Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

JJ has  the LDF pix now ; posting some of the MANY pix  plus link below

Irmelin looks great :heart:  

Leonardo DiCaprio speaks on stage at his 20th Anniversary Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Gala at Jackson Park Ranch on Saturday night (September 15) in Santa Rosa, Calif.

There were many celebrity guests at the event including Naomi Campbell, Mark Ruffalo, Edward Norton, Christine Evangelista, Jessica Szohr, Chace Crawford, Leonardo‘s mom Irmelin, and more. Chris Martin of Coldplay gave a special performance at the event and performed the Titanic classic “My Heart Will Go On.”

The event went to raise funds towards various global environmental efforts to address climate change and protect biodiversity. The event was co-hosted by Leonardo and Emerson Collective founder and president Laurene Powell.

“When I founded LDF 20 years ago, I did so based on the simple idea that we could make a real difference by directly funding some of the most effective environmental projects – whether it be individuals, grassroots movements or major nonprofits, we wanted to focus on getting critical funding to those who could have the greatest impact,” Leonardo said. “We are extremely proud to celebrate 20 years of this model. Since 1998, we have supported over 200 projects on every continent and in every ocean from habitat and species conservation, renewable energy, climate change, indigenous rights, and more. I am pleased to announce $11 million in new grants across our six program areas, bringing the total financial impact of LDF to over $100 million.”

Congratulations to the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation for their 20 year anniversary, and for raising over $100 million for their efforts over the years!

http://www.justjared.com/tags/leonardo-dicaprio/

leonardo-dicaprio-foundation-gala-27.jpg leonardo-dicaprio-foundation-gala-20.jpg leonardo-dicaprio-foundation-gala-22.jpg leonardo-dicaprio-foundation-gala-30.jpg leonardo-dicaprio-foundation-gala-37.jpg

The DM article claims that the fundraiser raised $7 million

Leonardo DiCaprio raises more than $7m for charity as he parties with Naomi Campbell at star-studded gala

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6173697/Naomi-Campbell-dons-black-cape-Leonardo-DiCaprio-raises-MILLIONS-environment.html

According to the foundation website, all 14 lots that were up for grabs sold - and for more than $7million in total.

504269E400000578-6173697-Big_night_Leonardo_DiCaprio_raised_millions_at_the_annual_Leonar-a-48_1537120685385.jpg 50425D4700000578-6173697-image-a-102_1537119740987.jpg 50425F3000000578-6173697-image-m-95_1537119622388.jpg 50426A0400000578-6173697-image-a-74_1537118942406.jpg 50426CC100000578-6173697-image-m-73_1537118925885.jpg

Jade

Tks for more pix and vids from event :) 

Thanks ox and Jade for the pics, links and info from his gala! That's cool people came out in support and it was a success.

Proud of Leo for his hard work and dedication to helping the grassroots organizations protect our lands, water and helping to make others aware of this through his foundation, and documentaries.

Really though, this was great and all y'all are so awesome!

Wow, Sophia Loren  was there  along with actor British actor Christian Tye

Really nice to see  two female screen legends like Catherine Deneuve  and Sophia in attendance :) 

In his  insta story you see Leo on stage and at table sitting next to Irmelin  , and it seems to me in the two seats near stage that looks like Tobey from behind  and his girlfriend

627CC326-2F4B-420E-B7A7-7C73C5FF511A.jpeg 1516A5D6-7B5E-4628-8DDB-B8B4B6320829.jpeg 584B2246-DCEF-42CB-B258-FEA8F47F091A.jpeg

32E203BA-A9B5-4755-A1BA-D2A58428864C.jpeg 8293A5BA-ED5A-43F1-9730-4EB97809BCB6.jpeg

7.jpg

From E  this is too funny and priceless,  Chris Martin talking about Leo's efforts to save cargo shorts from extinction :p 

The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation advocates for wildlife and environmental protection to help save animals and the planet, but apparently the organization's namesake prevented something else from extinction all on his own.

That's right: Leonardo DiCaprio salvaged cargo shorts for all of mankind, according to Coldplay singer Chris Martin

The foundation just celebrated its twentieth anniversary and had a gala on Saturday night in Sonoma, Calif., which included a performance by Coldplay. Before Martin and his band began their set, the "Fix You" singer praised DiCaprio for his dedication to environmental and sartorial choices. Martin said, "I studied him very closely for about five or six years and what became clear to me was his unbelievable service, his commitment to the business of cargo shorts."

He continued admiring the Inception actor's devotion to this one item of clothing. "This is a guy, he's seen cargo shorts and he said, 'I'm going to save these shorts from extinction. They should have gone out about 25 years ago. I'm personally going to fund the sort of renaissances of cargo shorts,'" Martin added.

Perhaps DiCaprio really needed the extra pocket space.

The intro was a perfect segue into Martin's original song about none other than...cargo shorts.

Instagram user missy_ib shared the singer's intro to his new anthem in honor of DiCaprio. The Coldplay frontman also sang a cover of Céline Dion's classic song from Titanic "My Heart Will Go On."

•  

SexyLeo

I would have loved if the camera had panned over to Leo when Chris was talking , so we could see Leo's reaction  I'm sure he loved it :) 

Yes, Leo always seem so protective of Jane when he is with her , and that reminds me of how he was with his beloved Oma 

And I’m just thrilled there are so many pix & vids from gala to post today :)

8.jpg

ox and jade: thanks a lot for the amazing pics, videos and articles from LDF.  Now, Chris Martin should become a comedian, haha, the little songs he created about Leo and this cargo shorts story, lol.   :laugh:

bnkenobi: thanks for set pics. 

The LDF raised $11 millions, that's great considering the event was smaller and with less people.    :clap:

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/8746851-181/leonardo-dicaprios-star-studded-auction-raises

From JJ  according  to article, Leo and Brad filmed scenes on Sunday, and , of course , they were wearing their fave outfits

Looking at Quentin's outfit and hair yesterday on set, I wonder if he was part of filming :p

http://www.justjared.com/2018/09/17/brad-pitt-leonardo-dicaprio-continue-filming-once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood/

brad-pitt-leonardo-dicaprio-set-september-2018-02.jpg brad-pitt-leonardo-dicaprio-set-september-2018-04.jpg 

Bnkenobi

Tks for more pix of Leo on set from last week's filming :flower:

Barbie

Tks for update on how much the LDF event raised  , that's great :thumbsup:

Article from Hollywood Reporter about event: Inside Leonardo DiCaprio's $8M Fundraiser: Jane Goodall and Chris Martin's Ode to Cargo Shorts

The actor and his Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation celebrated a milestone 20th anniversary with an A-list gala in Northern California which featured a performance by Coldplay's frontman.

Once upon a time ... in Sonoma County. 

Leonardo DiCaprio took a weekend break from filming Quentin Tarantino's Helter Skelter-focused Once Upon a Time in Hollywood to head to wine country for a gala fundraiser for his Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation and its global environmental efforts. And according to insider accounts, it was an elegant affair that helped LDF reach a major milestone of doling out more than $100 million in grants. 

Speaking of numbers, according to sources, the event itself raised in the neighborhood of $8 million courtesy of a ticket sales (minimum of $10,000 per ticket) that pulled in around $500,000 while the live auction is said to have netted something close to $7.5 million. 

Co-hosted by DiCaprio and Laurene Powell, widow of Apple chief Steve Jobs, LDF's Sept. 15 event was presented in partnership with Jackson Family Wines and title sponsors Bank of America and Tiffany & Co. It marked a major location change, too, as DiCaprio previously traveled to the South of France for St. Tropez fundraisers which drew hundreds of guests (including billionaires and supermodels). This year, only 300 guests got past the velvet ropes for much more intimate event that also included a well-curated live auction by DiCaprio's longtime art advisor Lisa Schiff along with Marika Kielland of SFA Advisory and Sotheby's auctioneer Simon Shaw. 

DiCaprio took a moment at the podium to reflect on these last two decades, his commitment to the environment and to make an announcement of additional grantees. “When I founded LDF 20 years ago, I did so based on the simple idea that we could make a real difference by directly funding some of the most effective environmental projects – whether it be individuals, grassroots movements or major nonprofits, we wanted to focus on getting critical funding to those who could have the greatest impact,” said Leonardo DiCaprio. “Since 1998, we have supported over 200 projects on every continent and in every ocean from habitat and species conservation, renewable energy, climate change, indigenous rights, and more. I am pleased to announce $11 million in new grants across our six program areas, bringing the total financial impact of LDF to over $100 million.”

