Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

14 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Leo's rep has issued an official  statement regarding the Malaysian issue

“Several months ago in July, Mr. DiCaprio first learned through press reports of the government’s civil action against some of the parties involved in the making of The Wolf of Wall Street,” said a spokesperson. “He immediately had his representatives reach out to the Department of Justice to determine whether he or his foundation, the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation (LDF), ever received any gifts or charitable donations directly or indirectly related to these parties, and if so, to return those gifts or donations as soon as possible.

All contact was initiated by Mr. DiCaprio and LDF. Both Mr. DiCaprio and LDF continue to be entirely supportive of all efforts to assure that justice is done in this matter. Mr. DiCaprio is grateful for the lead and instruction of the government on how to accomplish this.

“Out of respect for its ongoing investigation, which has touched many charities, hospitals and individuals, who may have been unwitting recipients of funds now in question, Mr. DiCaprio has refrained from public comment throughout this period of investigation. He will continue to limit his statements on this matter

more here from a real reliable broadcast CBS news 

LOS ANGELES -- Leonardo DiCaprio says he’s awaiting direction from the U.S. Justice Department regarding any ill-gotten funds that may have supported his environmental foundation or 2013 film “The Wolf of Wall Street.”

The Oscar-winning actor released a statement through his representatives Tuesday saying he will return any gifts or donations connected to a Malaysian wealth fund, pending a fraud investigation of that fund by the U.S. and other countries. Court filings in connection with the investigations allege a complex money laundering scheme intended to enrich top-level officials of the Malaysian government-controlled wealth fund.

“Both Mr. DiCaprio and (the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation) continue to be entirely supportive of all efforts to assure that justice is done in this matter,” the statement said. “Mr. DiCaprio is grateful for the lead and instruction of the government on how to accomplish this.”

The Justice Department says that at least $3.5 billion has been stolen from the wealth fund, known as 1MDB, by people close to Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak. Najib created the fund in 2009 shortly after he took office to promote economic development projects in the Asian nation, but the fund accumulated billions in debts over the years.

The Justice Department has initiated action to seize $1.3 billion it says was taken from the fund to buy assets in the U.S., including luxury properties in New York and California, a $35 million jet, art by Vincent Van Gogh and Claude Monet, and financing of “The Wolf of Wall Street,” according to federal government complaints filed in Los Angeles in July.

The government complaints also say that more than $700 million has landed in the accounts of “Malaysian Official 1.” They didn’t name the official, but appear to be referring to Najib.

Leonardo DiCaprio pushed to repay donations from Malaysian embezzlement scheme
The Justice Department complaints also do not mention DiCaprio by name, but make an oblique reference to “Hollywood Actor 1,” who during his Golden Globe acceptance speech thanked “the entire production team” and singled out several people close to Najib implicated in the scandal as “collaborators” on the film. DiCaprio won the Golden Globe for his “Wolf of Wall Street” performance.

The Justice Department complaints identify the collaborators by name, including Najib’s stepson, Riza Shahriz Abdul Aziz, who co-founded movie production company Red Granite Pictures. Besides “The Wolf of Wall Street,” other films produced by Red Granite include 2015’s “Daddy’s Home” and 2014’s “Dumb and Dumber To.”

Last week, a Swiss rainforest charity demanded that DiCaprio resign from his post as a United Nations “Messenger of Peace” if he doesn’t disclose his financial ties to the Malaysian fund. But on Monday, a U.N. spokesman expressed continued support for the actor.

Stephane Dujarric said he understands that DiCaprio’s foundation is working with the relevant authorities in the U.S. to resolve the issue.

“We continue to welcome his public work on behalf of climate change,” Dujarric said.

Najib has consistently denied any wrongdoing since allegations of massive fraud in the fund erupted last year. He remains firmly in political control by clamping down on critics and because of unwavering support of most ruling party members. The opposition is too weak in Malaysia to dislodge him.

Democracy group Bersih plans to hold a mass street rally on Nov. 19 to demand Najib’s immediate resignation to allow an independent investigation in Malaysia into the financial scandal.

source: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/leonardo-dicaprio-cooperating-with-the-doj-on-malaysian-money-scandal-investigation/

THANKS A MILLION dear Leo fans for the updates :flower:

Definitely agree with this InStyle article :drool:

Leonardo DiCaprio Looks Better Than Ever at Paris Premiere of Before the Flood

101816-leonardo-dicaprio.jpg

Like a fine wine or a pair of worn-in jeans, Leonardo DiCaprio seems to just get better and better with age.

