Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Watched Jan 182016

Lauren Wilford’s review:

It's hard to talk about The Revenant without talking about its detractors, which are sure only to grow louder and more numerous as the Oscars draw nearer. We are over Iñárritu, says twitter. His movies are too ponderous, too indulgent, too long, too grueling, too technical, too beautiful, too CINEMATIC.

Mark Harris, a critic I love and with whom I usually agree, recently said he'd "happily trade a few movie houses full of empty-headed swooshy-camera 'pure cinema'" for more of the "sharp writing and characterization" that he sees on the best TV (www.slate.com/articles/arts/the_movie_club/features/2015/best_movies_2015/creed_turns_rocky_s_narrative_inside_out_and_adds_some_color.html).This is the kind of cynicism that I've seen more and more from critics lately: that a focus on form and style is somehow "empty," that we need to get back to film as a storytelling medium, dammit, and that anything beyond that is just showing (or jerking) off.

So the response to The Revenant is interesting to me in that it reveals the sharp divide among film critics about what film IS, what film is FOR.

http://letterboxd.com/laurenwilf/film/the-revenant-2015/

i came across this review of  Lauren Wilford of The Revenant and i like  her perspective. i have to wait until the first week of February to see the movie tho.

On 1/19/2016 at 10:24 PM, EnZed said:

Forgot to thank you for this. Thanks for the interview scans! Very interesting read :chicken: 

Found this on IMDB.....I don't remember reading this news or seeing it posted on here. But the Leo/Jonah movie that was supposedly in the works that Clint Eastwood was attached to? Clint confirmed he will not be directing it.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/clint-eastwood-feted-says-he-is-not-doing-the-richard-jewell-movie-and-has-choice-words-for-michael-moore-cinemacon-1201414540/

I like Clint, but his films can be very hit (Gran Tarino) or miss (J. Edgar). I REEALLY need him to work with David Fincher :cry: Coen brothers too!

Anybody director Leo hasn't worked with yet that you want to see him work with?

A few more Davos  climate summit pix

The journalist who posted the pix below in his blog wrote :p

It was also the Crystal Night because we had the Crystal Awards, including Leonardo DiCaprio who is far taller than I thought.

http://www.biznews.com/wef/davos-2016/2016/01/20/davos-diary-day-one-leonardo-dicaprio-lewis-pugh-urge-ocean-protection/ 

Leo_Di_Caprio_Davos_2016.jpg

Kat

Tks for update on Leo/Jonah Hill/Richard Jewell project ;  while I definitely would like to see Leo work again with Jonah, I'm hoping his next project will be Devil In

White City :)

Like me you I would liv

Barbie

Tks for more Leo vids , you always do a good job of finding ones I haven't seen :) 

Like you I would love to see him work with Fincher or Coen brothers  

Comments from People magazine interview with  Revenant actor Arthur Redcloud  about working with Leo

arthur-redcloud-600.jpg

For Arthur Redcloud, a previously unknown Native American actor, making The Revenant alongside Leonardo DiCaprio and Alejandro Gonzalez Iñárritu was nothing short of a spiritual journey.

"Before I worked with Leo I wasn't concerned with his fame or popularity, I was more worried about his spirit," the actor tells PEOPLE. "And when we first met, I knew he had such a calm and strong spirit – it took me by surprise more than anything.

http://www.people.com/article/arthur-redcloud-leonardo-dicaprios-strong-spirit-how-eating-raw-bison-liver-honored-ancestors  

Article about Leo's foundation donation announced at Davos summit yesterday

Oscar-nominated Leonardi DiCaprio is at the World Economic Forum in Davos, where he received a Crystal Award for "improving the state of the world."

And on Tuesday evening, the actor pledged to give $15 million more through his foundation to help decrease the world's dependency on fossil fuels and improve the environment.

DiCaprio says less than 3% of all philanthropic giving goes toward "defending our planet." But business leaders like Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos have begun to change that, and he'll do the same.

"Professor Mark Jacobson and a team of researchers at Stanford University have proven that we can meet the world’s total energy demand using existing renewable technology by 2050," DiCaprio told the audience at WEF. "This transition is not only the right thing for our worldit makes clear economic sense and it is possible within our lifetime... Our planet cannot be saved unless we leave fossil fuels in the ground where they belong."

The $15 million will go to projects and partnerships, from a grant to protect rainforests to an alliance his foundation has set up with Google to help prevent overfishing.

Some more Davos Climate pix

Barbie

Tks for more press conference pix :)