Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

From Variety a little news about Leo's /Da Vinci film project

• Leonardo DiCaprio’s Da Vinci Biopic Hires James Bond Screenwriter

Paramount has hired high-profile writer John Logan to adapt Walter Isaacson’s biography “Leonardo da Vinci,” with Leonardo DiCaprio playing the painter/scientist.

DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson are producing through their Appian Way banner. Paramount won movie rights in August following a multi-studio bidding battle.

Logan’s screen credits include “Alien: Covenant,” “Genius,” the two most recent James Bond movies “Spectre” and “Skyfall,” and a trio of scripts that received Academy Award nominations — “Gladiator,” “The Aviator,” and “Hugo.” It’s Logan’s second collaboration with DiCaprio, more than a decade after he scripted the Howard Hughes biopic “The Aviator.”

DiCaprio is starring next in the untitled Quentin Tarantino movie about the Manson Family. The actor has a strong connection to the da Vinci project: he got his first name from the famous painter, as his pregnant mother was looking at a da Vinci painting in a museum in Italy when the future star kicked for the first time.

Isaacson’s book, published by Simon & Schuster in October, was based on thousands of pages from da Vinci’s notebooks and focused on his passionate curiosity, careful observation, and imagination. In addition to painting the “Mona Lisa” and “The Last Supper,” he pursued studies of anatomy, fossils, birds, the heart, flying machines, botany, geology, and weaponry.

Logan is repped by CAA. The news was first reported by Deadline Hollywood.

Calibi

Tks for more QT/Manson casting information.

Speaking of  Tate /Polanski neighbors I was wondering if anyone would be playing Terry Melcher  ( Doris Day's son ) who was living in guest house on the Polanski  property and supposedly knew Manson as did his friend & frequent visitor  Dennis Wilson ( of the Beachboys )

Infact , some reports I've read  claim that it was Melcher who Manson was originally looking for when he came to the property that night

Steve Stanulis — a former NYPD cop who went on to work as a stripper, a filmmaker and a celebrity bodyguard — is adding author to his résumé.

Confidential reported Wednesday that Stanulis, 46, had been quietly working on a book called “Sex and the Shield,” which chronicles his brushes with crime, grime, fame and infamy. Now Stanulis confirms he indeed has written a tell-all — and it comes out Feb. 12 through Penguin publishing.

One of the Staten Island native’s most memorable tales happened in 1999 when he was working as a bodyguard for Leonardo DiCaprio and they got to talking about their respective ACL injuries. According to Stanulis, who was moonlighting as a stripper at the time, he pulled down his trousers to show Leo his surgical scar and was still wearing the pink thong that he’d just worn to a bachelorette party, where he’d danced earlier that evening.

“We had nothing in common, he was the biggest actor in Hollywood and I’m the stripper cop,” Stanulis said. “He started laughing and we hit it off.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/bodyguard-leonardo-dicaprio-kanye-west-pens-memoir-article-1.3793614

Thanks dicapriofan for the link! I'll check it out.

That's a good question Jade and thanks for the article! I think Leo will still do this film because it's a great project, and I think Tarantino, in light of all of these recent events, should perhaps listen more if actors or actresses are uncomfortable with a scene. I think part of this story is a wake up call for directors to be more considerate of an actor or actress who feels uncomfortable filming a certain scene, etc.

Welcome HoneyK and dicapriofan.  :flower:

jade: I think Leo already signed to do this movie, so I do think he will do it. As for what Tarantino did, it was absolutely wrong, but I guess he must have learned a good lesson from that. I honestly don't think this will stop the movie to be made. 

And this is such a great thing Leo and Kate did for this fan. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5495258/kate-winslet-leonardo-di-caprio-save-life-cancer-mum/

On 2/1/2018 at 9:09 PM, BarbieErin said:

ox and calibi: thanks for the news and pics.   :grouphug:

So Leo's character will be Tate's Neighbor. This script seems soo confusing to me, lol, I mean until now.  :p

Hi Barbie

I'm new here.  Thanks for the additional information on Leo's character.  So he's playing the role of Tate's neighbor.  But what do you mean by the fact that you understand now due to learning about that?  

1 hour ago, Tootsy Roll said:

Hi Barbie

I'm new here.  Thanks for the additional information on Leo's character.  So he's playing the role of Tate's neighbor.  But what do you mean by the fact that you understand now due to learning about that?  

Hi Toosy Roll and welcome!    :flower:

I don't mean that. I said I'm a bit confused about Tarantino's script.  :p  But what we know is that Leo's role is the actor that have a western show on tv and wants to do movies...  and now it's reported that Leo's character will be neighbor of Sharon Tate, but his role is fictional, that's all we know until now. 

1 hour ago, BarbieErin said:

Hi Toosy Roll and welcome!    :flower:

I don't mean that. I said I'm a bit confused about Tarantino's script.  :p  But what we know is that Leo's role is the actor that have a western show on tv and wants to do movies...  and now it's reported that Leo's character will be neighbor of Sharon Tate, but his role is fictional, that's all we know until now. 

Thanks for the welcome!!!!!!!!!  I've been researching this role, and I am not sure what you mean.  Any new info. would be appreciated.  How did you find out it was fictional and how did that help you?