After over 25 years in the spotlight, the 41-year-old is still bringing his red carpet A-game to every premiere, awards show, and high-profile event. Just last night, DiCaprio pulled yet another dashing suit-and-tie confection out his sleeve at the Paris premiere of climate change documentary, Before the Flood.

The actor wore a deep navy suit and a striped tie to the Parisian event, his hair slicked back in a polished manner, his soul-searching turquoise eyes ready to melt any and every willing heart.

DiCaprio looks handsome under most circumstances, but something about the clean-cut look he wore on Monday stands out from the rest—perhaps the defining factor is his passion for this particular project. The Oscar-winner looked somber yet determined in Paris yesterday, eager to effect change and raise awareness for global warming.

Devotion looks good on you, Leo.

10 hours ago, oxford25 said:

Definitely agree with this InStyle article :drool:

Leonardo DiCaprio Looks Better Than Ever at Paris Premiere of Before the Flood

101816-leonardo-dicaprio.jpg

Like a fine wine or a pair of worn-in jeans, Leonardo DiCaprio seems to just get better and better with age.

TOTALLY AGREE with that InStyle article :woot::baronfaint:

BIG THANKS dear Oxford for the updates :flower:

Interesting interview with Fisher Stevens regarding making of Before the Flood

He talks about Leo's near death diving experience , as well as,  problems they encountered while flying over Sumatra  

Then, the pair went diving together and Leo almost drowned

“The second time we properly hung out together was in 2010 when I was invited to film Sylvia Earle for a TED conference expedition to the Galapagos. Leo was on the expedition. I was filming Sylvia and I had this little easy camera to shoot underwater, and he was Sylvia’s diving buddy, so I said, would you film Sylvia? And he said, 'Yeah I love it man, I love it'. I was diving buddies with Edward Norton. So we go down and we see 300 Eagle Rays and Spotted Rays and it was an amazing dive. Leo bolts away with Sylvia, and Edward goes in front of me and the next thing I know after twenty minutes I’d lost them all. Then, I see Leo buddy breathing, because Leo’s tank was leaking oxygen, and Edward had to save him! It was pretty crazy. But he actually did get some film for me and it was good for a second and then it got pretty shaky when he couldn’t breathe. But we really bonded on that trip.”

Which was followed by a near death experience

“This is crazy. Once, we were in a helicopter flying over Sumatra, filming the palm oil fires. Suddenly, we were in the middle of all this smoke. Then the mountains started to get higher, and then all of a sudden the cloud came in. We couldn’t move. I was freaking out. For ten whole minutes, I was like, 'We’re done, we’re finished. This is the worst idea we have ever had filming this thing.' I’m much more vocal than Leo though. I’m very vocal. You can hear me off screen going going 'AAAAH WHAT THE F*CK!' And Leo’s calmly saying, 'Fisher, what are we doing? Where are we? How did this happen?' We had some very harrowing moments and that was the most harrowing.

And another one...

"We also had a really rough flight from the Arctic to Greenland in this old, old plane, that seemed like it was built during the great war. We would play cards to try and take our minds off

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/leonardo-dicaprio-before-the-flood

This site have more pics of Leo and Nina.

http://www.forumgwiazd.com.pl/oferty/ys5d8aom

More info:

10/14/16 Malibu, CA - Actor, Leonardo DiCaprio, and his hot model girlfriend, Nina Agdal, take a trip out to Malibu this afternoon to do some casual house hunting for some new $10,000,000.00 beachfront property. The couple and their Realtor survey the gorgeous views that envelop the property. DiCaprio and Agdal keep close as they soak up the potential of their possible new home together. The couple then make their way down the property's star way to the actual beach. Nina, obviously enthused, rushes to the water with Leo where she playfully frolics in the sand and holds hands with her actor beau.

Sounds like Leo will be attending a screening tonight of Before the Flood for United Nations along with Sec John Kerry

Fisher Stevens @fisherstevensbk 4h4 hours ago

Screening Before The Flood tonight at the #unitednations with Sect. Gen Ban Kee Moon and Sect.Kerry and @LeoDiCaprio..we are honored

John KerryVerified account @JohnKerry 22m22 minutes ago

Looking forward to screening at @UN of @BeforeTheFlood_ from @LeoDiCaprio. Sobering and inspirational call to #ActonClimate