Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

On 1/15/2018 at 9:19 AM, Jade Bahr said:

Seeing Leo and Orlando makes me think I would like the idea those two doing a movie together a lot :p

Definitely yes to this :D!

Thanks ox, calibi and bnkenobi for all the pics and links! It all looked fun, plus Leo's looking fine, as usual.

Leo attended the Stella McCartney fashion show last night in LA where her dad Paul and others performed

Stella-chella: McCartney’s Fall 2018 Presentation Draws Katy Perry, Leonardo DiCaprio

The women's/men's presentation & party in L.A. drew Dakota Johnson, Chris Martin, Kate Hudson, Emma Roberts, Paris Jackson and Sir Paul.http://wwd.com/eye/parties/stella-mccartney-fall-2018-presentation-katy-perry-leonardo-dicaprio-11105203/

From Deadline more information about Leo's character in Tarantino movie

FLEMING: Whether it’s Hollywood industry news or sexual harassment allegations, the speed at which trade journalism takes place right now can be dizzying. So I’d like to add to the story Deadline broke last week, when Leonardo DiCaprio told Quentin Tarantino he would make his next film the first picture DiCaprio will star in since his Oscar-winning turn in The Revenant. I initially called him an aging actor, when I raced to break the story. What he plays, more specifically, is an actor who had his own Western show, Bounty Law, that ran on the air from 1958 to 1963. His attempt to transition to movies didn’t work out and in 1969 — the film is set at the height of hippy Hollywood movement– he’s guesting on other people’s shows while contemplating going to Italy which has become a hotbed for low-budget Westerns. The movie, a Pulp Fiction-esque tapestry of Los Angeles during the summer of the Manson murders, will now get busy with casting (Margot Robbie was asked to play Sharon Tate, as I’ve reported, but there isn’t a deal yet). I’d keep an eye on Tom Cruise, who might well surface as the other big male superstar in Tarantino’s film

I think it's ficcional, I think Tarantino's screenplay is original and somehow he will recreate the real part about the murders... but I can be completely wrong, lol. 

Anyway, I'am really excited Leo is back to work and I'am liking the details about his role, I agree with you jade, it seems very different from everything Leo ever done. 

Thanks ox. 

Jade

Like Barbie I've never read anything so far that infers that any characters, beyond the Manson  murder victims, were based on any real people.

However  having  said that ,  looking at this new description of Leo's character , I would say it reminds one of Clint Eastwood's career

He had been in the popular tv  western Rawhide that ran from 1959-1965,  then his career stalled in the US , and he then went overseas and became a big star via low budget Italian westerns such Good , Bad, and Ugly /Fistful of Dollars, etc  which then became big hits in the US , and  he continued to have a successful movie career in the US thereafter

I had looked last night at various articles about Sharon Tate , and I could find no articles that mentioned that she and Eastwood ever worked together or knew each other .