The night was not only about the numbers. Apparently, it was also about DiCaprio's adoration for a controversial piece of menswear. Chris Martin of Coldplay also made the short trek to Sonoma County to perform a set of songs. He dedicated the Celine Dion classic "My Heart Will Go On" to DiCaprio, and he also performed an original composition about cargo shorts. 

According to one attendee's Instagram video, Martin said, "I studied him very closely for about five or six years and what became clear to me was his unbelievable service, his commitment to the business of cargo shorts. ... This is a guy, he's seen cargo shorts and he said, 'I'm going to save these shorts from extinction. They should have gone out about 25 years ago. I'm personally going to fund the sort of renaissances of cargo shorts."

Guests who got to hear the song's debut included Mike Ovitz, Tamara Mellon, Sophia Lauren, Catherine Deneuve, Edward Norton, Naomi Campbell, Tobey Maguire, Lukas Haas, Mike and Irena Medavoy, Peggy Siegal, Vivi Nevo, producer Steve Golin and Mark Ruffalo, the latter of whom flew in from the Avengers set to address the crowd from the podium. Many of the aforementioned names stayed at the Calistoga Ranch before heading to Matanzas Creek Winery where armed security and police dogs helped to keep the peace. 

DiCaprio looked to be enjoying the moment, and the entire evening which he spent seated next to Dr. Jane Goodall. The famed English primatologist and anthropologist was named to LDF's new independent board of directors along with indigenous rights leader and former special advisor for Native American affairs to President Obama Jodi Gillette, LDF CEO Terry Tamminen, Robert Hrtica and Adam Bernholz.

There were awards, too. Artist Wayne Thiebaud received LDF's inaugural Art & Environment Award; filmmaker, gallerist and author Arne Glimcher took home the inaugural Lifetime Achievement in Conservation Award to environmental filmmaker, gallerist and author Arne Glimcher; and Amazon Frontlines and CeiboAlliance was awarded the first annual Environmental Activist Award. 

“This year we honor extraordinary individuals and organizations for their contributions to protecting our planet, and for upholding the core beliefs of LDF,” said DiCaprio. “Through his art, Wayne Thiebaud has invigorated and inspired people to take action to protect our planet. Arne Glimcher, working with the African Environmental Film Foundation, has been instrumental in educating the public on environmental concerns throughout Africa. We are also pleased to recognize LDF grantees Amazon Frontlines and Ceibo Alliance. The partnership these organizations have formed has proven essential in leading a resistance to defend indigenous territory and culture. Their courageous work has prevented rain forest destruction throughout Ecuador and we honor them for their work.”

The event was produced by Inward Point as a zero waste, sustainable event using 100% renewable energy and locally sourced foods. Produce was sourced from SingleThread farm and surrounding organic farms, all seafood was Seafood Watch certified “Green” and sourced from local waters. SingleThread Chefs Kyle Connaughton and Jackson Family Wines’ Executive Chef Justin Wangler used vegetables, fruit, herbs, flowers, honey, eggs and olive oil sourced directly from SingleThread farm. 

Also announced at the event were donations to support disaster relief efforts for those impacted by Hurricane Florence, and those affected by the Napa Valley fires to Just and Resilient Future Fund. 

After all was said and done, one attendee told The Hollywood Reporter that it was hard to take their eyes off DiCaprio: "His star shined brightly last night." 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rambling-reporter/inside-leonardo-dicaprios-8m-fundraiser-jane-goodall-chris-martins-ode-cargo-shorts-1143968

12 hours ago, bnkenobi said:

Leo on set of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (September 13, 2018) - https://leonardo-dicaprio.net/photos/thumbnails.php?album=1366

What a cutie :p:heart: Thanks for sharing @bnkenobi :flower:

Thanks @oxford25 and @BarbieErin for the amazing updates. So many new Leo stuff, great day I would say :stormy:

And yes, Leo & Jane (& Mark) are adorable :wub: