Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

I wanna see pics of him with his dad. :hehe: Though I guess now that they have their granddaughter to take care of, George and Peggy are more tied down to LA. Hopefully in the summer when the child is out of school we'll see Leo vacationing together with them or something. (Assuming of course the child is still with them)

Also just read he gave 3 million to Oceana earlier this year. (Y)

Thanks for more pics Oxford. :)

Funny how the media thinks that whole Brazil trip was orchestrated by Leo or that he rented that yacht himself. There were several wealthy people on that yacht. Though seeing as how he was the most famous person on that yacht all the attention is on him naturally. We know that Jason Strauss and Noah Tepperberg,, the guys who run Marquee, Tao, Lavo, all the big, exclusive clubs that celebs frequent were there. Makes more sense that they would be the ones bringing people in and setting up the parties, that's what they do for a living. Not to mention the extremely wealthy owner of the yacht could have very well been present himself. Anyways, another telling sign that Leo was more than likely simply a guest is that even now that Leo and his close friends have left Brazil, Jason Strauss, Noah, bunch of models etc etc are still in Brazil going to games and hanging out on the yacht. :p Though of course the media doesn't pay attention to details like we do. :p

Retro Leo and Gwenyth.

image.jpg

Fash

Ditto (Y)

Though of course the media doesn't pay attention to details like we do. :p

Tks for retro pix of Leo & Gwenyth :)

Barbie

Tks again for the video you posted; even though the clips may have been 'old' , they were 'new' to me (Y)

Like Fash, I loved Leo's/R&J wink at beginning :heart:

Twitter Leo sighting in Washington DC from yesterday at lunch and last night

Randy Pinol ‏@HeIsRandy · Jun 17

@LeoDiCaprio I just saw you having lunch at The Blue Duck Tavern! Hoping for a selfie..,

From Reliable Source , sighting from last night

Leonardo DiCaprio dines with John Kerry at Cafe Milano

Hey, isn’t that … actor Leonardo DiCaprio, fresh off an appearance at the State Department’s conference on oceans, dining with Secretary of State John Kerry last night at Cafe Milano in Georgetown?

Leo (we can call him that, right? Since Kerry did?) was spotted arriving first and heading into a private dining room at the perennial VIP magnet. Kerry followed shortly thereafter and the group was soon joined by a few other suits.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/reliable-source/wp/2014/06/18/leonardo-dicaprio-dines-with-john-kerry-at-cafe-milano/

Another pix from yesterday

post-52324-0-1446087354-09334_thumb.jpg

Fash

Tks for another Ocean Conf pix :)

Yahoo article about Leo, the Rio yacht , and his mode of transportation to Washington DC

Leonardo DiCaprio Wants to Save 'Our Ocean' — So How About That Yacht?

Leonardo DiCaprio spoke in Washington, D.C., at the State Department's "Our Ocean" conference this morning, but he was spotted on a giant yacht at the World Cup. Was that environmentally friendly?

Giant yachts — in this case, a luxury ship tied for the title of fifth-largest private-pleasure vessel on the planet — are no friends of the Earth. Ever.

"There is no such thing as a green super-yacht," confirms Mark Robinson, managing director of Yacht Carbon Offset, which helps mega-boat owners minimize their carbon footprint by supporting green energy initiatives.

That said, let's not jump all over Leo just yet. If you look at the facts, DiCaprio likely hasn't done anything un-green.

Yes, the actor and noted environmentalist did in fact deliver a speech today in Washington, D.C. And the theme was — yep — saving our oceans from pollution. He even announced that his own charity foundation will pledge $7 million to support ocean conservation.

Yes, just a few days ago, DiCaprio jetted to Rio de Janeiro before stepping aboard the massive Topaz, a yacht owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, deputy prime minister of the United Arab Emitates. (Shorthand: A really rich person.) The boat is so big that it has a jacuzzi, an elevator, a tender garage, at least one helipad, a swimming pool, a gym, a screening room, and a conference room.

Yes, such a yacht has a massive carbon footprint. Experts tell me they wouldn't be shocked if the thing had a 800,000- to a million-liter fuel tank that emits more than 2,700 tons of carbon dioxide per tank. Compare that with, say, a typical American human being, who might be responsible for 20 tons annually.

And no, it's unlikely that Sheikh Mansour bothers to counter that carbon footprint by, say, supporting renewable energy in equal measure. You can do that, by the way, via companies such as Yacht Carbon Offset.

"It's the greener and more environmental thing to do," Robinson explains to me. "It's something that really makes a difference; you're supporting a [renewable energy] project that otherwise wouldn't take place.

"Philosophically, my position is not to demonize the consumption of energy by these extremely powerful luxurious boats. But if you're going to use it, why not carbon offset it? And please don't tell me its too expensive."

But if you're hoping for a gotcha story here, you may be out of luck. DiCaprio is well known for buying his own carbon emission offsets.

Whether he bought any just to minimize the impact of this yacht shindig is unclear. But I've also heard that DiCaprio didn't rent the boat. Instead I hear it was simply anchored in Rio, where the actor attended a party before heading to the opening soccer match between Brazil and Croatia in São Paulo the next day.

Hardly a million-liter trip around the world.

If that isn't environmentally neutral enough for you, one more fact: DiCaprio took an Amtrak train to that conference in D.C.

https://ca.celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celebrity-news/leonardo-dicaprio-wants-to-save--our-ocean--%E2%80%94-so-how-about-that-yacht-150814638.html

Twitter sighting of Leo in Brooklyn today at ISA restaurant

Noticed that Vinny recently posted pix taken at Kara Walker art exhibit at Domino Sugar Factory in Brooklyn

5m

Sitting 10 ft away from Leonardo Dicaprio in BK. Thinking about inviting him to be my +1 to the @tigersjaw show

Proof again that you can't judge a situation by simply a pic. Does this mean Leo is flirting with John Kerry NO... but if John Kerry was a female everyone would think he was cheating or something lol,  Similar to the Gotha Cannes pics. So yeah pics don't tell the whole story. (Y)

93e0e0334512014.jpg

Proof again that you can't judge a situation by simply a pic. Does this mean Leo is flirting with John Kerry NO... but if John Kerry was a female everyone would think he was cheating or something lol,  Similar to the Gotha Cannes pics. So yeah pics don't tell the whole story. (Y)

post-59785-0-1446087356-83272_thumb.jpg

:nicole: