Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

7 hours ago, BarbieErin said:

Ox: I predict a cowboy hat and a big mustache, lol. ?

LOL no not the mustache! But he could pull it off if that ends up happening :wub6yh2cm:

Thanks calibi, ox, and bnkenobi for all the news, pics and links from the fashion show, the gala and all the new movie news!

I'm with you Jade, I can't wait until the first set pics, and eventually, the trailer; it's been a good while, so I'm excited!

Awww, Leo looks so sweet with cute little kid :biggrin:

News of a tribute to Django Reinhardt sponsored by Leo and his Dad

Pat Philips & Leonardo DiCaprio present FOREVER DJANGO Hot Gypsy Jazz Carnegie Hall May 1st

PAT PHILIPS-STRATTA, Producer
in Association with
LEONARDO & GEORGE DiCAPRIO
Present
Forever Django
"Passing the Family Torch"
Hot Gypsy Jazz
Tuesday, May 1, 2018 8 pm
Carnegie Hall
Stern Auditorium / Perelman Stage
With Release of "ATTITUDE MANOUCHE"
On RESILIENCE MUSIC ALLIANCE
Spring 2018
Starring:
DJANGO FESTIVAL ALLSTARS
DORADO, SAMSON, AMATI SCHMITT
LUDOVIC BEIER, PIERRE BLANCHARD

"These are some of the greatest musicians in the world!"
……Leonardo DiCaprio
Plus
Special Guests:
MELODY GARDOT & PAQUITO D'RIVERA
And Introducing Veronica Swift

It's a celebration at the great hall as The Django Festival Allstars, critically acclaimed masters of 'gypsy jazz', a style pioneered by legendary guitarist Django Reinhardt, will perform in New York at Carnegie Hall at 8 pm. The Allstars have been criss-crossing the US to sold-out crowds, standing ovations, and critical acclaim. At the Playboy Jazz Festival/Hollywood Bowl, Critic Scott Yanow wrote: "The highpoint of the entire festival was The Django Festival Allstars".

On May 1st, DORADO SCHMITT will perform alongside his two sons, SAMSON and AMATI (Guitar soloists) 'passing the family torch' to them as his Dad did to him, carrying on the legacy of Gypsy Jazz. Performing alongside are top Allstar Soloists LUDOVIC BEIER (Accordion & Accordina) and PIERRE BLANCHARD (Violin). DOUDOU CUILLERIER scat singing and rhythm guitar brings the house down…plus gypsy cousin Fancko Mehrstein on rhythm with Antonio Licusati and Gino Roman on Bass.

… "the best jazz show in town! Imagine a stage filled with six contemporary Reinhardt descendants, and you'll get a sense that the collective talent pool on the bandstand is larger than the Arc de Triomphe!"… Wall Street Journal

MELODY GARDOT
Grammy-winning Vocalist, is a master of the art of capturing mood and emotion reminiscent of greats like Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald and Nina Simone.

MELODY will perform Django's most important composition 'Nuages" with legendary Dorado Schmitt on Guitar.

PAQUITO D'RIVERA
Winner of 14 Grammy's as top Clarinetist/Saxophonist with numerous recordings, travels the world in great demand for his enormous talent that defies categorization as he is highly acclaimed in areas of Jazz, Latin/Jazz, and Classical.

VERONICA SWIFT
Acclaimed as one of the top young jazz singers on the scene, Veronica, 23, is touring with Chris Botti, performs regularly at Birdland, and soon to be touring Europe and the US.

The music of Django Reinhardt, legendary gypsy guitarist, speaks of Paris in the 20's and 30's when 'gitane' music filled the air, in the cafes and streets, in the countryside, a romantic Paris. In the gypsy camps, guitars swung with popular melodies, dizzying waltzes, the sweetness of the accordion and violin, campfires, gypsy life in full swing. swing.

The music is enrapturing…a feeling of freedom and abandon, the soul of Manouche gypsy life brought to life at Carnegie Hall upon the release of their new CD, "Attitude Manouche" on Resilience Music Alliance. Much to be performed onstage highlights original compositions keeping the Django style fresh and beyond.

The Django Festival Allstars are the top players that have emerged from the Django Festival held biannually at Birdland in New York, and founded-produced by Pat Philips and Ettore Stratta. The traditions of gypsy jazz flourish today with music at the heart and soul of family life, . being passed down from one generation to another. The concert is dedicated to Maestro Stratta whose great musical talent and leadership set us on this path.

From Motorsport Magazine some more  Marrakech Grand Prix pix and article.

As was speculated when we saw Fisher Stevens with Leo,  the article mentions they were there filming as part of a documentary 

0857150.jpg 0857522.jpg 0857395.jpg 0857394.jpg

Motorsport-Magazin.com - Formula E champion Lucas di Grassi has applied early this season for the award of the year. The Brazilian had the great honor of driving Hollywood star Leonardo DiCaprio over the track at the weekend in Marrakech. The thing had only one catch: For the round Audi star di Grassi had to get into a BMW!

The Munich team is again presenting the official Safety and Medical Car in Formula E. This season, the faster BMW i8 is also used for VIP rides. Motorsport-Magazin.com had reported in advance of the Marrakech ePrix exclusively from the joint ride in the i8

Later, it turned out that di Grassi and DiCaprio had to spontaneously switch to the lower-power BMW i3. The reason: in the back seat of a camera team took place, which turned the drive for a planned documentary. In the i8 the space for driver and companion would not have been enough.

DiCaprio did not know anything about that at first. When he made his way to the car with di Grassi, the star of films like Titanic or Inception made big eyes. That was not the announced fast BMW i8, with which he wanted to let it rip along with di Grassi really times ... Instead stood there not looking for motorsport i3.

We were in the subsequent conversation was not personally there, but that is how the short exchange between DiCaprio and di Grassi have happened:

DiCaprio at the sight of the small i3: "But he does not look very fast ..."

Di Grassi answers dryly: "If you want a fast car, you have to buy an Audi."

What a counter! Di Grassi is a smart guy anyway, but responding so lightly in this situation was the culmination. Since it was not so bad for Audi that his own star had to change to a BMW.

DiCaprio could have saved himself the confusion anyway if he had read the bulletin of the race director. It said explicitly that he and di Grassi would drive slowly over the track.

The reason: Actually di Grassi as a regular driver in Formula E should not have been at the wheel, so theoretically he could have learned something about the track. At the request of Formula E, the FIA had made an exception. After all, a DiCaprio does not come to the race every day ...

LA Sighting 

Bianca@BEdithA14

Today was a good day! Saw Leonardo DiCaprio at work!! & finally got to hang out with one of my favorite people at our favorite taco place Funny, we have been friends for 2 years & this is the 1st time we hung out #KingTaco #FirstFriendOuting