ivory Game, served as an executive producer.

The nonfiction thriller chronicles the plight of the vaquita, the world's smallest whale, which is near extinction as its habitat is destroyed by Mexican drug cartels and the Chinese mafia, who harvest the swim bladder of the totoaba fish, the "cocaine of the sea." Environmental activists, the Mexican navy and undercover investigators fight back against this illegal multimillion-dollar business.

The film, which screened in the world doc competition, made its world premiere at the festival on Jan. 27 at the Prospector Square Theatre. It went on to win the Audience Award for World Cinema Documentary.

“What is happening in Mexico is yet another example of human-caused devastation due to the greed of a few,” said Ladkani. “My hope is that this film can raise awareness and help save this precious ecosystem. I could not ask for a better partner in that goal than National Geographic.”

Austrian helmer Ladkani entered the market as a hot commodity, given that his Ivory Game, which was released by Netflix, was short-listed for an Academy Award. Not surprisingly, Netflix also was in the mix for Sea of Shadows, along with Hulu.

Sea of Shadows was also exec produced by Jennifer Davisson, Phillip Watson, Dinah Czezik-Müller, Michael Frenschkowski, Rebecca Cammisa and Laura Nix. Walter Köhler and Wolfgang Knöpfler produced.

“I am absolutely thrilled that we found with National Geographic the perfect partner for Sea of Shadows. We have already collaborated several times in our branch of blue-chip nature docs and are now very delighted to bundle our energy and experience on this special feature film project,” said Köhler of Terra Mater Factual Studios, which produced the film alongside DiCaprio's Appian Way, Malaika Pictures and Wild Lens Collective. “Both of us have the aim to make Sea of Shadows a huge success, but beyond that, we are united in the conviction that we have to save this precious little animal, the vaquita, and that we have to stop the destruction of the entire Sea of Cortez — which Jacques Cousteau once called the ‘aquarium of the planet.’”

Added National Geographic's Carolyn Bernstein: “We’re so thrilled to be partnering with Richard and the entire team, which shares our passion for spotlighting the most urgent environmental issues of our time. This film is a high-stakes, edge-of-your-seat thriller that viewers will not be able to ignore.”

Submarine repped the filmmakers in the deal.

1 hour ago, Balevendriaukr said:

He's just a normal person like anybody else. Why dont you guys stop with this obsessive behavior with the news and the pics and just live your lives? 

No, he's not normal person, he's huge MOVIE STAR and one of the greatest actors of all time. Please, go away with your silly questions.

2 hours ago, Balevendriaukr said:

He's just a normal person like anybody else. Why dont you guys stop with this obsessive behavior with the news and the pics and just live your lives? 

So what you're doing here? LOL.  :rofl:  If you didn't noticed this is a FAN FORUM, if you don't like it you don't need to come here, just go away, it's that simple.   :rolleyes: