Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

1 hour ago, dicaprihoes said:

Wow that's amazing ! Thank you ! <3

From People Magazine

Leonardo DiCaprio Raises $45 Million at His Star-Studded Third Annual Auction Gala in St. Tropez

Leonardo DiCaprio has hit a new fundraising record this year.

The Oscar winner raised nearly $45 million at his third annual Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Auction Gala in St. Tropez, France on Wednesday. Last year's event raised $40 million.

A-list attendees included Bono, Chris Rock, Mariah Carey, Tobey Maguire, Jonah Hill, Naomi Campbell, Bradley Cooper and Edward Norton as well as supermodels Constance Jablonski, Joan Smalls, Doutzen Kroes and Lily Donaldson.

Prince Albert of Monaco was honored with the foundation's first New World Leadership Award.

Lana del Rey, the Weeknd and Andrea Bocelli performed at the star-studded soirée.

DiCaprio, 41, and LDF, which was created in 1998, hosted a silent and live auction with funds raised supporting environmental awareness efforts and research for climate change, conservation and preservation grants across the globe.

In addition to the environmental causes, the event honored victims and survivors of the recent Nice attacks with LDF donating a portion of the evening's proceeds to GiveforFrance.org.

A short video of Leo and Abel

Marinebing

As you can see in the articles that Dicaprihoes & I posted they state a portion of last night's proceeds would go to Give For France,   however , I did notice in several other articles that they stated at the start of the gala that Leo announced that besides a portion of the fundraiser proceeds go to the fund, that he would ,also, be making a personal donation to the fund :smile: 

1 hour ago, oxford25 said:

Marinebing

As you can see in the articles that Dicaprihoes & I posted they state a portion of last night's proceeds would go to Give For France,   however , I did notice in several other articles that they stated at the start of the gala that Leo announced that besides a portion of the fundraiser proceeds go to the fund, that he would ,also, be making a personal donation to the fund :smile: 

thank you Oxford25, it's a very touching gesture from him

I wanted to post the comments written by someone who attended Leo's LDF gala last night,   really nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 

craigrclemensLast night supporting the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation with my beautiful lady

45 million was raised for environmental causes... and the event was bananas
The auction was the wildest part

Those who know me know I love a good auction! Sarah was threatening to handcuff me so I couldn't make any dumb bids ?

However little did I know... last night I stood no chance of even being in the game!
I think the lowest priced item went for 150,000 Euros - the Sword from Conan The Barbarian, auctioned off by Arnold Schwarzenegger himself
The highest item was a real Picasso for 3.5M euro!

A Jeff Koons work went for like 1.6M. Trips I've seen go for around 25k at other events - e.g. One week stay in Palm Springs - were going for around 250k!

It was fun watching the billionaires battle it out, for a great cause

Leo is one of my favorite actors and I love how he uses his platform for not just banging models, but bettering the world

Polar Explorer Robert Swan says that the single biggest danger to our planet is 'thinking someone else is going to save it for us' . I give props to Leo for taking this matter into his own hands... and moving a lot of other big names (and big money) to do the same

I wonder if maybe as a kid, his dream was to better the planet... and he just decided to become a famous actor to have a great platform to do it?

Probably not. But that would be pretty damn awesome if he did. Leo, if you are reading this, feel free to take that story and run with it

Either way, well done to all involved with the LDF! This foundation is the shit and we are proud to support it