Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

14 hours ago, oxford25 said:

The article shows pix of the 200 people waiting in Georgetown last night hoping to see Leo when he left the 1789 restaurant :p 

http://thetab.com/us/georgetown/2016/02/23/leonardo-dicaprio-georgetown-last-night-2119

When I read this leo mania popped immmediatly into my mind. I was too young back then but I have the feeling Leos popularity at the moment is the most highest since that time :p

Thanks ox for sharing all the new articles and interviews. Love Maggie Smith :heart:

And thanks all for the kind words and detailed opinions. It's always a pleasure to read :) Leos fans are just the best!!!

People.com have a video on Bryan maybe causing an upset on Sunday. Not watched it. It seems that each day the Leo supporters get louder and more excited, so do the haters. An academy voter spoke about who he voted and he has so much hate for The Revenant and Leo, even voting for other movies out of spite. So childish and ridiculous.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/oscar-voter-destroys-the-revenant-a-film-in-which-leonardo-dicaprio-keeps-falling-down-and-getting-a6893421.html

Its certainly made me more nervous for Sunday. 

Barbie

Yes,  it would be great if one's local area had  a Leo celebration gathering place,  but for me,  that is why I'm so grateful for this forum of Leo fans :heart:

As  I know that on Oscar night, just like me , they'll be hoping for  many possible glances of Leo on the red carpet or during telecast  , and that they will be feeling hopeful and anxious to the BA category is announced, and if Leo does indeed win BA , like me,  they will cheering, jumping around shouting as they are alternately wipe tears from their eyes

While at the same time well knowing in my heart that regardless of the outcome of the Oscars that on Monday morning their perception of Leo as an extremely talented  actor and as a caring person will not have changed one bit, and that they will be looking as excitedly toward news of his next film project and following it  as they did when The Revenant was first announced.

As Jade said above,  and as I've experienced all the years I have followed Leo , Leo fans are the best , their loyalty/support is not attached to a certain

performance or movie , or physical look on Leo,  or award , but rather to watching and experiencing a talented artist as he  evolves with each passing year :) 

Jade

Tks for more Leo magazine covers  & BAFTA pix;  love that whenever photographer John Russo's post his Leo covers on his Instagram page he is always so  complimentary of Leo :)

4 hours ago, Fairymary said:

People.com have a video on Bryan maybe causing an upset on Sunday. Not watched it. It seems that each day the Leo supporters get louder and more excited, so do the haters. An academy voter spoke about who he voted and he has so much hate for The Revenant and Leo, even voting for other movies out of spite. So childish and ridiculous.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/oscar-voter-destroys-the-revenant-a-film-in-which-leonardo-dicaprio-keeps-falling-down-and-getting-a6893421.html

Its certainly made me more nervous for Sunday. 

I didn't watch the PEOPLE vid either, but I'm hoping they are just saying that because Variety did and just following them. 

Ever since SAG I wasn't even nervous, but now these last few days have changed things For me. I'm not as confident anymore. But the thing is the critics have been complaining all season long. Yet it didn't stop the Academy from giving The Revenant 12 nominations. Not all of them like it obviously, but there's still a big enough support. Bryan Cranston's film Trumbo couldn't even get a best picture nomination and he hasn't won anything major. Plus Leo hasn't done anything bad to warrant a majority of AMPAS deciding not to vote for him all of a sudden. 

The only thing is that I don't recall in the past, there being a favourite to win, with all the major precursors won... and then that person getting bashed in the media. That's what makes things feel different now. But it shouldn't matter that much. Also if most of the Academy is jealous of Leo and don't vote for him out of spite, I mean the Academy can be very petty but I'm putting faith that the majority of them won't be that ridiculous. But freaking Ben Affleck didn't even get a best director nomination for Argo.... His film won best picture!!!! So you never know with them. Right now I think Leo has it. And I'll obviously be very happy if does indeed win. But if he loses... honestly I'd be devastated, no positive spin to put on that one. I'm sure Leo would be hurt too, any actor would be if they won everything but by the time the big award comes along they vote for someone else. It's hurtful for anyone. But anyways no point in thinking about that yet. Voting ended yesterday, so the winners are decided. 4 more days and we'll know :) 

Below is interview with girl who used to be Leo's assistant during time of Aviator

I posted link so you can see some of the gifts that either Leo or Marty gave the crew after the film shoot ended

Here's What It's Like To Be Leonardo DiCaprio's Assistant

Back on Halloween night in 2003, Kasi Brown found herself talking to her friend and boss Leonardo DiCaprio about whether she would have the energy to go to a party later that evening.

