Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Thanks Ox and Kat for the clarification :flower:. He'll be too busy and I'm happy because... many photos :ddr:.

However, I wonder how Leo & Jonah can do the Q&A event Friday night , as well as, be presenters at ACE Awards that same night ???

Well, the movie starts at 8pm and they will only appear after for the Q&A so I think there's time for everything... I hope so  :hehe:.

Variety report about last night Q&A with Leo ; love Jamie /Leo dancing part

Leonardo DiCaprio Talks Corruption, ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ Dance Moves at Variety Screening

Leonardo DiCaprio said it took him six years as an actor and producer to get “The Wolf of Wall Street” to the big screen. He spoke to a packed house of Academy voters on Tuesday night at a Variety screening series in New York’s Chelsea Bow Tie Cinemas.

“At the end of the day, this was a reaction to what we see in our culture,” DiCaprio said of the adaptation of Jordan Belfort’s memoirs about his years as a corrupt stockbroker. “It’s a timeless thing, the lust for wealth and money and power, but it’s done on such a massive scale nowadays, certainly after 2008.”

DiCaprio said that director Martin Scorsese was “constantly laughing” on set.

“The comedy came from the absurdity of it,” DiCaprio explained. “Some people have had a reaction to the humor in the film, because they think we’re glorifying the world. [scorsese] said quite recently, ‘Why should I be polite in my filmmaking when these people were so impolite?’ We didn’t intend for this to be comedic. It came from the sheer audacity and absurdity of their life.”

He also addressed some of the criticisms that the film celebrates Belfort’s corrupt lifestyle that eventually led a 22-month-prison term for swindling $200 million from investors.

“There have been some reaction to why we don’t cut away to the victims and show the ramifications of their actions,” DiCaprio added. “And [scorsese] said, ‘Look, I’m not here to make a didactic movie. I want to make a film that is reflective of who these people are.’ He has his own moral compass and feeling about who these people are, he doesn’t agree with the activity obviously, and it’s a cautionary tale.”

DiCaprio said that he worked closely with Belfort, who was released from federal prison in 2006, when preparing the role. “My relationship with Jordan from an actor’s perspective was great, because there’s nothing he wouldn’t tell me,” DiCaprio said. After Belfort saw the film in November, he told DiCaprio, “I’m ashamed to admit my favorite movie of all time happens to be about me.”

And DiCaprio said he’d also heard from one of his “Django Unchained” co-stars about his performance — specifically, his dance scenes.

“I ran into Jamie Foxx, who is a friend, he watched it with some female friends of his, and one of them turned to him and said, ‘Is Leo really doing that, or is that CGI?’” DiCaprio quipped.

DiCaprio, who has worked with Scorsese five times, said he grew up admiring the director. One of his early goals as an actor was to be in a Scorsese movie.

“As soon as I had the opportunity to really finance a movie based on my name, which was essentially after ‘Titanic,’ I pursued him,” DiCaprio said of 2002′s “Gangs of New York,” their first outing together. “I know the trust level has built over the years. [scorsese] has taught me not only about being a better actor, but the history of cinema and the importance of cinema as an art form.”

“The Wolf of Wall Street” has so far grossed $227 million worldwide.

http://variety.com/2014/scene/awards/variety-screening-series-qa-leonardo-dicaprio-on-wolf-of-wall-street-scorsese-and-jamie-foxxs-surprise-reaction-to-his-dance-moves-1201088338/

Great box office news for Wolf from Australia :clap: :clap: :clap:

The Wolf Of Wall Street’ Breaks Records In Oz

…becoming the highest grossing R18+ film at the local box office.

Taking over a ranking previously held by Pulp Fiction and Basic Instinct (who were neck and neck), Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street has smashed local box office records to become the highest grossing R18+ film in Australian history after just two weeks.

Having grossed $12.96 million since its release in cinemas on January 23, the film – based on the true story of New York stockbroker and now legendary defrauder, Jordan Belfort – is also the highest ever Australian box office result for Scorsese.

"We're absolutely thrilled that Australian audiences are loving The Wolf of Wall Street. Becoming the biggest R-rated movie of all time and achieving that record in just the first two weeks goes to show that Australian audiences love a great movie when it comes along, whatever it's rated,” Roadshow Films director of marketing, Phil Oneile, said.

The darkly comic film, which clocks in at just under three hours, has garnered Oscar nominations for two of its leading players, Leonardo DiCaprio who essays Belfort, and Jonah Hill, who plays his best friend. The picture's also up for Best Film and Best Direction.

http://filmink.com.au/news/lsquothe-wolf-of-wall-streetrsquo-breaks-records-in-oz/

Thanks Ox for all the articles and video :flower:.

Any word on how it did in Japan? :)

Pretty good! It opened to $ 1.5 million :)...

The Wolf of Wall Street earned $14.2 million across the nine markets being handled by Universal Pictures. It took first place for the third-straight weekend in Germany ($4.7 million) and the U.K. ($4.2 million), and also added $2.4 million in Spain. In Japan (a Paramount market) it opened to $1.5 million, which is about on par with The Great Gatsby

Source: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3780&p=.htm

Thanks Nanda for the box office news and the new pic! :flower:

Campaigning is part of Hollywood, obviously Leo and Paramount are doing it too, so In the future I won't look down at actors/ studios who are competing against Leo that campaign heavily... It's only fair. :p :)

And Leo seems to just keep soaring and soaring. He's on a red hot streak when it comes to making bank and having universally praised performances. Wolf was the icing on the cake!

Thanks Laloo for the Variety clips! Welcome to the board :wave:

Leo lover- Thanks for BBC interview. I'm so happy he's getting the word out about the movie!! I really hope he's gets that well deserved Oscar in a few weeks!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Variety report about last night Q&A with Leo ; love Jamie /Leo dancing part

And DiCaprio said he’d also heard from one of his “Django Unchained” co-stars about his performance — specifically, his dance scenes.

“I ran into Jamie Foxx, who is a friend, he watched it with some female friends of his, and one of them turned to him and said, ‘Is Leo really doing that, or is that CGI?’” DiCaprio quipped.

Loved this! So funny!! One of my friends asked me if he was really high on Quaaludes during the Lemon 714 scene. I was like NOOOOOO LOL!!!!  :laugh: :laugh:

George Clooney mentions Leo in his reponse to Tina Fey's joke

George Clooney is planning "downright dirty" payback for Tina Fey and Amy Poehler's Golden Globes gag about him,already humorously swiping

at woman via his "Monuments Men" costar Madd Damon.

It tourns out Clooney,52,obtained  stationery in Damon's name and send a letter to Fey as his costar calling them out for the jokes they made.

"I send her a letter going : "Dear Tina,Listen.." Clooney said lauging.It's from Matt and it says,"Look it sounds hypocritical because I laughed about jokes  about George and Leo,but that's sort of  what people think about them...But when you call me a garbage man it just seems like low-hanging fruit.

It seems like an easy joke.I don't want an apology or anything else.I just want you to  know  that my kids now calls me the "garbage man".

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-george-clooney-tina-fey-amy-pohler-feud-payback-sirius-20140205,0,3854663.story#axzz2sVB6FI7q