Bellazon

Leonardo DiCaprio - (Please Read First Post Prior to Posting)
Thumbnail

moiselles

So I got to see the movie on Thursday night and my theater was packed. The movie was really great and Leo gave an amazing performance. He was really funny in the movie. He proves here that he can do physical comedy and man those dance moves were great. Leo and Margot were so good together and that girl is really beautiful. The rest of the cast was great as well. Jonah and Leo had awesome on screen chemistry. The qualude sequence that everyone is talking about was so funny. The entire theater was laughing so hard that I couldn't hear the dialogue in the scene. It was a great time. Hope you guys enjoy it as well. :)

So I got to see the movie on Thursday night and my theater was packed. The movie was really great and Leo gave an amazing performance. He was really funny in the movie. He proves here that he can do physical comedy and man those dance moves were great. Leo and Margot were so good together and that girl is really beautiful. The rest of the cast was great as well. Jonah and Leo had awesome on screen chemistry. The qualude sequence that everyone is talking about was so funny. The entire theater was laughing so hard that I couldn't hear the dialogue in the scene. It was a great time. Hope you guys enjoy it as well. :)

Margot about Leo:

“Working with DiCaprio was a dream come true. He’s always been my favorite actor,” she explains of a prospect that simultaneously intimidated and overwhelmed her. “Both he and Marty have such massive presences when you’re around them—they’re unstoppable, like this force that keeps moving; they have so much dimension, it sometimes seems impossible to keep up with them. Working with Leo challenged me every single second—the challenge just to keep up with him pushed me and got my acting to a level it’s never been, which is incredibly satisfying.”

And Leo about Margot:

“Playing a girl from [New York] when you’re all the way from Australia, and understanding the mannerisms and the hand movements and the culture, is a difficult undertaking,” says DiCaprio of his co-star. “But Margot worked so diligently creating character; she’s incredibly believable.”

b486e2373c9e7ddde99a78925b847b72_normal.

Larry Richman @larry411

90 second review: The Wolf of Wall Street. Worth everything they're saying about it, and unquestionably DiCaprio's best work. He's onscreen for three solid hours, virtually every frame. And constantly talking. When he's not speaking on camera he's doing voiceover. I suspect he may have more lines of dialogue than anyone in any movie in modern times. Yet it's action-laden as well as dialogue-heavy. This is no August: Osage County (although I loved that film, as well). Despite the wordy script, it's not theatrical at all. That said, there are some amazing, drawn-out speeches and two or three character scenes that would be far too long in the hands of a lesser director and editor than Martin Scorsese and Thelma Schoonmaker (who's cut all his films). In so many movies I find myself yelling, in my head, "CUT! CUT!" at the self-indulgent scenes that just drag on too long. Here I found myself saying, "MORE! MORE!" Jonah Hill is funny, smarmy, creepy, and downright scary as Leo's right hand man. It's been billed as violent, but I didn't see it that way at all. The drugs, however, are rampant. Those who survived the 80s may have flashbacks. The sex is copious, too. Leo's ass is onscreen more than some of the supporting cast. It should have a credit. :rofl: Kyle Chandler is a standout, along with Jean Dujardin, Jon Bernthal, Jon Favreau, and anyone else named Jon. It's based on a true story, as told in the book by Jordan Belfort, whose character is portrayed by Leo. The budget is reported at $100M and much of that went to song licensing (it's a killer soundtrack), Leo's salary, and a massive legal team to handle all the potental suits as the film uses real names and companies. At three hours it's still too short. The time flies by and you're left wanting more. Destined to be a classic.

Another 5 stars review...

The Wolf of Wall Street – movie review
Just what is the verdict on Martin Scorsese's latest offering?

Key to the movie’s success is the enormous performance of Marty’s five-time star, Leonardo DiCaprio. As Belfort, he’s less a stockbroker than a crazed circus ringmaster, a cracked, charismatic master bullshitter who narrates his wonderful, wicked life with uncommon verve and panache.

"It is by far the greatest guilty pleasure of the season"

Oozing charisma from every pore, Leo goes so far as to break the movie’s fourth wall, often addressing the audience directly, assuring us not to worry about understanding the details of his various frauds. All that matters, he says, is that we take on board that he was blissfully breaking the law, largely getting away with it and having the most brilliant time imaginable.

In the hands of a lesser director, a device as self-conscious as the lead character speaking directly to the audience would pull most people out of the moment. Would remind us we’re watching a movie and render it impossible for us to get lost in the story. But when it’s Leo speaking to camera, and Marty behind it, it adds a cheeky, conspiratorial frisson to the action that makes the movie even more entertaining. It’s like we’re being taken along on the ride, a trusted member of Belfort’s inner circle.

The supporting cast are also quite brilliant, from Jonah Hill’s insane, drug-devouring sidekick, and Margot Robbie’s give-as-good-as-she-gets wife, to smaller but no less perfectly formed turns from the likes of Matthew McConaughey as Belfort’s mental mentor, Rob Reiner as his high-strung dad, and lovely Joanna Lumley, as his posh, worldly aunt-in-law.

You’ll love it. It’s arguably Marty’s best offering since Goodfellas.

81C49CFD9EFFB6FFF453BFCD6EEB.jpg

Verdict: Shot with wicked style, unbound energy and twisted imagination, it’s simply shocking how much fun this movie is.