Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks to fellow Leo fan for reminding me the LACMA Gala is tomorrow night , hope we see some new pix of Leo

LOS ANGELES, United States — Back in 2012, when the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA) honoured Stanley Kubrick and Ed Ruscha at its second annual Art + Film Gala, there was an unplanned, if not unwelcome, turn of events. During the course of the evening, museum trustee (and former Yahoo! chief executive) Terry Semel stood up to address the audience. But he soon relinquished the microphone to Jack Nicholson, who starred in the seminal Kubrick film The Shining. Nicholson’s impromptu speech was followed by another from Matthew Modine, whose career was made by the Kubrick classic Full Metal Jacket.

For attendees, it is unscripted moments like these that make LACMA’s Art + Film Gala unique. Unlike LA’s big awards shows, the event isn’t televised or instantly covered online. The crowd that night in 2012, composed of a who’s who in film, fashion and art — from co-chair Leonardo DiCaprio to Hedi Slimane to John Baldessari — could feel at ease with the intimacy of the event, which allows for the unexpected to occur.

This year’s Art + Film Gala, which will take place on Saturday, October 29, on the LACMA campus, honours artist Robert Irwin and director Kathryn Bigelow. Four years after

https://www.businessoffashion.com/articles/intelligence/lacma-art-film-gala-met-ball

Would love to see that :p

Guys’ Night Out! Leo, Tobey Maguire and Robin Thicke Are the Life of the Party at Casamigos’ Halloween Bash

leonardo-dicaprio-tobey-maguire.webp

These guys stick together.

Nearly two weeks after announcing exclusively to PEOPLE he and Jennifer Meyer were ending their marriage, Tobey Maguire stepped out Friday for a guys’ night with his longtime friend Leonardo DiCaprio at Casamigos’ annual Halloween party in Beverly Hills, California.

Making a low-key arrival around 10 p.m., the star stayed incognito in a blue monkey mask and roamed through the party before meeting up with the Oscar winner after he arrived just before midnight with an entourage.

“They were drinking Casamigos cocktails, having a blast and super upbeat,” says a fellow partygoer about Maguire and DiCaprio. “At the end of the night, Leo was dancing like crazy with Robin Thicke. They were cracking up the other guests.”

Source

Same pix as above without Getty watermark

lacma2016a.jpg

From Hollywood Reporter,  Kathryn Bigelow mentioned Leo in her acceptance speech

Bigelow, seated in between gala co-chair Leonardo DiCaprio and her Detroit producer Megan Ellison, then took to the podium to say thank you to LACMA and Weiner, whom she met upon moving to New York in 1971. “He challenges you constantly: ‘What is the purpose of art? What is the meaning of art?’ ” she explained. “You are struggling with all of these big issues and that challenge never leaves you. It stays with you and forms you and needles you. I carry those conversations with me today. I suppose I am thanking him at the same time as I am thanking you.” 

And, at the same time, she was thanking DiCaprio. 

“Leonardo sent me on this path of philanthropy and awareness,” she noted, referring to the virtual reality short film The Protectors about the dangers of the ivory trade. That film, which she co-created with Imraan Ismail for National Geographic, was on view during the cocktail hour before the gala dinner (menu handled by Patina’s Joachim Splichal, complemented by Laurent-Perrier champagne and Fiji water) and multiple guests including Warner Bros.’ Sue Kroll were spotted trying on the VR headsets to check out the film. “There can be no change without awareness. Challenge yourself and ask why you are doing what you are doing.”

Natgeo posted the full documentary on their youtube channel. I just watch it. It's beautifully shot, the editing is great. It's not really new information but it clarifies the landscape of the fossil fuel industry and the concept of climate change.

I'm still a very positive person but now I understand more why Leo is so pessimistic about it, as I was watching I grew angrier about the politics, the media and the industries in general. Anyways, here it is, lets share this amazing work with the world.

Just watched "BEFORE THE FLOOD" & WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW ...it was AWESOME :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BRAVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LEO :thumbs_up:

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK :thumbs_up:

I said it before zillion times & I say it again that I`m soooooooooooooooooooooo proud of being a huge fan of this beautiful sweet kind lovely man & a great human being/environmentalist & an amazingly talented actor :heart: love him sooooooooo much :wub::wub::wub:

BIG THANKS dear Leo fans for the wonderful Leo goodies :flower:         

Hopefully larger versions of the pix below will surface , new pix of Leo , Tobey & Otis at café in Beverly Hills

aflo_stia137364.jpg aflo_stia137365.jpg aflo_stia137366.jpg aflo_stia137367.jpg

Leo /Before the Flood

Echoing the sentiments of others here, I'm very proud of Leo's efforts in this docu to make sure all are aware of the long lasting /future effects of the climate change we see today. :thumbsup::thumbsup: