Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Seems like at some point in the future Leo & Marty are planning on doing the long ago mentioned Teddy Roosevelt project

Also it appears that his pal Chuck will be along as producer, and I assume the Scott Bloom that is writing the script is his friend Scott :idk: 

Leonardo DiCaprio to Play Theodore Roosevelt in Martin Scorsese-Directed Biopic

Paramount Pictures has set up the biopic “Roosevelt,” revolving around the life of Theodore Roosevelt, with Leonardo DiCaprio attached to star as the former president and Martin Scorsese on board to direct.

DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson are producing through their Appian Way banner, along with Scorsese and Emma Koskoff through Sikelia, with Chuck Pacheco  also producing. DiCaprio and Scorsese currently have a first-look deal at studio.

Scott Bloom will pen the script.

The former president had a wide-ranging career that started in the Navy with strategies still studied today in the U.S. military. His rise in politics began as the governor of New York and ended all the way in the presidency following the assassination of William McKinley. His efforts in conservationism and preserving the country’s national parks are considered some of his greatest achievements as president, and making the project a natural fit for DiCaprio, given his own efforts in climate change and environmentalism.

DiCaprio and Scorsese are currently developing a handful of films including “The Devil in the White City” and “Killers of the Flower Moon.” They last worked together on “The Wolf of Wall Street.”

DiCaprio is repped by LBI Entertainment while Scorsese is repped by WME and LBI. Deadline Hollywood first reported the news.

Leolover

Tks for Leo/Maze investment news :smile: 

As always don't know if this sighting is legit, but tweeter claims they just spoke to Leo in Paris

** Right after I posted the above tweet, Leo's pal Vinny posted a pix from Paris, so I would say Leo sighting in Paris was legit :smile:

Presently is 9:49 pm in Paris

M M @Mmmmaaarriiiiii 2h2 hours ago

I guess you could say I’m having a good time in Paris Bc I just had a conversation with Leonardo DiCaprio

Ok, so Leo is now the name of a spider as well, haha.   :p

Scientists have discovered 15 new species of "smiley-faced" spiders and named them after David Attenborough, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Bernie Sanders among others.

In a study published in the Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society, researchers detailed the new spider species named Spintharus davidattenboroughi, S barackobamai, S michelleobamaae, and S berniesandersi as well as S davidbowiei and S leonardodicaprioi.

"In naming these spiders, the students and I wanted to honor people who stood up for both human rights and warned about climate change - leaders and artists who promoted sensible approaches for a better world," said Ingi Agnarsson, professor at University of Vermont in the US. Until now, the yellow, smiley-faced spiders in the genus Spintharus - named for a smiley face pattern on their abdomens - have been thought to have one widespread species "from northern North America down to northern Brazil," Agnarsson said.

http://www.dnaindia.com/science/report-new-spider-species-named-after-barack-obama-leonardo-dicaprio-and-bernie-sanders-2548723

5 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

Can he just choose ONE project to do for christs sake??? :p

Yes.   :thumbs_up:

But I think some of this projects are just speculation... because Leo won't be able to do all this, he might produce some of this movies and other actors will star in it. I do think he's going to do Killers of the Flower Moon, it seems this one will actually happen. From all this other projects the ones I like are Devil in the White City ad the Da Vinci biopic, the others I pass... :p but I'am still curious about the Tarantino project, if it's really going to happen and if Leo will be in it, although I don't want him doing the Manson part...  :no:

Jade

From what I've read recently, Flowers of the Killer Moon is supposed to start filming in early 2018 , and, like everyone else here, I HOPE that is true :thumbsup: 

As to the recently mentioned Teddy Roosevelt project,  I may be totally wrong, but I have a feeling that this recent announcement is due to the expiring book option .  The film is based on  Edmund Morris' The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt , and long ago Leo took an option on that book to make it into a film  , but when you do so you have to within  a certain period of time make a film , and if you don't , your  'rights' to the book expire.

Probably the 'rights' were about to expire, so Leo took a  new option on the book to once again retain film rights for a set period of time with hopes of finally it coming to be in future , as now Leo is the age Roosevelt was when he became president 42 :smile: