Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Michael Caine brings up Leo in this.... I don't really like the way he said it but hey he did say he loved leo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3411695/Oscar-nominations-not-sake-diversity-says-Sir-Michael-Caine.html

Tom Oneil allegedly has a new podcast mentioning the Revenant screening issue for SAG and how it could effect Leo. I didn't listen to it myself, but I hope it is a non issue.

28 minutes ago, FashionDream said:

Michael Caine brings up Leo in this.... I don't really like the way he said it but hey he did say he loved leo

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3411695/Oscar-nominations-not-sake-diversity-says-Sir-Michael-Caine.html

Tom Oneil allegedly has a new podcast mentioning the Revenant screening issue for SAG and how it could effect Leo. I didn't listen to it myself, but I hope it is a non issue.

I saw podcast he did a while back.  I personally don't like the guy. He is not rooting for Leo. When all the critics were choosing Leo's performance to win all major awards, he wanted Fassbender to win. I'm positive that the SAG voters saw it in plenty of time. Otherwise why would Leo even be considered? Tom Oniel's just saying this because he's probably pissed his choice is not winning anything.

7 hours ago, mz_linz said:

I saw podcast he did a while back.  I personally don't like the guy. He is not rooting for Leo. When all the critics were choosing Leo's performance to win all major awards, he wanted Fassbender to win. I'm positive that the SAG voters saw it in plenty of time. Otherwise why would Leo even be considered? Tom Oniel's just saying this because he's probably pissed his choice is not winning anything.

Some are saying that many could have nominated him just by the buzz he was getting and by the trailer. But not actually seeing it. But I figure a good chunk would have seen it because of all the screenings Leo went to. And even if not, doesn't really matter because he's nominated now. Sure late releases suffer with SAG.... Christoph waltz never got nominated for Django, Leo never got nominated for wolf ,etc but that's not the case with Leo. Apparently a smaller number of people nominate whereas a much larger group actually vote for winners, but I don't know if that matter. Sure SAG voters can allegedly have started picking their winners back in mid December but, if they are professionals they'd wait until they've seen all the films what's the rush.... Isn't ballots due Jan 29?? Plus The Revenant is not some small indie film it's always been a talked about film, so it's highly likely these people will actively go out to watch it even if they didn't get an actual screening. But I don't know the details of the SAG process, could be something I'm missing or getting wrong.

in regards to Tom Oneil, he's been predicting Leo to win for as long as I can remember but it's true that they are not really picking who they want to see win they are just picking who they think the Academy or whoever will vote for. Some even think that's what the critics choice do too that they pick who they think the Academy Will pick so that their show appears more credible, so they are taken seriously people will watch their show celebs will attend that kind of thing. Is that actually tre, I don't know.  But when it comes to Oneil's credibility he appears pretty well connected and smart when it comes to the process of award season and people seem to take him seriously. He claimed that after Eddie won Eddie gave him a call thanking him. But if it's true that he has something against Leo like you said, (I never heard him say anything bad about Leo but again I don't listen to everything he says) then hopefully he's the minority and doesn't represent the kind of people who are actually apart of SAG. I'll keep the faith that the majority of voters will do the right thing

Everything has been going VERY well so far so I pray things continue to go smoothly and go the way we want :) 

but on another note...... The whole "diversity" thing is really taking over award season. It's a major thing and all anyone is really talking about. Not just diversity but the general snubs too. Everything seems to be about who didn't get nominated as opposed to who actually got nominated. The academy is certainly getting a TON of backlash. It's an awkward time for the people nominated, academy, just feels like an awkward environment for everyone right now

edit I see the Academy have adopted a way to help solve the diversity issue. So hopefully the controversy can fade out a bit for the rest of award season 

Short clip from the FX special of Leo rehearsing scene in his white tee with his costar Forest  :p 

Kat & Lucky Girl 

Tks for videos :)

Jade

Tks for larger Leo pix ,  as well as,   candid IG pix :)

Noticed in pix that Leo's hand appears to be on paint brush, I wonder if that was some type of drawing different people were contributing to ?

Barbie

Tks for  another Davos pix :) 

DGA Screening ;)

tuC4NsQP.jpg
Best movie I've seen in years... The Revenant.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA3xhQpNgiK/

z0cgs8eM.jpg
#Iñárritu & #DiCaprio tonight. I know who's getting my best actor SAG Award vote! #TheRevenant
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA35cutErlh/

djzEl53s.jpg
It was a long standing ovation for director #AlejandroInarritu and #LeonardoDiCaprio for #TheRevenant screening at the #DGA. Bravo!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BA4C5PTvH2X/