Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Some pix of Leo entering NBR ceremony last night

Foxyvilla & LeoLover

Great news you bring us to start off the day , tks rhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gifrhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gifrhythm%20is%20a%20dancer.gif

Barbie

Tks for more great Ellen pix  , as well as,  all the NBR awards :)

Cassandra

Tks for Ellen vids :)

Marjo

Tks for Leo/NBR vid :)

02629-626x800.jpg 02828.jpg 02729-716x1024.jpg

Leo's comments regarding BAFTA nomination

The Wolf of Wall Street opens on January 17, and following the announcement of its multi BAFTA nominations, The Fan Carpet have this quote from Leonardo DiCaprio to share with you.

"I am truly honored to be nominated today by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. These nominations reflect the determination of an extraordinary cast, crew and of course the great Marty Scorsese”

http://www.thefancarpet.com/NewsPage.aspx?n_id=8972

Leo's comments regarding BAFTA nomination

The Wolf of Wall Street opens on January 17, and following the announcement of its multi BAFTA nominations, The Fan Carpet have this quote from Leonardo DiCaprio to share with you.

"I am truly honored to be nominated today by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. These nominations reflect the determination of an extraordinary cast, crew and of course the great Marty Scorsese”

http://www.thefancarpet.com/NewsPage.aspx?n_id=8972

From Vanity Fair : Leo and Marty's NBR acceptance speech

Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese Should Teach All Celebrities How to Perform Acceptance Speeches

6274857.jpg

At the National Board of Review Awards gala on Tuesday, the Spotlight Award celebrated the career collaboration of Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio. The two have done five films together, including this year’s The Wolf of Wall Street. “I grew up watching his films, all of my friends were actors, I have idealized Marty and Bob [De Niro] and their work, so I just did everything that I could to have that initial interaction with him,” DiCaprio said before the award ceremony at Cipriani in New York. “And I got to do Gangs of New York, and it’s been five films since then. I’m just lucky that we’ve had similar tastes, and he’s wanted to do some of the movies that I’ve wanted to do, and vice versa.”

Later in the evening, the two took the stage to accept their award, and did a little Abbott and Costello-style routine that delighted the audience. Here's how it

Later in the evening, the two took the stage to accept their award, and did a little Abbott and Costello-style routine that delighted the audience. Here's how it went:

DiCaprio and Scorsese [together]: Well, working in tandem with another artist is—

Scorsese: You go ahead. You go first.

DiCaprio: No, no, no. Please, I insist.

Scorsese: No, no. After you. After you.

DiCaprio: No, honestly. You have a lot more to say about the history of cinema than I do. So you go first. Unless, of course, you want me to go first. Want me to go first?

Scorsese: I’d like you to go first. Just keep it short.

DiCaprio: O.K. You mean, like, under-three-hours short?

Scorsese: Ideally under three hours.

DiCaprio: It has been an incredible honor for me to have worked alongside a director of Marty’s caliber. Marty and I have made five films together, and ours is like any other long-term relationship. On Gangs of New York we courted each other. On Aviator, Departed, and Shutter Island, our kinship and trust expanded and deepened. Now on Wolf of Wall Street, we’re like any old married couple.

Scorsese: It’s often overlooked. It’s labor. That’s at the heart of collaboration. Movies are work. They’re a daily battle, and, you know, if you’re going to go into battle, you’d better go with somebody you respect, somebody you trust, and hopefully somebody you like. And Leo has all the qualities I’m looking for in a great actor.

DiCaprio: You mean like an Italian last name.

Scorsese: That helps. That helps.

DiCaprio: There are directors, and then there are auteurs. When one speaks about Martin Scorsese’s relationship to the world of cinema, one must reflect upon its entire history. You can’t just talk about one film. So in commemoration of tonight, I’ve decided to talk about his entire knowledge of the history of cinema. So if you’d just take a moment and go back to 1896, the Mayer Brothers and Thomas Edison… Or we can skip ahead even to D. W. Griffith, with his small hand-crank camera. You know, they’d even have the same perforation on the film stock that we’ve taken for granted today, but...

Scorsese: I think they get the picture. We don’t need to go back that far, to the perforation of film stock, for God’s sake.

DiCaprio: But I have, like, another 15 minutes.

Scorsese: No, no, no. I think the whole point, the natural point is 1909, the early history of cinema.

DiCaprio: It’s supposed to be about collaboration. We should collaborate on something, do something together.

Scorsese: Collaborating on something, the idea would be to wrap it up. So let’s wrap it up.

DiCaprio: So I go.

Scorsese: O.K.

