Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

9 hours ago, FashionDream said:

I don't get it....when the film first screened there was such high buzz for the film and Leo's performance. Now the film isnt really getting major love and now that more people have seen Leo's performance they are saying he's just OK. I see on the New York Times they wrote an article on their Oscar predictions and most of them don't even have Leo listed as being nominated :blink:  But personally I think Leo will get nominated.

first we have to hope for a good The Revenant opening weekend and BAFTA nod (Jan 8th) Second that he wins the Golden Globe (Jan 10th) and that he gets the Oscar nod and for me that Jacob Tremblay and Paul Dano do not go lead (I won't get into why I think they are a major threat, I'll wait until the nominations are announced because no point discussing it yet when nominations haven't been announced yet. I'll just say that I'll be very happy when I see they are not nominated as lead (Jan 14) and that's it.........after Jan 14 I'll wonder about the other dates. But 1 and a half weeks of events is enough to wonder about for now. I'm mainly thinking about the near future :)

hi, first time to post but i"ve been lurking here for years! thank you for the effort you put in to have people like me updated everyday. i would have been content to just read quietly but i just wanted to post about my frustration about this award season. i"m really baffled as to the attitude these critics are having towards Leo. There is in fact an anti-Leo campaign going on, sort of anyone but Leo for best actor. All the negativity is really directed to the best actor race -- the other acting categories don't have this kind of vitriol. i am really just perplexed why they are singling  out Leo and the smackdown is downright nasty. I know he's not the most engaging actor around especially around the media but the level of nastiness going around is really surprising. 

IDK where you guys are seeing this but all I'm seeing on twitter and social media are mega praise for Leo's performance. Some film critics haven't been huge fans of the movie so far but what seems to be certain is that Leos performance is top notch :idk: 

And if theres a better actor than him this year then I guess there is. I would love for him to win every award in the world but there are other very talented actors out there that put in great performances this year too. Leo one of the best respected actors in the business if not the MOST respected and looked up to currently. These award shows award the performance not the actors entire career. Which we know if they gave out awards for stellar acting careers Leo would have every one :p

Welcome @lakemeader :) 

6 minutes ago, katchitup said:

IDK where you guys are seeing this but all I'm seeing on twitter and social media are mega praise for Leo's performance. Some film critics haven't been huge fans of the movie so far but what seems to be certain is that Leos performance is top notch :idk: 

Welcome @lakemeader :) 

thanks for the welcome katchitup ?. there's been a persistent one who's been making snide remarks evenwhen he has not seen the movie and has continued to do so. this makes me sad as he's known as a smart one and is also quite respected  but his catty remarks have turned me off that i've unfolllowed him. i've actually unfollowed a number of them since a few weeks ago because i feel that the criticism have really been offside. also very unfair because they're rolling their eyes at leo for saying it was a difficult film to make  when they reward far less talented actors for having overcome difficult circumstances to make a movie. so much hypocrisy really. i want to enumerate who these are just to see if there might be a concerrted campaign there to knock him down from frontrunner status but i wouldnt want to post as this forum seems to be also a favorite destination of those who love to hate leo ?

Latest box office estimates

Box Office@BoxOffice

The Revenant took in an estimated $450,000 this weekend from 4 locations this weekend and has grossed $1.32M to date domestically #TheRevenant :excited:

Jade

Love the 'popping ' review & tks for pix :D

Kat

Definitely agree whenever I've surfed Twitter /award blogs / the Trades , I've seen overwhelming positivity regarding Leo's performance & his award prospects 

Personally for me , since I , nor any of us , has any control over what will happen between now & February 28th , I'm not worrying /stressing over it , instead I'm just going to enjoy all the new pix & vids we will  get of Leo from all the award shows he's nominated for as well as all the parties /Bafta Tea that he will attend :excited:

LeoLover

Be still my heart , great new pix , tks :excited:

Lakemeader

Welcome :D

50 minutes ago, lakemeader said:

thanks for the welcome katchitup ?. there's been a persistent one who's been making snide remarks evenwhen he has not seen the movie and has continued to do so. this makes me sad as he's known as a smart one and is also quite respected  but his catty remarks have turned me off that i've unfolllowed him. i've actually unfollowed a number of them since a few weeks ago because i feel that the criticism have really been offside. also very unfair because they're rolling their eyes at leo for saying it was a difficult film to make  when they reward far less talented actors for having overcome difficult circumstances to make a movie. so much hypocrisy really. i want to enumerate who these are just to see if there might be a concerrted campaign there to knock him down from frontrunner status but i wouldnt want to post as this forum seems to be also a favorite destination of those who love to hate leo ?

