Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

Wow love the stills....I'm trying to skip over them to give me a suprise when I see the movie, but I can't help it. :rofl: Oh well I read the book anyway so I guess it doesn't matter :p :p

Thanks all!

Sighting of Leo and Bradley in LA last night:

My cousin hung out with Bradley coopers and Leo DiCaprio last night so I'm gunna go kill myself now

EDIT:

Also flattering review of Wolf and Leo :)

http://thesource.com/2013/12/22/film-review-leonardo-dicaprio-stars-in-wolf-of-wall-street/

Another great Wolf review from USA Today, just gonna post the last part :)

The Wolf of Wall Street examines the twin demons of insatiable desire and corruption in a thoroughly entertaining fashion. Its cynical script by Terence Winter is razor-sharp. And while there are a few too many scenes of maniacal partying, the film is captivating, despite its three-hour length.

It's not entirely clear, however, if Scorsese is appalled by the bad behavior or merely winking at it. These are repellent people who don't suffer the consequences they deserve. Does the director in some ways admire their all-out audacity? He doesn't delve too deeply into the psyches of these vulgar swindlers. He just offers them up to the audience relentlessly, with a distinctively swooping camera and quick edits.

The Wolf of Wall Street is epic in scope, intoxicating and brimming with vitality — often disturbingly so.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/12/22/the-wolf-of-wall-street-review/2941331/

I agree wayw. It is like Christmas everyday!!! Welcome to the boards. :wave:

Leo will be on GMA bright and early tomorrow!! Don't forget to watch girls!

I can't believe we're only two days away from opening day!!! I'm going first thing Thursday!!! Can't wait  :woohoo:

Have read many, many raves regarding film and Leo's performance since last week ; loved the discussion/comments below regarding Leo's performance from a new review today

It’s worth mentioning to that DiCaprio manages to make Belfort so much more than an anti-hero. He’s never really the bad guy, in our eyes, and even when he does some terrible things, you’re kind of rooting for him in a weird way. There’s a lot of power in that statement and a big testament to the production for making someone we should all normally despise into a surrogate for our own secret desires.

C: A lot, if not most, of that credit goes to Leonardo DiCaprio who is obviously a chameleon, but this is the best I have ever seen him. This is a guy who has had more than a promising career, but continues to get better and it pays off with flying colors here. DiCaprio’s Belfort is yes, despicable, but you almost envy him with the knowledge that what he’s doing isn’t legal. I think it’s safe to say that DiCaprio is at his best with Scorsese, but this is whole new territory for both of them.

N: It certainly is as I can say I really haven’t seen anything quite like The Wolf of Wall Street. It’s an incredibly unique film and an even lengthier ride. But there’s no one else I’d rather sit beside than those two. As for Leo, I agree that he’s at his absolute best. This is a guy that is universally loved, so seeing him get away with everything just feels… right. I mean, if there is anyone else in the world (next to the real Belfort) that could get away with everything on screen, it’s Leo. It’s the most charismatic we’ve seen him since Catch Me If You Can (with his Frank Abagnale and Belfort having quite a bit in common) and it’s a worthy follow up to last year’s unforgettable performance as Calvin Candie in Django Unchained. Who knew the man could top that?

C: I always felt he would top the despicably wonderful Calvin Candie, but I would have never thought it would be so soon. This is a film that should not go unmentioned as Scorsese’s most vulgar film, but at the same time this is the most sexually charged, coke snorting performance we have seen from DiCaprio. They are breaking much ground from their previous work.

N: It certainly feels like DiCaprio is breaking the ‘mold’ he’s set in the past, given his somewhat clean streak, but it also feels like the natural progression you’d expect in his career. Last year’ Django was a dark, twisted turn for Cap, and this follow up is a worth successor, elevating that sleaze and sharkiness to another level.

http://cinekatz.com/double-team-review-the-wolf-of-wall-street-2013/

Another great comment about Leo's performance

DiCaprio, finally looking old enough to no longer be baby-faced, is the whirlwind that powers this movie. He is so engaged, so charismatic, so big, that he’s a special effect in his own right.

http://badassdigest.com/2013/12/23/the-wolf-of-wall-street-movie-review-scorsese-makes-stocksfellas/

Thank you Marjo and Oxford:flower:

Thanks Oxford :)

Just Jared Mentioned that Leo was doing funny voices at the table to entertain Tobey's kids. :heart: Oh and is that his bodyguard?

While out to eat, a JustJared.com spywitness said that “Leo was making the kids laugh hysterically by doing funny voices at the table.” So cute!

http://m.justjared.com/pl/2013/12/23/leonardo-dicaprio-hangs-with-tobey-maguires-kids-in-weho/