Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

From Artnet : 

Leonardo DiCaprio Joins Magnus, the App That Aims to Demystify the Art Market, as an Investor and Advisor

The Oscar-winning actor and art collector has thrown his support behind the startup developed by former gallerist Magnus Resch

Founded in April 2016 by Magnus Resch, an ex-gallerist and author of the book Management of Art Galleries, the eponymous app is designed to let users take a photograph of an artwork and then summon its key information, including the name of the artist, the title, the date, its exhibition history, and, most crucial in the notoriously opaque art market, its price. Resch sees it as a crucial plank in his “mission to increase transparency in the art market” and, in the process, “increase the number of buyers,” he told artnet News.https://news.artnet.com/market/leonardo-dicaprio-magnus-1217447#.WnoeMJ5NBsI.twitter

leo-and-gatsby-594x352.jpg

Leo and his Foundation chairman Milutin Gatsby are going seperate ways and according to schowbiz the break wasn't pleasant. Wondering what happened? Maybe he knew more about those Malaysian money and didn't tell Leo?

Full article: http://www.showbiz411.com/2018/02/06/leonardo-dicaprio-foundation-ousts-mysterious-global-finance-chairman-milutin-gatsby-but-amfar-keeps-him-on

According to Page Six nothing is safe Leo will play a role in Tarantinos upcoming movie :idk:

(...) Apatow tweeted, “Tarantino also ignored Daryl Hannah’s complaints when she was harassed by Harvey Weinstein . . . And now Tarantino is going to make a movie about Polanski,” whose wife Sharon Tate was murdered by the “Manson family” in 1969. “Why is someone financing this?” Apatow asked.

Others have suggested boycotting the film when it comes out.

Sony is backing the $100 million project, and did not get back to us.

Leo DiCaprio and Margot Robbie were rumored to be attached to the film, although sources tell Page Six nothing’s official and no deals are in place.

“It doesn’t matter who it is acting in it — it’s just tasteless. It’s classless how everyone is rushing to release something for the 50th anniversary of this horrific event,” Debra Tate told People.

Source

I want to see Leo working again, and I like Tarantino movies but I don't know about this Manson project. Besides the revelations about Tarantino, I kind of agree with Debra Tate that a movie like this could be pretty tasteless considering it's about the real life greif of a horrific event. We know Tarantino's style, and he includes a lot of gore and comedy, something with subject matter like this could come off as pretty tasteless.

If Manson and the murders were just a small element of this movie, and rather focused on LA during the time of the murders I think it could work. Like, if it goes a kind of biopic route perhaps? But if it goes all Tarantino style (ex. Kill Bill) making light of the situation and glorifying and "gore"ifying the murders, making it a "fun" movie, then I don't that's good at all. But then again Django Unchained tackled some pretty touchy subject matter and still worked. I don't know! :banghead:

This sucks because I want to see Leo working again SO BADLY. But I also don't want Leo to take a role that could get him backlash. :sad:

Thank you all for the updates BTW! :hug::hug: 

I think Leo should back out of the Tarantino movie if he can. It's going to be very controversial if it goes ahead. If this movie tries to portray Polanski in a sympathetic light, it's going to be a total disaster. I can see a huge social media backlash against this movie and everyone involved in it.