Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

The tweeter below was meeting with friend at Polo Lounge at Beverly Hills Hotel today

Rob Joseph ‏@Rob_TheBetrayed · 2h

Okay having brunch and Leonardo Dicaprio is here...

Rob Joseph ‏@Rob_TheBetrayed · 32m

Hanging with Daniel Burnhart at Polo Lounge Beverly Hills http://fb.me/1lKu5cweS

T ‏@talalammouri · 3h

ran into leo at the beverly hills hotel this morning

This is not a recent encounter with Leo at Polo Lounge in Beverly Hills, but it was 'new' to me

Love how gracious Leo was on each encounter

Sorry, if repost

Today was my friend Melinda’s and mine’s monthly Celebration luncheon at The Polo Lounge in Beverly Hills. We acknowledge our amazing accomplishments for the month and then set awesome goals for the next month.

This month we were honored by two very special appearances…The first being Melinda’s terrific Mom. What a love. It was easy to see where Melinda gets some of her fun personality traits from. Her mom is just a doll and I had such a great time including her in our celebration today.

Then when we were 2/3s of the way finished with our meal in walked Leonardo DiCaprio with a few men. The wait staff frantically tried to secure a table for them. I whispered to the Universe “Next to us please.” And within moments the people next to us quickly got up from their table and the wait staff bustled to prepare the table for this other very special ‘appearance’ at our luncheon.

I have met Leo twice. Once was 5 years ago at Global Green event for the Oscars that he hosts every year. A wonderful event to help the enviornment. Our Charity, www.OneCan.org was actually featured and honored in a way at this event. It was the first BIG event we ever had a presence at. We had 12 Gold Bins that Bob so beautifully created just for the occassion. I met Leo in a quick moment as he was being flanked by hanger ons.

I called out to him and said “I am friends with Darlene Cates.” (his mother from “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape.”)

He stopped and his countenance changed from seriously trying to escape to one of beautiful sincere love…”How is Darlene?” He asked concerned. “She’s doing great.” I responded. Knowing this because I had just spoken with her about a month before. I then told him that the Gold Bins were for my Charity as his ‘people’ rushed him out of the event…

The second time we met was just last year when I played a waiter in his new movie J Edgar. I had such a great time playing on the set with Clint Eastwood as my Director.

So I told Melinda I really wanted to say hi, but didn’t want to interrupt his meal, you know? So I excused myself and went to the restroom just before we left to ‘compose’ myself. And went back into the room. Leo was munching on some blueberry pancakes as I grabbed my ‘man purse’ and said to Melinda and Mom, “You two ready?” Melinda smiled with a twinkle in her eye, “Yeah.” I made my way to the other side of the table towards Leo’s table and said, “Excuse me, I don’t mean to interrupt (yes I did), but we met at a Global Green event awhile back when my Charity One Can was a part of the event.” I extended my hand to Leo and he shook it, “Oh yeah, of course.” “Mike Hennessey.” I turned to my lunch companions, “This is my friend Melinda and her Mom.” “Hi Mom.” He smiled to Melindas sweet mother. “My Charity was the one with the Gold Bins collecting recyclables for the Homeless to help the environment.” I stumbled over the words, not wanting to overstay my welcome. “I remember the gold bins.” Leo smiled. Melinda chimed in, “How are the blueberry pancakes?” Leo smiled “The best in town.” Melinda went on, “Great, because we’re coming back next time for breakfast so we’ll have to try them.” I interjected, “I actually played one of your waiters in J Edgar too.” Leo looked a little surprised, “Really? That’s cool.”

Finally, I took my leave gracefully, “It was so great seeing you.” We began to make our way out the door and I turned to the whole group. “Have a great day.” (Groan, I WAS the waiter from the movie).

It was truly magical and for one very important reason…When I shook Leo’s hand and we locked our blues eyes together, I could literally see just how beautiful his heart was and how loving of a man he truly is. He embraces our planet every chance he gets…and is always supportive of those who do and makes a great effort to get Hollywood involved in his love affair with Mother Earth.

http://iammiraclemike.com/?p=196