Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Some info from actor that worked on OUATIH.

Scoot McNairy, who plays Business Bob Gilbert in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, has discussed what it was like working with Tarantino in a new interview with Collider:

"I’ve never been on a set like that in my life. It feels like you’re making movies from the 1930’s. It the organic, raw, way of making films, where everything is in camera. He doesn’t even have a monitor. He just stares at you, next to the camera. It’s fascinating," he said.

The actor, who stars in the imminent third series of True Detective, also confirmed the meta nature of the project saying that he plays "a character that’s within a TV show in the movie."

Filming just using a camera is a trademark of Tarantino's as he remains one of the very few directors who refuses to use monitors. “I don’t trust monitors,” he told Vanity Fair in 1994. “To me, when directors bring monitors on their sets, the monitor directs the movie. You can’t see a performance in a monitor. Just fuckin’ forget it. The magic in the eyes—you can’t get that from a monitor.”

And don't even get him started on bringing your mobile phone onto set, something he banned to stop distractions and leaks.

https://www.esquire.com/uk/latest-news/a25786653/once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-star-discusses-tarantinos-unconventional-filming-style/