Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Some filming information about where Once  , and hopefully Leo, will be filming next week at high school in Norwalk, Ca

Also,  a little bit or information about the production , I saw these same pix on another IG page  , and that person remarked they saw  signs with "MO" on them , and a person appeared on their page and said "Yes, MO stands for "Magnus Opus" which is supposed to be the  "code" name for the production

Also a few more  Leo trip pix on this poster's IG site including one I hadn't seen on any of the ususal celeb sites

Jade & Bnkenobi

Tks for latest updates :flower: :flower: 

Lawrence Brownlee (never heard of him before) about Leo - love what he's saying because sometimes when I read comments like Leo would always play the same character over and over again I just don't get it... :idk: I mean how are Arnie Grape, Jack Dawson, J. Edgar, Calvin Candie and Jordan Belfort the same person just to name a couple?

Who is your favourite actor?
I love Viola Davis, I think she’s incredible. But I also like people that are versatile. A lot of people might throw up an eyebrow for this, but I think one of the most versatile actors I know is Leonardo DiCaprio. He’s a fine actor and I don’t think a lot of people realize he has a tremendous palate, he’s so versatile. He’s not like – Denzel Washington who is the same like all the time. The same thing is true with Tom Cruise, same, Tom Hanks, same. They’re all the same all the time. And I really like guys who have range – Morgan Freeman. I like people who have a departure, and you feel like you don’t recognize them sometimes from before. Even Matthew McConaughey, I think he’s more versatile than some of these other guys. Kenneth Branagh, Peter Dinklage too.

Source

Thanks bnkenobi, ox and Jade for the news, links and pics!

Love the one with him and the kids, aww :smile:

Love what this guy says about Leo. He  is very versatile...all you have to do is watch Aviator, Django, Basketball Diaries, J. Edgar, Blood Diamond, WOWS...I could name more, but Leo is multitalented (and funny, too!) and he never gets the credit for that.

It’s interesting to read « he never gets credit for being versatile » when every conversation I have with people about Leo, all people say is « he can play anything »

and I’m not even bringing up or pointing out that I’m a fan. It’s just the first comment about him all the time.

so does it come from the press this feeling that he’s not recognize for being versatile ?

6 hours ago, marinebing said:

It’s interesting to read « he never gets credit for being versatile » when every conversation I have with people about Leo, all people say is « he can play anything »

and I’m not even bringing up or pointing out that I’m a fan. It’s just the first comment about him all the time.

so does it come from the press this feeling that he’s not recognize for being versatile ?

In some parts of America, Leo gets negative press. A couple of local newspapers have called him overrated, and when I talk to people, if someone says he’s talented, they’ll bring up Titanic like it’s a bad thing. It took a decade before some in the American press had to yet again recognize his talent, after Titanic.

Lawrence Brownlee starts of by saying ‘a lot of people may throw up an eyebrow’ before complimenting Leo, because often, when he is complimented, some eyes do roll.  His talent is more appreciated internationally than here. 

I remember talking about Revenant to a co worker and she said ‘ooh pretty boy breathes, what acting’ and mocked him. I had to let her know to really check out his films. That’s my experience, though.

However, I do see more of an appreciation for his talent than in the past from some folks. My hubby sees his talent more so now, for example.