Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leo's not having his annual LDF Gala, but instead a smaller sustainable event in California by september, such cool news.  :thumbs_up:   :thumbsup:

Leo trading in St-Tropez gala for glam environmental affair

Leonardo DiCaprio is flipping the script on his annual over-the-top summer gala, Page Six has exclusively learned, to celebrate his foundation’s 20th anniversary with an even more exclusive event.

The Oscar winner is skipping his foundation’s annual St-Tropez fete this year in lieu of a series of smaller ecological affairs.

We hear the first of the environmental fundraisers will be a VIP dinner Sept. 15 in Sonoma Valley, Calif., at a private ranch.

Since the event’s close to Silicon Valley, it’s expected to be a hot ticket for top tech types.

The location will also bring attention to the wildfires that have ravaged the region. “Leo is changing it up,” a pal exclusively told Page Six. “He’s having a series of smaller events.” The Sonoma fundraiser will be a “zero-waste event,” we hear, where “everything can be reused, no plastic, etc. — complete with a sustainability report from the event itself.”

The foundation’s working with Inward Point, a sustainable-events planning company that’s worked with clients from Comcast and Arizona State University to Brooklyn Bowl and Pioneer Works. We hear that, as part of the new initiative, art collector DiCaprio will still hold an event at this year’s Art Basel Miami Beach.

Last July, the DiCaprio Foundation gala at ­St-Tropez’s Domaine Bertaud Belieu vineyard included a surprise performance by Madonna. Lenny Kravitz also played for guests including Kate Winslet, Sean Penn and Tobey Maguire, while the gala’s chairs included Prince Albert II of Monaco , Cate Blanchett, Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz, Tom Hanks, Kate Hudson, Edward Norton, Emma Stone and Uma Thurman.

Works by blue-chip artists such as Damien Hirst, Urs Fischer and Richard Prince were auctioned off.

We hear that a big performer could be in the works for the Sonoma VIP gathering, and that save-the-dates go out next week.

https://pagesix.com/2018/06/16/leo-trading-in-st-tropez-gala-for-glam-environmental-affair/

Thanks calibi, Jade, bnkenoki and Barbie for the news, all the videos, older pics (new to me!) and link with the larger pics!

Excited for this movie coming together now and seeing all the images from the set. This is incredible.

That's nice he's having his fundraisers in Cali instead, especially for its 20th year anniversary.

I particular like that first pic with fan. I prefer his hair loose like that. Such thick hair.

Tiffany Haddish is still shooting her shot, I see. I don't blame her at all. He is sexy ?

Thanks a lot calibi for the all the videos and pics.  :flower:  It started, I'm soo happy!!!   :excited:

jade: thanks for the old pic, never seen too. I remember the woman in CMIYC. 

his hair looking darker than usual?

Yeah, noticed the same jade, his hair and clean shaven look reminded me of Wolf, his hair looks black, I was thinking he would stay blonde and have a little longer hair and a moustache or a goatee? Guess I was wrong, haha.  :D  Also, I couldn't see clear if Brad's hair is dark too, but I guess so because his Leo's character stunt double...   let's see.   :p

Calibi

Tks so much for our first vid & pix of Leo filming yesterday 

What a great treat to login to today :clap: :clap: 

Barbie

Tks for update on Leo’s annual LDF Gala :)

I hope the event is a success , and I’m certainly looking forward to seeing pix & vids from event :p 

Jade

Tks for older CYMC pix :)

Like you & Barbie , his hair looks dark & he appears to be clean shaven