Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I'm curious, as well, but we might not hear something until The Revenant is over. Perhaps during its promotion.

Leo might need an "easier" film next and the Jonah Hill movie you mentioned sounds like it could be the thing, since his part would be a supporting role.

I'm curious, as well, but we might not hear something until The Revenant is over. Perhaps during its promotion.

Leo might need an "easier" film next and the Jonah Hill movie you mentioned sounds like it could be the thing, since his part would be a supporting role.

Yeah, I think that makes sense. I still wanted to see him doing a very light movie, like a romantic comedy, but a GOOD one off course.   :hehe:

From HR , possible new film project for Leo , looks like he read Barbie's post above :p

I remember years ago when Leo mentioned interest in this film role ; I hope it comes to be make%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gif

Leonardo DiCaprio, New Regency Moving Ahead With 'The Crowded Room' (Exclusive

Leonardo DiCaprio is getting closer to playing a role he's eyed for nearly 20 years — that of Billy Milligan, who was the first person to successfully use multiple personality disorder as a defense in a court of law.

DiCaprio's Appian Way has come aboard to produce The Crowded Room with New Regency, while Jason Smilovic has been hired to write the adapted script. Smilovic's credits include Lucky Number Slevin and Todd Phillips' upcoming Arms and the Dudes at Warner Bros.

In addition to starring, DiCaprio will serve as a producer alongside Jennifer Davisson and Alexandra Milchan. Crowded Room further bolsters the relationship between DiCaprio and New Regency, who are currently in production together on The Revenant, director Alejandro G. Inarritu's follow-up to New Regency and Fox Searchlight's Oscar-winning Birdman.

The Crowded Room has been in the works at New Regency for years, but Smilovic's hire gives renewed life to the adaptation of Daniel Keyes' nonfiction tome about Milligan, who had 24 personalities. DiCaprio has been interested in playing Milligan stretching back to 1997, but the movie never got off the ground.

Published in 1981, Keyes' book chronicles Milligan's story, including his court trial in the late 1970s in Ohio after being charged with robbery and raping three women on the Ohio State University campus.

In the preparation of his defense, Milligan — who died in December 2014 — was diagnosed with multiple personality disorder. Pleading insanity, he and his lawyers contended that two of his alternate personalities committed the crimes without his knowledge. He was first to use this defense and the first to be acquitted for this reason.

Milligan's various personalities included Adalana, a lesbian taking responsibility for the rapes; Ragen, a Yugoslavian communist who admitted to the robbery; and Arthur, an uptight Englishman.

Hollywood has long wanted to bring Milligan's story to the big screen. High-profile directors who previously circled the project — which has been dormant for a decade — include James Cameron.

DiCaprio is represented by LBI's Rick Yorn and Davisson. Smilovic is repped by CAA

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leonardo-dicaprio-new-regency-moving-778284

Barbie & Rillio

I hope the mentioned film project with Jonah Hill /Richard Jewell story ,also, comes to be (Y)

I agree , if Leo doesn't want to move directly to another starring role, he may opt, like he did for Django Unchained, to do a supporting role

Just hope he considers beginning another film this fall :)

Barbie

Tks for pix ; it is new to me as well :)

I remember years ago when Leo mentioned interest in this film role ; I hope it comes to be make%20it%20clap.gifmake%20it%20clap.gif

Leonardo DiCaprio, New Regency Moving Ahead With 'The Crowded Room' (Exclusive

Leonardo DiCaprio is getting closer to playing a role he's eyed for nearly 20 years — that of Billy Milligan, who was the first person to successfully use multiple personality disorder as a defense in a court of law.

DiCaprio's Appian Way has come aboard to produce The Crowded Room with New Regency, while Jason Smilovic has been hired to write the adapted script. Smilovic's credits include Lucky Number Slevin and Todd Phillips' upcoming Arms and the Dudes at Warner Bros.

In addition to starring, DiCaprio will serve as a producer alongside Jennifer Davisson and Alexandra Milchan. Crowded Room further bolsters the relationship between DiCaprio and New Regency, who are currently in production together on The Revenant, director Alejandro G. Inarritu's follow-up to New Regency and Fox Searchlight's Oscar-winning Birdman.

The Crowded Room has been in the works at New Regency for years, but Smilovic's hire gives renewed life to the adaptation of Daniel Keyes' nonfiction tome about Milligan, who had 24 personalities. DiCaprio has been interested in playing Milligan stretching back to 1997, but the movie never got off the ground.

Published in 1981, Keyes' book chronicles Milligan's story, including his court trial in the late 1970s in Ohio after being charged with robbery and raping three women on the Ohio State University campus.

In the preparation of his defense, Milligan — who died in December 2014 — was diagnosed with multiple personality disorder. Pleading insanity, he and his lawyers contended that two of his alternate personalities committed the crimes without his knowledge. He was first to use this defense and the first to be acquitted for this reason.

Milligan's various personalities included Adalana, a lesbian taking responsibility for the rapes; Ragen, a Yugoslavian communist who admitted to the robbery; and Arthur, an uptight Englishman.

Hollywood has long wanted to bring Milligan's story to the big screen. High-profile directors who previously circled the project — which has been dormant for a decade — include James Cameron.

DiCaprio is represented by LBI's Rick Yorn and Davisson. Smilovic is repped by CAA

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/leonardo-dicaprio-new-regency-moving-778284

I hope so,too  :clap:  :clap: 

Big thankx Oxford 4 da news  :flower: 

also,THANX A MILLION 2 da wonderful Leo fans who shared latest updates :flower:  :flower:  :flower:  :flower: 

Thanks, oxford for the news. BarbieErin, you should wonder out loud more often :)

Are we sure Leo is starring in it, though? I read elsewhere he is only producing. If he is to also star, he'd have to play a 20-year-old. Unless the new script focuses on his life after the trial, and the events in the 70s are in flashbacks.

Thank you all for the updates! This new project sounds interesting.....I think it would be really amazing if David Fincher could dirrect, and had some Fight Club esque personality switching. Plus I would love to see Leo work with Fincher, and I could see him making this really edgy.

Of course I would prefer to see Devil in The White City getting moved along first, but this one sounds more interesting to me than the Jewell story. I guess we'll see. :)

Does anybody know has Devil developed a script yet? It seems like its been in the works for such a long time I figure its bound to be close to getting picked up by a director/leo officially. 

Rillio

Re: Crowded Room , Hollywood Reporter had the exclusive on the news, so I would think their information is accurate that Leo plans to star ; now we just have to see if it ever makes it to the big screen :p

Tks for information as to the most recent Devil in White City rewrite :)

Kat

Love the idea of Fincher directing either Crowded or Devil (Y)

Morning everybody!  TMZ has "THE FIRST PHOTO" of Leo & Rihanna from inside her birthday.  I don't know how to post the link or pics, so I won't attempt as I know someone else will post it in the next couple of hours.  My two questions are:  do you guys find TMZ to be a reliable source and is that Richie Akiva in the picture on the right?