DiCaprio and Brown, his assistant, were in the actor's trailer as they waited to go back to the set of "The Aviator," the film that would eventually earn DiCaprio his first of four nominations in the Best Actor category at the Academy Awards (the latest of which DiCaprio may finally win this Sunday for his role in "The Revenant").

But DiCaprio wasn't interested in that. He wanted to talk about Halloween. 

"'Halloween is my favorite holiday,'" Brown recalled DiCaprio telling her. The holiday was Brown's favorite, too, so she asked why. 

"His face got serious and he said he liked the anonymity," Brown told The Huffington Post over an email. "He said it was nice to be able to walk amongst people and interact with them without recognition. Just be like everybody else without any expectation."

Throughout the fall of 2003, Brown would come to understand this desire, as she was simultaneously embedded into DiCaprio's day-to-day life and entrusted with protecting various aspects of it. Occasionally, when DiCaprio was out of his trailer, Brown would hold an umbrella over his head so that the paparazzi "couldn’t snap photos of him making weird faces while he rehearsed," as Brown explained.

Because of their long hours together, Brown and DiCaprio found points of connection. One was Halloween. Another was rap music. 

"Leo and I always had fun on set," said Brown. She claimed that they particularly bonded over how they "love[d] to observe people and goof around playing characters, doing accents, whatever."

One recurring joke between the pair involved acting as if DiCaprio were the archetypal celebrity.

"Sometimes, I would pretend that he was the stereotype of an entitled celebrity and when he would ask me to do something, I would bow and in a beaten-down voice say, 'Yes, sir, anything you like sir, anything else, sir?' and he would laugh and tell me to knock it off," Brown said. 

Brown got the job by way of a particularly lucky connection. In 1999, Brown moved from Kansas to Los Angeles to pursue her Hollywood dream. Her best friend at the time was working as DiCaprio's assistant on 2002's "Catch Me If You Can." When this friend again assisted DiCaprio as he started filming "The Aviator" in Montreal, Brown headed to Canada to hang out with her.

During the day, Brown would visit the set. At night, Brown, her friend and DiCaprio "would go out on the town."

"Those Montreal girls were crazy for him!" said Brown. "One punched me in the arm in a club to get close to him." 

So when the set relocated to Los Angeles and her friend moved on to assist Kate Hudson, Brown was already in a prime position to be the replacement. Making it an even more seamless transition was the fact that Brown and her friend have nearly the same name, though with different spellings. And so, Kasi Brown became the new Kayce Brown.

"She asked me if I was interested in taking over the position," Kasi Brown recalled over email. "I thought, why not? It would give me the opportunity, as a filmmaker, to watch Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio work. I’d be an idiot to turn down a learning opportunity like that!"

While on set, Brown learned many things about DiCaprio. He was "very smart." He knew quite a bit about "politics, pop culture, history, you name it." He had a "wicked sense of humor" and would spend his rare down-time chatting with everybody on the set, including crew and extras.

At the end of filming, DiCaprio gave the entire crew embroidered flight bags with a note written in the style of Howard Hughes, the eccentric business tycoon DiCaprio played in the movie.

"He's extremely down to earth, and he likes to share stories and life experiences with people," said Brown.

But Brown also learned from the young actor. Witnessing DiCaprio's relentless devotion to his craft ended up being an inspiration to her.

"On the way to set one day, I saw that he kept stepping on all the cracks and spots on the floor in our path," Brown recalled. "He was playing Howard Hughes, who has OCD, and I realized that he was getting into character."

At the very end of the shoot, Brown even got to act alongside DiCaprio, with Martin Scorsese directing her. The actress that played DiCaprio's mother in the movie wasn't available to do a particular reshoot, so Brown stepped in to play the offscreen ghost for the last scene of the movie.

Brown said that she had memorized the Southern drawl the former actress had used and was able to imitate the original performance. "When they cut, Marty came up to me and said, 'You’re an actress!' and Leo stepped off set and said, 'Kasi!' in an impressed voice," Brown said. "They both made me feel really good about my acting and the work that I was doing to learn everything I could on set while assisting Leo."

After they finished filming "The Aviator" and DiCaprio was no longer her boss, Brown and her former club-mate still kept in touch. As Brown worked on her own projects, DiCaprio remained encouraging, inviting her to submit to his production company, Appian Way, and giving feedback on a sketch comedy show she produced nearly a decade later.

Finally in 2015, Brown fulfilled her goal of making her own movie when she wrote and directed the comedy "Gone Doggy Gone" with her partner Brandon Walter. According to Brown, DiCaprio, "gave [her] encouragement all along the way," despite all the years that had passed. 

At least from Brown's account, DiCaprio seems to be someone who'd like to achieve being "just like everybody else without any expectation" by helping those around him achieve their own dreams. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/leonardo-dicaprio-assistant-kasi-brown_us_56c4b64be4b0c3c550535c51?ir=Celebrity&section=us_celebrity&utm_hp_ref=celebrity

1 hour ago, Shandy said:

Yes, I read that Brutally Honest Oscar ballot piece today and it broke my heart. So many are rooting for him to succeed, and I will never understand how people can so easily diminish the talent of someone so purely gifted.

I agree with those who say he doesn't need an Oscar but he most definitely deserves it.  

SAG confirmed things for me too, @FashionDream! Now I'm starting to get antsy. But I'll keep my eyes on the prize. If Leo loses this award, I won't be watching the Oscars again. There's already so much controversy this year. Giving Leo his rightful award would be a step in the right direction. I'm ready for this season to be over too.

I just read the article and it seems like this person doesn't like anybody so it doesn't really scare me, I just wish we knew who that jerk is haha

And + 1 I can't wait 'til award seasons is done, too emotional for us :D I'm pretty sure there would be riot if he doesn't win, and always some people to say "i told you he wouldn't win" but because sometimes it's "too cool" to not like the frontrunners. 

what is more interesting is that a simply opinion for just one voter of the a cademy can go so easy as a big news, is simply Jealousy from this people, who cares really, we should not pay  attention in to these negatives articles, that's what they are, and if at the end Leo don't get the award the academy will show they have something against him.

As we all know Leo often attends pre Oscar parties , however he usually doesn't pose for photogs  entering/exiting such events, but  there is at least one pre Oscar event that Leo will attend and we will get new pix of him :excited::excited:

Sat Feb 27th

Giorgio Armani Celebrates The Revenant
Giorgio Armani, 436 N. Rodeo Dr., Beverly Hills

The chic 90210 boutique opens its doors for a Roberta Armani-hosted cocktail event on its private terrace overlooking Rodeo Drive to toast Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu's The Revenant. Expect to see the director along cast members in attendance at this private event, specifically Armani favorites and best actor Oscar front-runner Leonardo DiCaprio, most like Cate Blanchett, and best supporting actor nominee Tom Hardy. Well-known Hollywood DJ Zen Freeman will be spinning tunes. 

I remember to watch a while a go a video from a oscar roundtable, that leo was, and Penelope Cruz said that she realized she was famous in the moment she was walking with her dad, and someone said "i love you" to her, and 2 minutes later another person cursed her. 

Also remember Leo laughing so much of her story.

You know why? because he gets it. Leo is in this business for a very long time, he went through a time when he was from "the best new actor of his generation" to "the hearthrob" to "his not a good actor at all" to "the underdog" to "the best actor ever". I cant think of anyone else who has been through this stuff with such grace and awareness of his true love for art and movies. 

If Leo wins on sunday, its gonna be the most amazing thing, to see all those academy members finally recognizing his talent and his amazing work in this year.

If doesnt win, well to me is gonna be testemony that the academy has yet so much to learn, about reward the greats in the right time. 

I'm confident, I think he will win, and I think its gonna be a beautiful night, I hope so. 

But I know, from being a fan of this man for almost 20 years, that  well he can handle all the pressure and always surprise us. Winning or not, the world is gonna pay attention to only one man in that room. and that's our guy, our Leo. and waiting for his next project. 

Also people dont forget, he is almost in every single article on internet right now, and is just for one reason: people click on the news when his name is there. simple as that.

3 hours ago, oxford25 said:

As we all know Leo often attends pre Oscar parties , however he usually doesn't pose for photogs  entering/exiting such events, but  there is at least one pre Oscar event that Leo will attend and we will get new pix of him :excited::excited:

and tom hardy is gonna be there too, I looooove their bromance, hardy is always so caring and playful with leo.

I guess that means he will attend on sunday, wishing all the best for him too

Great interview with Leo's long time make up artist, thanks ox.  And she did an amazing job, hope she gets recognized, although I think make up will go to Mad Max.  

And talking about Revenant, I saw the movie again today, the theater was crowded, so nice!   :clap:And ahh, I loved to watch the second time, my emotions were the same or even more intense, this movie is violent and brutal but to me is more about beauty and poetry.   :heart: And honestly, not because I'm a Leo fan but his performance is just magnificent!   :baronfaint:

Damn girls, you are all making me cry right now, seriously.  :cry: Just reading your comments here about Leo made so emotional, Leo fans are truly the best and you girls from this forum are the sweetest.   LOVE YOU ALL!!!    :grouphug:  :heart:

Also, thanks for all the updates.