Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

In honour of Leo's 40th ET has a vid up of an interview Leo did back in 1991. An off camera publicist has to keep correcting him. So hilarious!

Also in the same vid there's an interview from 1996 where Leo says that when he's alone with a girl he rubs noses with her and does all that romantic kind of stuff. Too cute!!

http://m.etonline.com/news/153736_watch_a_16_year_old_leonardo_dicaprio_adorably_spoil_the_final_season_of_growing_pains/

OMG, such an adorable video.  :wub:  He looks too cute, and oh in that Romeo & Juliet part, soo stunning.  :drool:

thanks a lot , fash.

And thanks for MTV article, leolover. 

^IKR? So cute :wub:

Mark Wahlberg Was A 'Punk' The First Time He Met Leonardo DiCaprio

Today Mark Wahlberg and Leonardo DiCaprio consider themselves close friends, but things were not always so rosy for the pair. And Wahlberg feels he still has a little explaining to do.

It's not the first time the star of the upcoming remake "The Gambler," with John Goodman and Jessica Lange, has mentioned the decades-old tiff. But at the film's world premiere Monday night at the AFI Fest in Los Angeles, Wahlberg discussed the origins of their '90s animosity in more animated detail.

Between spurts of laughter, Wahlberg said of DiCaprio: "We had a weird run in at an MTV Rock and Jock basketball game. I was performing in my underwear at half time and I think I had blocked a shot of his. I was a punk. I was a prick. I was not nice to Leo that day."

But Scott Kalvert, who was directing the upcoming film "The Basketball Diaries," saw something in the underwear-modeling, world-traveling rapper and approached him. "He only said this to three people -- Tupac, Will Smith and myself. He said, 'You guys should be actors and you will be actors,'" Wahlberg remembered. "He called me in for the film. Leonardo said, 'No way, I’m not making a movie with Marky Mark.' As did a lot of other people."

But he continued to audition. And his auditions became more and more entertaining. Eventually they convinced DiCaprio to read with Wahlberg.

"Of course I show up eight hours late, by accident. I was in New York and there was a huge snowstorm, so I went to Puerto Rico for the weekend with my entourage. Coming home, my flight gets canceled, I show up late, he’s sitting there, pissed," Wahlberg said.

In his defense, Wahlberg says he didn't necessarily feel Leo was right for the part in "The Basketball Diaries" either.

"He wasn’t a New York street guy basketball player. I was like, 'I’ve seen this dude play ball!' So we both had a bit of chip on our shoulder," he said. "But we started reading the scenes -- and I looked at him and he looked at me -- and I was like, 'Oh shit. This guy is good.'"

They gave Wahlberg the part.

After that, Wahlberg decided he would only do music overseas so he could make money and would never do a film for the dollar amount. "I wanted to find roles that would help me grow as an actor. So I would runaround overseas, rap, and then come back here and pursue my dream of becoming a respectable actor."

Wahlberg has been in 39 films and was nominated for an Academy Award for his role in Martin Scorsese's "The Departed." DiCaprio, who starred in that film, was not. But Wahlberg was quick to point out that DiCaprio scored an Oscar nomination that same year for "Blood Diamond," so no hard feelings.

Wahlberg even revealed that it was DiCaprio who got him a role in the 1996 thriller “Fear,” which really put him on the map. DiCaprio met with director James Foley for the role but felt it wasn’t for him. He told Foley to hire the rapper Marky Mark. As Wahlberg recalled, Foley said, “What?! Are you out of your fucking mind?” And DiCaprio said, “You should hire this guy.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/11/mark-wahlberg-leonardo-dicaprio_n_6141330.html?1415745341&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

According to Larry King, Leo is having a party tonight at the SOHO house in cali. I guess with Larry King being invited, it must be another charity fundraiser as well :hehe: 

Larry King @kingsthings · 2h 2 hours ago
Hey buddy- Happy 40th Birthday, @LeoDiCaprio! Will be at your birthday party tonight at the SOHO house.