DiCaprio: All right. So on behalf of Marty—

Scorsese: I want to thank—

DiCaprio: The National Board of Review—

Scorsese: For this wonderful—

DiCaprio: Honor as well as—

Scorsese: Leo—

DiCaprio: Marty. And—

Scorsese: For letting—

DiCaprio: Me—

Scorsese: Finish—

DiCaprio: This. Goodnight.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2014/01/Leonardo-dicaprio-martin-scorsese-best-speech-ever?mbid=social_twitter&mbid=social_retweet

^+the vid! I really hope there is more content live!

I capped the his whole appearance. I don't think the part in which he talks about Jonah were on any of the previously posted videos...

Leonardo DiCaprio on The Ellen DeGeneres Show (1/7/14)

14:16

Password: PinkCouture

*Please Credit If Repost Elsewhere. Thank You!*

From Vanity Fair : Leo and Marty's NBR acceptance speech

Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese Should Teach All Celebrities How to Perform Acceptance Speeches

post-61708-0-1446086795-46945_thumb.jpg

At the National Board of Review Awards gala on Tuesday, the Spotlight Award celebrated the career collaboration of Martin Scorsese and Leonardo DiCaprio. The two have done five films together, including this year’s The Wolf of Wall Street. “I grew up watching his films, all of my friends were actors, I have idealized Marty and Bob [De Niro] and their work, so I just did everything that I could to have that initial interaction with him,” DiCaprio said before the award ceremony at Cipriani in New York. “And I got to do Gangs of New York, and it’s been five films since then. I’m just lucky that we’ve had similar tastes, and he’s wanted to do some of the movies that I’ve wanted to do, and vice versa.”

Later in the evening, the two took the stage to accept their award, and did a little Abbott and Costello-style routine that delighted the audience. Here's how it

Later in the evening, the two took the stage to accept their award, and did a little Abbott and Costello-style routine that delighted the audience. Here's how it went:

DiCaprio and Scorsese [together]: Well, working in tandem with another artist is—

Scorsese: You go ahead. You go first.

DiCaprio: No, no, no. Please, I insist.

Scorsese: No, no. After you. After you.

DiCaprio: No, honestly. You have a lot more to say about the history of cinema than I do. So you go first. Unless, of course, you want me to go first. Want me to go first?

Scorsese: I’d like you to go first. Just keep it short.

DiCaprio: O.K. You mean, like, under-three-hours short?

Scorsese: Ideally under three hours.

DiCaprio: It has been an incredible honor for me to have worked alongside a director of Marty’s caliber. Marty and I have made five films together, and ours is like any other long-term relationship. On Gangs of New York we courted each other. On Aviator, Departed, and Shutter Island, our kinship and trust expanded and deepened. Now on Wolf of Wall Street, we’re like any old married couple.

Scorsese: It’s often overlooked. It’s labor. That’s at the heart of collaboration. Movies are work. They’re a daily battle, and, you know, if you’re going to go into battle, you’d better go with somebody you respect, somebody you trust, and hopefully somebody you like. And Leo has all the qualities I’m looking for in a great actor.

DiCaprio: You mean like an Italian last name.

Scorsese: That helps. That helps.

DiCaprio: There are directors, and then there are auteurs. When one speaks about Martin Scorsese’s relationship to the world of cinema, one must reflect upon its entire history. You can’t just talk about one film. So in commemoration of tonight, I’ve decided to talk about his entire knowledge of the history of cinema. So if you’d just take a moment and go back to 1896, the Mayer Brothers and Thomas Edison… Or we can skip ahead even to D. W. Griffith, with his small hand-crank camera. You know, they’d even have the same perforation on the film stock that we’ve taken for granted today, but...

Scorsese: I think they get the picture. We don’t need to go back that far, to the perforation of film stock, for God’s sake.

DiCaprio: But I have, like, another 15 minutes.

Scorsese: No, no, no. I think the whole point, the natural point is 1909, the early history of cinema.

DiCaprio: It’s supposed to be about collaboration. We should collaborate on something, do something together.

Scorsese: Collaborating on something, the idea would be to wrap it up. So let’s wrap it up.

DiCaprio: So I go.

Scorsese: O.K.

DiCaprio: All right. So on behalf of Marty—

Scorsese: I want to thank—

DiCaprio: The National Board of Review—

Scorsese: For this wonderful—

DiCaprio: Honor as well as—

Scorsese: Leo—

DiCaprio: Marty. And—

Scorsese: For letting—

DiCaprio: Me—

Scorsese: Finish—

DiCaprio: This. Goodnight.

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2014/01/Leonardo-dicaprio-martin-scorsese-best-speech-ever?mbid=social_twitter&mbid=social_retweet