Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

From W Magazine, great words about Leo from his LACMA co chair Eva Chow

The fundraiser, a cocktail followed by a dinner and performance, raised over $3.4 million last year, while honoring Robert Irwin and Kathryn Bigelow. Presented by Gucci, the night’s proceeds are used to support LACMA’s film initiative, and again, for its seventh year, it was co-chaired by Leonardo DiCaprio and LACMA trustee Eva Chow.

“He’s the best partner,” said Chow, who had nothing but praise for DiCaprio, who was again missing this year during cocktail hour, sponsored by Laurent-Perrier. “He’s a great actor, handsome, very conscious of world issues...bright, good mannered. He’s a good friend, but I’m a big fan.”

A FRiend of mine told me a cute Leo story yesterday I thought you would enjoy it :

« I need to tell you a story that my mother in law just told me about her brother. Her brother who was 70 something died in 2012. But in 2010 he went from London to Thailand. Next to him in first class sits a young man with a blue and red baseball cap. They started talking and he asked the young man what he did for a living. He said he was an actor. Oh so what movies did you do? The young man answered he did a movie called Titanic amongst others.  Eric didn't know there was a movie out so said sorry about not knowing anything about it. Then the young man slept for a few hours and read a book.

When he got to Thailand and met up with his 3 children later that week he mentioned the young man he sat next to on the plane and said he was an actor and played a movie called Titanic something. The daughter Googled a picture of Leo and showed him and he said « yea there he is who is he??? » do i have to say she died? »

I thought that was cute. Leo must have been happy that the guy didn’t recognize him lol

Thanks oxford for the pics and quote from the article! Leo is so gorgeous!! Beautiful eyes and hair!

Thanks marinebing for your friend's story!  Her in-law sat next to Leo, got to hear him snore a little, probably, :happy: (since he was sleeping), and had no idea who he was.

That is too sweet.

From HR great project announced at recent LACMA GALA  by Leo's LDF foundation for LACMA :clap: 

Another applause worthy moment: Govan noted that co-chair Leonardo DiCaprio and his foundation are responsible for a restoration project that will see "Urban Light" refitted with LED bulbs, reducing power by 90 percent. It is scheduled to be completed in February, Govan noted, in time for the 10th anniversary of the assembled sculpture (and Instagram hotspot). 

Calibi

Tks for another great LACMA pix :smile: