Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Leonardo DiCaprio steps outside for a smoke with girlfriend Toni Garrn and then rushes back into the club where Rihanna hosted an afterparty for the Met Gala on Monday May 5th, 2014 in New York.

Corbis-42-58226666.jpg Corbis-42-58226671.jpg Corbis-42-58226780.jpg Corbis-42-58226792.jpg Corbis-42-58226811.jpg

From NY Post

Leonardo DiCaprio eyeing surfer paintings by Raymond Pettibon

Leonardo DiCaprio is looking for artwork to hang in his new eco-friendly apartment.

The actor wandered into Adam Lindemann’s Madison Avenue gallery Venus Over Manhattan on Tuesday just before guests began arriving for a party there to celebrate Katie Couric and Laurie David’s documentary, “Fed Up.”

Spies said that Leo — who was with girlfriend Toni Garrn — had visited the gallery daily for 10 days straight to admire an exhibition of surfer paintings by punk icon-turned-top artist Raymond Pettibon.

“He’s been there in the middle of the day, strolling around looking at the art,” said a spy of Leo. “He’ll point something out and Toni’s just like, ‘Uh-huh, that’s nice.’ ”

Page Six revealed this week that Leo just snapped up a $10 million Greenwich Village apartment in the health-focused Delos building as part of his burgeoning property empire, which includes two apartments in Battery Park.

Guests later arriving at the gallery from a MoMA and Aloha screening of director Stephanie Soechtig’s doc about America’s food supply and obesity included Michael Bloomberg, Savannah Guthrie, Martha Stewart, Liv Tyler and Claire Danes.

Some guests were said to be trying the film’s “Fed Up Challenge” by going sugar-free for 10 days starting May 12.

And as further eye candy for Leo, Pettibon painted an original mural on a wall of Lindemann’s gallery that’s said to be worth $1 million.

http://pagesix.com/2014/05/07/leonardo-dicaprio-eyeing-surfer-paintings-by-raymond-pettibon/

Kat

Tks for another NY sighting :)

From Business Week's article regarding last night's Sotheby's art auction a mention of Leo

Was Leonardo DiCaprio a buyer? We spotted the actor, along with his friend Lukas Haas, in Sotheby’s lobby before the sale, and at the beginning of the auction he was in a private glass-walled skybox, along with an entourage. But the whole group cleared out about 20 minutes into the sale, after only five lots, albeit in a jovial mood, indicating perhaps they got whatever particular work they came to Sotheby’s for.

http://news.artnet.com/market/erratic-bidding-at-sothebys-219-million-sale-of-impressionist-and-modern-art-10970

Performer Future talks about his favorite celebrity :Leo in Dazed Magazine interview

DD: Who is your favourite outsider artist beyond music?

Future: Leonardo DiCaprio. I like the roles he chooses and how he makes the characters come to life. He always makes them seem real, and he’s not afraid to play the bad guy. Most people wouldn’t consider him an outsider, but I do. To transform into someone else like that, you have to be a little bit of an outsider. That’s a unique talent.

http://www.futurefanz.com/2014/05/future-talks-growing-up-in-atlanta-tony-montana-favorite-celebrity-more-with-dazed-magazine/

Tweets from last night about Leo being at Sotheby auction

Nancy Rendon ‏@sugarandglitter · 17h

Leonardo di Caprio is here but he's covering his face :(

Nancy Rendon ‏@sugarandglitter · 17h

Well he has a hoodie on

charlotte burns ‏@charlieburns · 21h

Looks like Leonardo Di Caprio just entered the skybox @Sothebys, wearing a flatcap

Nanda

Yes, one of the people who was tweeting with one of the tweeters whose tweet I posted above mentioned the Freize Art event his week and then linked an article about the best way to enjoy it and the article mentioned the best way to work your way into VIP area ; where I imagine Leo would be if he were at event :p

Nanda

Yes, looking at girl's other pix , you can see it was all well known people at event with Leo like the Mayor of NY

I loved the tweeter's comment about spotting Leo with his lowered brim ; I think we would have, too :p

cmfatchett very strategically placed hat brim

caseyfphoto @cmfatchett I spotted him from 100 feet regardless 59min

Leonardo DiCaprio hits Frieze Art Fair

A day after checking out surfer paintings by Raymond Pettibon on the Upper East Side, Leonardo DiCaprio hit Randalls Island for a VIP preview of the Frieze Art Fair.
In his signature newsboy cap, the star was seen perusing booths with director Spike Jonze.

http://pagesix.com/2014/05/08/leonardo-dicaprio-hits-frieze-art-fair/

New Leo and Toni via Instagram :heart:

catgee87

2 hours ago

Soooo total #stalker move but this is #LeonardoDiCaprio with his gf, Toni Garrn walking in the #city...I was behind them for about 6 blocks and he looked at me TWICE! I almost died and could not get the courage to ask for a pic #fail #ohwell #stillgiddy #teenagecrush #ilovedhim #celebrity #celebrityspotting #nyc #nervous #couldntbelieveit

post-42953-0-1446087255-55751_thumb.jpg

+another pic from that same night:

Danielle Chera

@ DanniC123

Leonardo dicaprio # spotted

post-42953-0-1446087255-54676_thumb.jpg