Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Some news regarding the Richard Jewell story film project that Leo might do from Deadline Hollywood

American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?

EXCLUSIVE: Clint Eastwood is seriously circling the job of directing Fox’s high profile Billy Ray-scripted untitled project about Richard Jewell, the heroic security guard who discovered a suspicious backpack in the Olympics compound during the 1996 games in Atlanta. Jewell, who’ll be played by two-time Oscar nominee Jonah Hill, was vilified as a possible terrorist, and his good work in helping clear bystanders from the area before the bomb exploded turned into a trip to the Twilight Zone. Leonardo DiCaprio is a possible to play the Southern lawyer who helped Jewell navigate that hell.

Some navigating has to be done to make this one happen with Eastwood. After the blockbuster American Sniper, Eastwood can have his pick of projects. But he has always been incredibly loyal to Warner Bros, the place where he has made movies for decades. So Warner Bros and Fox are trying to find some common ground which might involve them sharing the picture as co-production partners. All parties are wary at the moment, but doesn’t this sound too good not to happen?

The film is based on Marie Brenner’s 1997 Vanity Fair article The Ballad Of Richard Jewell. The lawyer that DiCaprio might play knew Jewell casually and mostly did real estate closings. He seemed over his head, but guided Jewell through the demoralizing nightmare that signaled the downside of the advent of the 24-hour news cycle. The FBI finally cleared Jewell three months later. The film will be produced by Appian Way’s DiCaprio and Jennifer Davisson Killoran, Hill and Kevin Misher, the latter of whom brought in the article. Misher Films’ Andy Berman also will have a producing role. Mike Ireland is overseeing for Fox. It came together when Hill and DiCaprio were eager to set up another project together after they had such a good time making The Wolf of Wall Street, for which both got Oscar nominations.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/clint-eastwood-richard-jewell-1996-summer-olympics-jonah-hill-leonardo-dicaprio-1201402476/

Kat

Tks for Tom Hardy's comments about Leo from Esquire article ; looking forward to seeing them both on big screen (Y)

Osa

Tks for Roseanne vid ; I had read that Leo was on the show , but I had never seen the episode :)

Soleus

Tks for Leo pix; new to me :)

^^Hmm I don't know how I feel about Clint and Leo again. J.Edgar wasn't the best, but the performances were really good. Clint has some movies that I really like though like Gran Torino and Changeling, so I guess I wouldn't be totally opposed to him directing the Jewell story.

Thanks! Guess this looks fairly recent..

Wow, possible filming is almost to a close? It would seem now that at least Tom is done...from his tumblr..

"Soon Come the end of The Forevernant Raven 2015 -
Alejandro IS SMASHING it ~ LEO KILLS it ~ Cast and Crew are the Cream of the Crop honor to serve with them on this one. Just outstanding. Thank you for having us and looking out for us Calgary. Canada rocks”

http://tomhardydotorg.tumblr.com/