I am curious who this person is, but really I think there is no need to fret. I think Leo will definitely get a nom this year. And if he doesn't well then thats what happens. Honestly while I want him to win every award he can I know it doesn't really matter if he doesn't. All these young actors look up to him, he picks the best movies and roles. And thats why I'm a fan of him, doesn't matter how many awards he has under his belt. I just love watching his movies and the characters he plays. Because I'm just a fan of cinema in general and what he puts out there is often times among my fav movie of the year. And thats not a bias because I think hes hot and love following his life, but because the movies hes in are just awesome. The Departed is my favorite movie of all time! I also don't hope other actors fail in hopes to increase Leo's chances of getting an award because thats just silly.

He is and will always be loved and respected for the roles and movies he picks, awards or not. :)

\

Justin Bieber Parties (and Performs!) at Leonardo DiCaprio's Star-Studded St. Bart's New Year's Eve Bash

Much like his former on-screen persona Jay Gatsby, Leonardo DiCaprio knows how to throw a party. 

To ring in 2016, the actor hosted a blow-out bash in St. Barts,according to Billboard. Justin Bieber treated guests to a mini-concert before midnight struck, performing a few songs and, ultimately, losing his shirt. 

"Who is representing New York? Who wants to have a good new year?" he said. "Who has a good year resolution Who was once not a Belieber, and now is?" 

The singer reportedly performed "Sorry," but not before asking the crowd to put their phones away, then adding, "For real though. Let's just have some fun." 

Robin Thicke was reportedly in attendance with model girlfriend April Love Geary, both of whom had been enjoying a romantic, PDA-filled week on the island. (Thicke was also spotted on a yacht with DiCaprio earlier in the day.) Also soaking in the festivities were rapper Machine Gun Kelly, Lukas Haas and Kevin Connolly.

Of course, what would a hot party be without some hot snacks? DiCaprio reportedly had a private chef on-hand to cook pizza and truffle pasta until 5 a.m. We think he may have Gatsby beat.

http://www.people.com/article/justin-bieber-parties-leonardo-dicaprio

33 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

Kat

Definitely agree whenever I've surfed Twitter /award blogs / the Trades , I've seen overwhelming positivity regarding Leo's performance & his award prospects 

Personally for me , since I , nor any of us , has any control over what will happen between now & February 28th , I'm not worrying /stressing over it , instead I'm just going to enjoy all the new pix & vids we will  get of Leo from all the award shows he's nominated for as well as all the parties /Bafta Tea that he will attend :excited:

:thumbsup: 

12 minutes ago, katchitup said:

doesn't matter how many awards he has under his belt. I just love watching his movies and the characters he plays.

He is and will always be loved and respected for the roles and movies he picks, awards or not. :)

\

:PinkCouture2::PinkCouture2::PinkCouture2::PinkCouture2::PinkCouture2:

41 minutes ago, oxford25 said:

DITTO :PinkCouture2:

6 hours ago, lakemeader said:

hi, first time to post but i"ve been lurking here for years! thank you for the effort you put in to have people like me updated everyday. i would have been content to just read quietly but i just wanted to post about my frustration about this award season. i"m really baffled as to the attitude these critics are having towards Leo. There is in fact an anti-Leo campaign going on, sort of anyone but Leo for best actor. All the negativity is really directed to the best actor race -- the other acting categories don't have this kind of vitriol. i am really just perplexed why they are singling  out Leo and the smackdown is downright nasty. I know he's not the most engaging actor around especially around the media but the level of nastiness going around is really surprising.

I've actually not noticed this, but its probably because im not reading the articles. I was just referring to movie enthusiasts on other forums especially Goldderby. And I was taken aback by what they were saying. But the most important thing is what the voters who vote for the awards think.

I love this forum but sometimes I don't see things posted on here and that's why when I go elsewhere I get surprised, if I see a negative article or something. That's all :flower:

welcome Lakemeader

5 hours ago, Jade Bahr said:

^A.O. Scott from nytimes wrote Channing Tatum should be nominated for "Magic Mike XXL". For best dancing if such a category would exist, yeah. Maybe I'm wrong but I can't take this too serious lol

New. A magazine inside a magazine :D

RqBrZbaF.jpg

Source

Haha, yeah. And some of them don't have Michael Fassbender and Eddie Redmayne on their list either. So I guess they are trying to be bold and unpredictable with their pics. Like I stated in my post, I do think he will be nominated. 

Leo was still in St. Barths last night at 1Oak, I guess friends like Nikki and Vinny must have left without him. I assume hes probs leaving today then?

Valentina Zelyaeva posted a vid from 1Oak last night as well! :) 

Playing DJ at in with katiekinsell while Leo Dicaprio is in the house !