According to Larry King, Leo is having a party tonight at the SOHO house in cali. I guess with Larry King being invited, it must be another charity fundraiser as well :hehe: 

Larry King @kingsthings · 2h 2 hours ago

Hey buddy- Happy 40th Birthday, @LeoDiCaprio! Will be at your birthday party tonight at the SOHO house.

Hum, hope we see pics or videos of this. thanks for the tweet, kat. 

Pix of Leo with Tyrese & Russell Simmons

post-52324-0-1446087725-33732_thumb.jpg

Article from People about birthday party

Where was our invite, Leo?

Celebrating the big 4-0 Tuesday night at Soho House in West Hollywood, Leonardo DiCaprio was surrounded by friends and former costars, including Tobey Maguire, Jonah Hill, Robin Thicke, Kevin Connolly, Tyrese and Adam Levine.

"Leo made sure the party had started by the time he arrived around 11 p.m.," says a source at the bash, which drew about 100 people. "It wasn't a crazy party. Guests danced and enjoyed hors d'oeuvres."

The birthday boy left the party at 1:30 a.m. but continued the celebration at a private house afterward, the insider adds. And fret not: While his girlfriend Toni Garrn did not make an appearance, the model is currently out of the country for work.

http://www.people.com/article/leonardo-dicaprio-birthday-party-soho-house

Barbie

Yes, the Tag Heuer photo shoots are my favorites of Leo as well :drool:

Random... but I wonder when Leo is going to do another photoshoot for Tag Heuer? Just because he always look soo handsome

Tks for Gatsby gifs ; love seeing Leo and Tobey clowning around :heart:

Fash

Tks for Growing Pains and Leo party vids ; the Growing Pains one was too adorable :)

Also , tks, for Leo billboard pix ; wonder who paid for it

Kat

Tks for making screen captures of the adorable Growing Pains interview ; loved Leo's reactions to the publicist's comments :)

Also, tks, for Wahlberg article and our first tweet alerting us to when/where Leo's party would be

MsLinz

Tks for Leo birthday article and clever Leo/ Gatsby birthday pix :)

Leolover

Tks for vid ; great idea for group of fans to celebrate Leo :)

If the article below is accurate we'll have another Leo photo opt coming in Dec, as the article below claims that Leo has agreed to make appearance

at upcoming climate conference in Peru

Leonardo DiCaprio will be attending COP 20, the Lima Climate Change Conference in December, diplomatic sources have told Peru this Week.

Peru this Week can reveal that the environmental activist and actor Leonardo DiCaprio will be participating in COP 20, along with other television personalities and politicians, such as Al Gore.

The 20th session of the Conference of the Parties and the 10th session of the Conference of the Parties serving as the Meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol, also known as COP 20/CMP 10, is being hosted by Peru this year from Dec. 1 – 12.

In late September, Peruvian President Ollanta Humala travelled to New York City to attend various meetings including the U.N. Climate Change Summit on Sept. 23. Also in attendance was DiCaprio, who today celebrates his 40th birthday.

Diplomatic sources confirmed that President Humala personally invited DiCaprio to attend the conference to be held in Lima.

http://www.peruthisweek.com/news-lima-welcomes-leo-to-climate-summit-104452

more birthday parties for leo :) 

Leonardo DiCaprio rings in 40 with three days of parties

Leonardo DiCaprio is ringing in his 40th birthday with three days of parties in LA.

The actor and his out-of-control grizzly beard (which is for a role and doesn’t appear to have repelled any models) started the celebrations at Soho House on Tuesday with Lukas HaasTyreseAdam LevineRussell SimmonsRobin Thicke and night-life guru Richie Akiva, followed by a wild party at a private mansion.

We’re told there were more parties Wednesday, and another at 1Oak on Thursday.

It’s good to be Leo

Pagesix